Final Fantasy in decline?

I think FFXIII will be enough of a reason just to get a PS3

How do you know? For all we know the game could really suck. I won't be buying until I see what other people have to say about it, then I MIGHT consider buying a PS3. But there better be other good games for it.

why dont you admit it that the plot is bad
but the game is good

I beg your pardon? You're basically implying that I should be admitting the story is bad because you think that it is and people have to agree with that? If the plot was so bad, everybody would have complained about it, calling it the worst ever - news flash, people have different opinions, people like different things - the plot isn't going to appeal to everyone, so please don't try putting words in my mouth ;)

I like the plot, end of story.

I beg your pardon? You're basically implying that I should be admitting the story is bad because you think that it is and people have to agree with that? If the plot was so bad, everybody would have complained about it, calling it the worst ever - news flash, people have different opinions, people like different things - the plot isn't going to appeal to everyone, so please don't try putting words in my mouth ;)

I like the plot, end of story.

everybody has different opinions but some opinions could be wrong

everybody has different opinions but some opinions could be wrong

So I could go ahead and say that your opinion is wrong also? Opinions - there are no wrong/right to them.

If someone dislikes FFXII because of the characters, fair enough. They think that. Other people may like them because they may find them different from characters in previous FF's.

People can also debate opinions, but in the end, no opinions can be called wrong..because..frankly, wrongness does not exist in opinions..?

you doesn`t have to say it that directly.. that's all. You should be capable of say your opinion and convince others without saying the situation stuff that directly.

In my opinion, I don't think it's in decline. I think it is changing, and people don't like it so much because they prefer the older games and not the most recent ones because the recent ones are different. FFXIII looks even MORE different than XII.

That's what I think anyway, not saying I'm right. Personally I like the newer FF's just as much as the older ones. But that's me ^_^

In my opinion, I don't think it's in decline. I think it is changing, and people don't like it so much because they prefer the older games and not the most recent ones because the recent ones are different. FFXIII looks even MORE different than XII.

That's what I think anyway, not saying I'm right. Personally I like the newer FF's just as much as the older ones. But that's me ^_^

in fact, if we talk about different, we just have to see ff VIII - X (X-2) and that's all. I think ff XII is very similar to ff tactics wich keeps the knighty-honor style and stuff.

That's because the world of FFXII is related to Tactics..and somewhat to TA ;)

Actually, it was the better idea to go back into the ways of Final
Fantasy Tactics. The game is a very nice addition to the FF series.
Especially with all of the races from FFTA. The music was different
and the Boss Battle music was perfect beyond anything. Success
is what I call it.

So I could go ahead and say that your opinion is wrong also? Opinions - there are no wrong/right to them.

If someone dislikes FFXII because of the characters, fair enough. They think that. Other people may like them because they may find them different from characters in previous FF's.

People can also debate opinions, but in the end, no opinions can be called wrong..because..frankly, wrongness does not exist in opinions..?
i agree, cant keep trying to prove that one opinion is wrong and the other is right...

thats absolutly right but that was my point

I like the new changes, although I think the chain count is just an easy way to make players kill lots of enemies so they spend longer playing the game.

Personally I want to be able to play a Final Fantasy game where you actually use your skills and reflexes in battle. Like Vagrant Story battles but obviously in a Final Fantasy style.

Second I'd like to be able to actually control one of the airships. Imagine if you could actually fly one from the cockpit.

Third, I cannot stand the deadbeat story lines they keep rehashing. I am so sick of playing a empire vs empire epic battle. FFVII was a lot different, it was a group of people who came together to defeat Shinra an organisation. In my opinion it had a bit of scifi in it.

And I don't think Square-Enix have ever made a story line as good as FFVII or FFVIII. These two story lines were really in-depth and had a lot of twists. I think the difference is that in those two we actually got to 'know' the characters and experience their interactions with each other. Whereas most of the newer ones are a bunch of people that 'end up' together. Take Vaan for instance, all we know is he wants revenge on the empire because of his brothers death, and his parents are dead. Then all of a sudden the entire group agrees to try and unite Dalmasca and the Empire in peace.

Another good feature would be largescale storyline based battles. Has anyone ever played Suikoden? Something similar where you actually fight in a 'war' agains the enemy.

Just a few of my thoughts.

Last edited:
The characters in more recent games just don't meet up. X and XII's all have good reasons near enough to be working together.

Back