Final Fantasy VII Remake

I don't see a reason for one. If they want to make a sequal, that's fine. But otherwise, no remakes, please. Leave the original e.

If they do remake it (which I really hope they do), it will probably send down the resale value of the original.......... what do you think?

graphics aint nothing in my opinion but it would be nice to see it remastered with slightly better graphics for the magic and the summons n stuff but other than that i think they should leave the rest. I would prefer it to come out on the psp since the psp owns (and u can get it for free if u dl it)

The problem with a remake, though, is that they wouldn't just leave it alone. We'd have new, better graphics, but also probably an entirely different fighting system, and plot points that would tie it into AC (ugh).

I say leave it alone, because they would change too much.

Square Enix talks FFVII remake, new PS3 project?

Recently Japanese gaming publication Famitsu sat down with executive producer Yoshinori Kitase, producer Hideki Imaizumi, director Hajime Tabata, and character designer Tetsuya Nomura to discuss Crisis Core and future Square Enix properties. They revealed that Crisis Core alsmost fills up a whole UMD and then went on to discuss the issue of a FFVII remake. They noted that a new game of some type will be announced at this years Tokyo Game Show, it is not sure whether this title is in the series or something completely new - either way it smells good!

PSUniverse said:
After stating how intense Crisis Core is, and how it fills up almost an entire UMD-rom, Nomura and Kitsae were questioned on upcoming games. Aside from Crisis Core, Famitsu editors asked about new developments in the Compilation series, before stating the obvious---fans want a FFVII remake.

Imaizumi said that the remake of FFVII is a question of timing, mentioning that Kitase, Nomura and Tabata are all busy with the Final Fantasy XIII series. He added that a new game of some form would be announced at the Tokyo Game Show. It's not certain if this new game is in the FFXIII series or a completely new title from Kitase, Nomura and Tabata--but PlayStation 3 owners should be very excited.

No--this isn't Kingdom Hearts III, which was already touted to be unveiled for the PlayStation 3 console at TGS.

Imaizumi confirmed again that there is currently no plans for a FFVII remake but noted that this decision could take place very quickly, and mentioned how the decision to make Crisis Core took only two days. So, have no fret PS3 owners!

Omg, liars. It's not a matter of time, it's obviously a matter of how little work they have to do to still keep fanboys beating-off to Square. (See, Advent Children)

If they don't announce a FFVII Remake, and instead announce yet ANOTHER FFVII spinoff i'll die a little on the inside. For then FFVII will be well and truly whored out.

I do hope it's an FFVII remake announcemount, or a FFXIII game, if not a whole new RPG ^_^

a FFVII remake would be golden, and another spinoff would be something like rusty metal.

im a huge fan of the FFVII franchise, i love it to death i promise...but if they keep milking it its gonna run dry.

Obviously it would be great if they made a straight remake. But we all know that they're gonna change things. And that, my friends, is where it sucks.

Agreed, agreed, agreed. FFVII used to be my favorite FF title, but in lieu of recent whorism of the FFVII "franchise", I just lost interest. Somewhere along the line, I got sick of seeing the same subject popping up over and over again.

I personally think they should effin' absolutely remake this game. it was kinda sad before since the PS only had limited capacity but if they recreate this on PS3 it'd be so powerful ever. just by adding some incredible scenes but not straying from the original. enough w/ FF7 spin offs please SE. it's so ironic that this is goddamn popular game and yet they have hesitations in remaking it.

Last edited:
Crisis Core only took them 2 days to decide on it? >_<

I don't want them to remake it...I love the original.They might ruin FFVII if they remake it.Plus,they already made too much FFVII titles.I hope they don't remake it.I'm sorry to everyone who wants a remake,but I seriously don't want to see one.

I'm surprised it took them that long to say "hay lets m4ke n other gimmick game 4 monies lawl!" Agreed on the VII remake, too...

Obviously it would be great if they made a straight remake. But we all know that they're gonna change things. And that, my friends, is where it sucks.

Same point, again I agree. A remake of VII would be fantastic if it was a straight remake, but that's wont happen. As we saw in AC, Nomura completely ignores VII canon and he'd just try to turn the remake into another anime fest. If Sakaguchi and the rest of the team somehow miraculously led the project though, I would be all for it, but that's not happening T_T

Crisis Core only took them 2 days to decide on it? >_<

I don't want them to remake it...I love the original.They might ruin FFVII if they remake it.Plus,they already made too much FFVII titles.I hope they don't remake it.I'm sorry to everyone who wants a remake,but I seriously don't want to see one.
This is still squaresoft were talking (just caused they joined with enix don't mean ****) about here, their ones who made FFVII, I think they could remake without screwing up. Any other company would probably ruin FFVII if they tried to remake it,though.

This is still squaresoft were talking (just caused they joined with enix don't mean ****) about here, their ones who made FFVII, I think they could remake without screwing up. Any other company would probably ruin FFVII if they tried to remake it,though.

No it isn't SquareSoft. Many of the original Square employees are gone, including Sakaguchi who had a big hand in all the FFs. There's some artists and musicians still around, but the really big people are gone. Nomura never designed games, only tacky, horrid character designs, and how he's trying to step outside his realm and is making a debacle of it.

No it isn't SquareSoft. Many of the original Square employees are gone, including Sakaguchi who had a big hand in all the FFs. There's some artists and musicians still around, but the really big people are gone. Nomura never designed games, only tacky, horrid character designs, and how he's trying to step outside his realm and is making a debacle of it.
What happened to the orginal employees anyway? I"m sure that they probably left after FFVII since that when the series started sucking according to most people anyway

Im on the fence with this one. A remake would be nice, but I cant help but think new fanboys would forget the original and just bang on about the new Final Fantasy 7. Most people did that with AC, some werent even aware there was a Final Fantasy 7 game!

There's a few things they could improve on with a remake of this game. The graphics is the obvious thing. As seen in the PS3 promotional trailer showing how FFVII WOULD look on PS3, the graphics will probably be pretty damn awesome. Another thing they should improve on are parts of the dialogue. There's some quite bad grammar in the game.

I shouldn't imagine Square will tear the game to shreds with a remake. And besides, the graphics alone should be reason enough for a remake. I mean, as much as I love the game, I find it hard to adjust when I've been playing the likes of FFX-XII, which have way better graphics. And, it would be good for the people who have only recently got into FF, most wouldn't wanna play a game with shitty looking graphics after playing FFX, X-2 and XII.

Well then that's too bad for them,right? They'll be missing out on a really good game. ^_^

Also,I don't think FFVII has...um,graphics THAT bad.Maybe it's because I don't care for graphics that much...?

I agree. I used to totally have my head up my ass about 8bit and 16bit games, but when I actually played the Final Fantasy games of that era, as well as Chrono Trigger and Earthbound, I totally changed my mind about the importance of orgasmic graphics - sure, it helps a game, but it isn't necessary.

And I know it's a selfish thought, but I'd rather not have the FFVII community be falsely engorged with fanboys who only bought it for the orgasmic graphics, rather than the actual content.

Back