Final Fantasy VII Remake

well to think of this of a remake will be a great idea and plus its good to bring back ff7 cause it will bring more fans and the other half of it people were sayin they didnt understand the ff7advt movie and i told them play the game first, but they said they wanted better graphics...... so from here im really looking forward to the remake of final fantasy 7

well to think of this of a remake will be a great idea and plus its good to bring back ff7 cause it will bring more fans and the other half of it people were sayin they didnt understand the ff7advt movie and i told them play the game first, but they said they wanted better graphics...... so from here im really looking forward to the remake of final fantasy 7
Why the hell would someone watch AC and not play the game? and allow a minor thing like graphics get in the way?

I only do because I want the new powerful consoles to do FFVII justice. People that tend not to like the game usually say, 'oh the graphics look crap. What are they, lego?' And I want this to stop!
Square Enix could indeed potentially change some important qualities but surely they would know what worked for the game and keep it?

It's just hard not to be tempted by FFVII with potentially the graphics of Advent Children o.0 I'm sure they could do that...please!

While it would be nice to see this game with better graphics, would there be a point in a remake? It would have the same story, the same characters, the same battle system... Don't we really want something new? A new adventure, so to speak. Square's time would be far better spent making something new as opposed to re-making the slightly over-rated game that began the hype.

Also, it's a classic game! Surely it would be better preserved in its original form. Otherwise you lose the nostalgia when you think of it. :P

Come on guys, put some damn effort into your posts.

Im not sure if I want a remake. I do like the old version and AC. But the FF7 cow has been milked beyond milking lol. Would I buy it? Damn right I would. Then again, I shudder at the thought of new fan boys.

I would really love to see a remake of this game. FFVII is my favorite out of all the Final Fantasy's and we just have to face the fact that FFVII isn't going to last forever for the PS1. I mean I'm already on my 3rd FFVII game because it's went through so much, and it doesn't work in my PS2 anymore and I can only play it on my PS1 but how long will that last?

I wouldn't like to see anything changed except for the graphics. I want the plot the same, the dialog the same, the attack names and music and everything the same, I just want to see better graphics. I mean lets be real folks, I bet all you FFVII lovers would love to play a remake if everything down to the last word was the same as long as there were better graphics. I mean unless you like the graphics for the PS1 version, but really a remake for the PS3 with only better graphics.

There are a few good points brought up here, and I would like to add my own two cents.

First off, YES I would like to see a remake. I, too, am concerned about what may happen to the storyline. However, because it is by far the biggest hit of the FF series, I highly doubt they would make any dramatic changes in the storyline.

The changes I think really should be made mostly apply to the gameplay, though a few do apply for the story as well. While the story is sound, there is simply far too much that isn't throughly explained in the game. For example, just how the heck does Cloud end up thinking he's Zack, exactly? We really don't know, and all we can do is make conjecture. Also, the part about what happened to Zack and Cloud after the incident in the reactor should be default in the story. It's simply a too important part of the story to leave optional and largely unknown.

But that's mostly it for storyline. :P Bet you were expecting more.

But as for the gameplay, many things can be improved.
For one, just what the hell do those strength/dex/life/luck etc. stats DO? Sure, we know that luck probably increases your chances at stealing, and guard your life. But what does that odd strength and dex do? Exactly? What it really does, is something like this:

Aerith has a strength of 50. Midgar Zolom has a defense of 100. Let's say Aerith strikes Midgar Zolom for 100 points of damage. Because of it's defense, Midgar Zolom takes only 50 damage. (this is not EXACT calculation btw, just a rough estimate.) Certain percentages go in and values are added and subtracted. But where in the game does it tell you this? NOWHERE. NEVER HAVE I SEEN A GAME THAT GIVES THE USER SO LITTLE INFORMATION REGARDING THE ROLE & IMPORTANCE OF THE CHARACTERS STATS. These stats could be VITAL and are key in developing your chars for your greatest advantage. I know I never used any of those sources in the game. I simply had nothing to do with them. Thus, my chars were never actually developed! This should DEFINITELY be fixed.

Also, there should be an option to use a normal attack with a full limit bar. I'd get rid of Tifa's slot-machine thing on her limit breaks. (just WHY did they put that in there???? What purpose does it serve???) But I'd keep them linked all the same. :D

I'm sure there's other things I could think of to go along with these, but I'd REALLY like them to change how you catch chocobos. It's TOO DANG HARD TO CATCH THE GOOD ONES!! NOT THE 'GREAT' THE 'GOOD'! Countless hours spent literally running in circles looking for a great yellow bird with particular monsters! IT. SUCKED. LEMONS. end of story.

Anyways, another desireable thing would be, of course, the graphics and music redone. This would allow for much more emotion seen in the chars, and possibly be done away with very lame lines or scenes that just didn't play out as well as they would've with better graphics. The true shame lies in the fact that the music is AWESOME but the music in the game lacks all the luster. A remix of that would be sexy. :cool:

And ~SapphireStar~, I never thought I'd say it, but maybe we NEED those new fanyboys/fangirls. Look at how dead the forums are lately.

Ok...since my thread got closed I guess I'll post it here. I'm trying to expand a list of things that can be done to game play while keeping the original game completely intact. Here are some examples...

+Add a option in the config to shorten the duration of Summon Animation.
+Allow for Regular Attacks even while the limit meter is full, similar Final Fantasy X's overdrive system.
+Add difficulty options (Normal,Insane,Impossible!)
+Smoother transition from field to battle(Speed is key).
+Use the Ra/aga format for spells.
+Condense it to 1 disc.
+Condense the after battle exp/Gil gain to 1 screen.
+Clean up the Chocobo Racing.
+Faster load time for everything!
+Add extra menu at start up screen (player will load their file to unlock features)
-Bestiary (based on progress)
-Player vs Player battle arena *See below*
-Music and FMV's (based on progress)
-'maybe' a guide for treasure through the game (maybe similar to kingdom hearts but also based on progress)

*An option where two players may load their current teams to do battle. Certain features will be disabled(Items, Summons, Coin/Toss) and many things wont work (command features [manip, steal, etc], green magic [escape/remove/etc.]. You would also have to pass a certain point in the game to enable your team to fight.

As you can see these are some things that would kind of 'tidy' up the game, notice theres no 'Bring Aeries back' or generic 'fix graphics' comment. I might be playing through the game soon so I will have more ideas then. I know it seems like people have talked alot about a FF7 remake here, but I think this is an untapped area of discussion. Keep this in mind when responding -- How can the game be improved while still keeping it the same?

SE can do remake if every scene is and storyline is taken into remake.

I´m afraid that SE will please FFVII fanboys and leave classic scenes like Cloud dressing like a woman and Barret dating scene out because fanboys might be scared of transvetite Cloud. They shouldn´t change that scene, I don´t buy FF7 remake if it doesnt have transvetite Cloud.

If I were to answer this question a couple of years ago, I would have said no, let it be. But after seeing the FFVII opening sequence remastered for the PS3, I wouldn't mind seeing this game being completely redone, but only the graphic as well as added voice-overs.... Maybe added sidequests or a few extra locations on the world map, but nothing else. So long as they left the original story and characters alone.

Basically, If Square-Enix can manage all that and not F*** it up... I'm all for it.

i think that if they make a remake it will improve the game on a whole but the story will be the same so relli your buying the game again but for a differnt conslole so ppl may think oh i played this allready even if its been redone its still the same.
it would eb better to make a story after what happed on ff7 like advent child but for a console

I wouldn't mind playing it if they made a new one. It'd be interesting to see what the game experience would be like with newer graphics. I'd only be worried if they didn't use the same voice actors from AC. I guess I'm used to hearing them sound like that, even in Dirge they have the same voice actors. I just know that if they do remake this game, so many people are going to go crazy over it. It'd be nice to know that they wouldn't try to mess anything up from the original though.

I don't think Square would be stupid enough to make radical changes based on the success of the game.

does it really matter either way?
my PS1 still lives and I'm sure because I don't treat it like crap it'll live for many more years.

I don't think Square would be stupid enough to make radical changes based on the success of the game.

Uhhh I beg to differ. Square Soft wouldn't do changes, but Square Enix will. The game isn't owned by Sakaguchi anymore. New developers can do whatever the hell they want with Final Fantasy VII, and they already have.

They already added two major characters to the Final Fantasy VII story, Genesis and Angeal. Not to mention all of the minor characters Square Enix has already added to the Final Fantasy VII plot.

I wouldn't say Square Enix will drastically change the entire plot of FFVII. I'm sure that SE will add references and characters mentioning Genesis, Angeals, and possibly other characters that were in Crisis Core.

Back