Final battle party

Lord Behemoth

Chocobo Breeder
Gil
I would like to know what party you use for the final battle (Memoria)...
And also, if u want, why you use each character :)

Ill start....

Zidane - Does 9999 attack damage with ultima weapon + MP attack + lvl 99
Dagger - I use Odin because he can do a lot of damage + she can heal...she is not very strong but I use her cause she is very hot;))
Vivi - auto reflect + flare on himself - 9999 damage....
Steiner - Shock or even better Climhazzard ( cause of smaller mp cost ),
always does 9999 damage...

Thats not my strongest party...I used them just because they are my favourite ...

Wow. I haven't really played through the game, only watched walkthrough and you got a really good part (I think).
But if i could play i would choose:
Zidane
Vivi
Eiko
????

I like those characters but dunno wich one who would fill that last spot.

Believe it or not, but I like to use Zidane, Dagger, Vivi and Steiner as well. Partially because they kick ass together, partially for sentimental value. They've been around the longest, so they deserve to be the ones to lash out on the final boss sort of thing.

My party was Zidane, Freya, Vivi and Eiko...

I only have something to particularly say about Eiko and that is that she is just the much better white mage. Her eidolons are more useful in this type of game. I like Dagger, but Eiko is my home girl, she puts that MP to good work.

My party was:

Zidane (because you couldn't change him....I think)
Steiner (Because he was the strongest character at the time, dealing 9999 every hit)
Vivi (as I unlocked a hell of a lot of magic with him)
Amarant (To be honest, I know its sad, But I started using him because he looked cool....)

Zidane: Did lots of damage and had high health
Vivi: Really strong magic and lots of MP
Steiner: Shock w/Ragnarok = 9999 damage
Amarant: Auto-Life ability combined with high strength, even with his horrible magic defense.

I always used Zidane, Garnet, Vivi and Steiner. I only used the four of them because they were my favourite characters throughout the game, and I think with FFIX, it doesn't really matter who you use, as it's pretty easy anyway. Even though I know Eiko's better than Garnet, I still use Garnet because I prefer her character. xD

As most people here I chose to go with:

Zidane- Because of his massive HP and attack power, plus his Dyne attacks.

Vivi- Black magic was a big help in this fight

Steiner- Another good hitter and Magic sword is pure win :P

Garnet- White magic and summoning, you cant go wrong there.

I might use Amarant he was also a good character to use too.

I always used Zidane, Garnet, Vivi and Steiner. I only used the four of them because they were my favourite characters throughout the game, and I think with FFIX, it doesn't really matter who you use, as it's pretty easy anyway. Even though I know Eiko's better than Garnet, I still use Garnet because I prefer her character. xD

That's how I am with that game in a nutshell. I never compared if Eiko was better or not though. I didn't like her so I never leveled her up evenly to Garnet. I only played through and beat the game once though, so maybe my opinion has changed from 5+ years ago.

my final four tends to consist of

Zidane: impressive HP stat and good at dealing damage

Garnet: good white mage and better summoner

Eiko: Better white mage, good summoner

Vivi: Badass Black mage and he looks cool

my final four tends to consist of

Zidane: impressive HP stat and good at dealing damage

Garnet: good white mage and better summoner

Eiko: Better white mage, good summoner

Vivi: Badass Black mage and he looks cool

Same here.

Zidane: Primary damage dealer, and can steal things.

Garnet: White mage, with higher damage dealing summons.

Eiko: White mage, with awesome healing moves, and two very useful summons.

Vivi: Black mage, awesome, and black mage.

Hm. Pretty generic. The original party you would have after escaping the Evil Forest. That is, Zidane, Steiner, Vivi, and Garnet.

Throughout the game, I have continuously used this party. The only time I didn't use them was during the Desert Palace segment, where the party would be split up. I split up the party and went with Steiner and Zidane to Oelivert. The two mages stayed with the rest.

By Memoria, the four characters were the most powerful, highest level and had the best equipment. Garnet had all her spells, and summons as well, not to mention, her strongest weapon. Zidane as well. Perhaps, only Steiner didn't have his strongest weapon, I seem to remember having got him an Excalibur though, Excalibur II was way too tedious for me. Vivi had his ultimate weapon and spell as well. The weapon was easy to obtain after all.

Mine are:
Zidane - Main character, you have to? and he's fairly good anyway, 9999 damage with the right combination
Vivi - Black mage, hugely powerful magic attacks
Garnet - White mage and Summoner what more can you ask for... Oh yeah my favourite character...
Steiner - Similar reason to Zidane, he can hit huge amounts of damage, and also one of the harder characters to kill as well, as he seems to get the most HP out of everybody

Also as these are the characters you see the most of, and I liked the stories of most

Mine are:
Zidane - Main character, you have to? and he's fairly good anyway, 9999 damage with the right combination
Vivi - Black mage, hugely powerful magic attacks
Garnet - White mage and Summoner what more can you ask for... Oh yeah my favourite character...
Steiner - Similar reason to Zidane, he can hit huge amounts of damage, and also one of the harder characters to kill as well, as he seems to get the most HP out of everybody

Also as these are the characters you see the most of, and I liked the stories of most

That's exactly what I thought. Call me weird, but not having that party for the final battle felt weird to me. It's like, Zidane, Vivi, Steiner, and Garnet HAVE to be together as a team. For whatever reason they seem to fit in the story so well, plus in battle they all compliment one another nicely. My Steiner didn't seem nearly as powerful alone than when he was using his Magic Sword with Vivi. In comparison, the other characters, however much I liked them, seemed like minor characters in comparison.

I think mine are/were...

Zidane
Garnet
Vivi
Freya

The first three were for the same reasons basically that most of the others in this thread have listed; as far as Freya goes, she did a little of everything here and there, and for whatever reason had the most HP IIRC. It's been a while actually, I want to play through the game again.

Hmm, mine would have to be:

Zidane - Main character, but also one of the best. Decent speed, damage and hit points.
Steiner - Same as above really, can easily hit for 9,999 each time.
Freya - Dragon Crest = easy 9,999 each time. Plus her jump attack is pretty handy.
Dagger - Only reason I chose her over Eiko was because I liked her more, I only use her for healing so summons/damage didn't really matter for me.

my final party: 1) Zidane : he was strong also you can't change him
2) Amarant : his attacks were good to me
3) Steiner : he was the best one, his damage and his def were high
4) Dagger : i let her in because of her useful white magic

my final party: 1) Zidane : he was strong also you can't change him
2) Amarant : his attacks were good to me
3) Steiner : he was the best one, his damage and his def were high
4) Dagger : i let her in because of her useful white magic

Wow, this is my exact party! Zidane, Amarant, and Steiner all dealt 9999 damage with their respective weapons and Dagger was my healer/ summoner, so I thought I had a balanced party.

Hmm, mine would have to be:

Zidane - Main character, but also one of the best. Decent speed, damage and hit points.
Steiner - Same as above really, can easily hit for 9,999 each time.
Freya - Dragon Crest = easy 9,999 each time. Plus her jump attack is pretty handy.
Dagger - Only reason I chose her over Eiko was because I liked her more, I only use her for healing so summons/damage didn't really matter for me.

This.

Getting 9,999 out of Freya's Dragon Crest is a snap if you used the Lv5 Death Grand Dragon leveling trick.

Zidane and Steiner are both close to max damage as well and Zidane's trance just shuts things down in a hurry.

Dagger just sits backs and heals with one hand - twiddles herself with the other.

My usual final boss battle party consists of Zidane, Amarant, Vivi and Eiko.

Zidane because he's awesome, Amarant for his Chakra and Revive abilities, Vivi for is uber awesome magic (and 'cause he's awesome too ;D) and Eiko for her healing abilities. Dagger is a decent healer, but Eiko's the main healer while Dagger focus is on summoning.

I kind of want to switch it up, but I've been happy with using these four *shrugs*

Back