FFVII for PSP/PS3

Astethica

Man of the Forest
Gil
Well. As you all may know by now (at least you who have Playstation store) that FFVII is available for purchase on Playstation Store. I bought it and downloaded it to my PSP. Gotta say I love it! Portable Final Fantasy VII is really sweet and I can finally play the game (tried the PC version, but it was at fault). I am so happy :highfive:

Are there anyone else out there who´ve done the same thing (PSP or PS3)? ^^

I hacked my psp and downloaded the real ps1 version for free on my pc and put it on there so that I could play it. I didn't know they were going to put it in the online store.
I can't really get into it though...not sure why, everyone else loves it.

I bought it for my PS3 an i absolutely love it, i had it on PS1 years ago an ive never got to beat sephiroth at the end so hopefully i will do that this time =D

Did the same as Seed. that way, i got to play the original one and felt as though i was younger again...o_O

I remember playing FF7 when I was just 6 years old. It was really educational for me, taught me some new words. It was the first game I got when I won tickets at an arcade.

But I still got the original disc, and my PS3's backwards compatible so no I won't be getting the PSN one.

Yes, but the downloadable one is in High Def on the PS3 unlike the PS1 version you are playing on your PS3. So you'd be able to see those 1997 polygon graphics in much better detail if you download it. :p

I am really happy that they put FF7 on PSN. It finally gave me an opportunity to play a game I have heard sooooo much about. I really hope they put other Final Fantasy games on the Playstation Network.

Last edited:
I would really like IX on PSN. I would delete every song and movie off of my PSP memory stick to D/L IX.

I would like to see FFVIII and FFIX at Playstation Store :3
Gosh! My life would become completed.
Oh well. Thanks to my girlfriend, I can now enjoy Final Fantasy VII all the time :3

I think I'm goin to get it! It would be awesome if FF9 came out on the PSN as well.

I think I'l move this over to General Discussion, leave the chat open for OTHER FF games that could wing their way to the PSN store ^^

I wouldnt mind getting it for my POP, but I think Id just be buying it for buyings sake, plus my memory card isn't big enough anyway...:wacky:

AND I never really take my PSP out with me anywhere...so I guess it would just be pointless for me and I dont have a PS3....

I think that Final Fantasy VII should be for PS3 because the graphics are better than the PSP, but the down side is that you can't play Final Fantasy VII outside your house like you can do with the PSP. The PSP is lighter, smaller and you can play any games anywhere with no problem at all. So I think that it will better if Final Fantasy VII is made for PS3 and for PSP. But you know I don't think that Square-Enix will do that because they probably sell more copies on the PS3 than on the PSP. That is my opinion. But still I want it to be on the PS3 because of the awesome graphics and sounds. It will be more enjoyful.

Last edited:
I plan to download it as soon as I get a better memory stick for the PSP. I'd only download it for PSN to play on the PSP anyway, since I have FFVII for PS1 that I can play on my PS3 if I need too, but the thought of a portable FFVII is a very pleasing one.

I hope they release VIII and IX to the PSN too, especially VIII since it has a lot of bugs when playing it on the PS3 with a PS1 disk, if I recall correctly.

I guess depending on how well recieved FFVII is, they will release more, although I'm guessing it will only be VIII & IX.....:wacky:

Saying that,. there's no reason why X and XII couldnt be released on it either at some point....

I downloaded it and had it beat in four days. Was at home sick the whole time so that is all I did. Game was a whole lot harder when I was a kid. I died like three times and never had to grind out levels. Also came to the conclusion that the story is a zillion times overrated, but the game play is still as awesome as ever. Now I am going back and replaying all the other games to see how they have aged. FYI, Kefka is still awesome/scary/silly/the best villain ever.

From what I know, FFVIII was already released in Japan for the PSN, so it's likely it could come over to North America. FFIX would be ace too ^^

Btw, how big is the file size of FFVII? I have a 4GB Memory card, but I got a lot of music and video files in my PSP as well >.<

Although I don't even own a PS3, so I'm getting ahead of myself here >_>

I guess depending on how well recieved FFVII is, they will release more, although I'm guessing it will only be VIII & IX.....:wacky:

Saying that,. there's no reason why X and XII couldnt be released on it either at some point....

Doubt X and XII will be, due to the issues of playing PS2 games on alot of PS3 models. Not sure if the PSP is the same, though you'll need a PS3 to get it anyway. :wacky:

Be good if IX was released, I've never finished it. I only have the first two discs, no idea what-so-ever where the 3rd and 4th are. >_>

VII and VIII I have on disc, so not concered about either, unless a disc decides to pack in.

Is it possible to get it just for the PSP w/o having a PS3 because I dont plan on buying a PS3?

If this is possible is there anyway someone could help me figure out how? I'm not much of a gamer or at least havent been since I was like 15 (7 years ago) when all this stuff wasnt even possible, I think.

Last edited:
Oh well that fucking sucks, I dont HAVE a PS3. What's the chuffing point on being able to get it on PSP but needing a PS3?!

Knickers too it, I have 2 copies for the PS1 anyway :grumpy:

Back