GBA version, PS version, NES version, or PSP version?

I attempted to beat Chaos in the PSP version, but failed. My class was the same as the NES version's default class (Warrior, Thief, Monk, Red Mage). I did not cast any of the Nul spells. My PSP lacked a Memory Stick Duo, which is needed to save the game. The PSP allows you start where you left off after turning on and off, even when you never saved the game. When I met Chaos on the PSP version, I realized that it was a mistake, because without the Memory Stick Duo, a Game Over will take me back to the beginning of the game.

Last edited:
sry i didnt read this sooner lol i did exactly what u did and bought my psp for crisis core ,and ive gotten both of these games. i'd recommend the second one over the first one because its actually got real characters, and in the 1st one, u make up ur own characters. its also more entertaining than the 1st one in my opinion. the only drawback is that the characters dont level up, and instead you have to do certain things in battle to increase their mp, hp, ect. the 1st one u level up in, so whichever one u prefer better. there both good games, but if ur gonna spend 29.99, id use it on the 2nd. if ur finished with it before cc comes out, then u mite want to consider goin and gettin the 1st. i hope i helped!! :monster:
Thanks for the advice lightningstorm13, and thanks for letting me know about the post!:D

I think I'll probably try II first, then get I whilst I wait for Crisis Core. I went to but one of them on Monday but they were sold out so I ended up buying Tactics War Of The Lions instead>_<

But I'm glad that I and II are available for the PSP because I never played the originals and I don't have a GBA. Again, thanks for the advice!

Thanks for the advice lightningstorm13, and thanks for letting me know about the post!:D

I think I'll probably try II first, then get I whilst I wait for Crisis Core. I went to but one of them on Monday but they were sold out so I ended up buying Tactics War Of The Lions instead>_<

But I'm glad that I and II are available for the PSP because I never played the originals and I don't have a GBA. Again, thanks for the advice!

ur welcome! glad i could help :D yea im the same way, i dont have a gba so im glad i can play some of the older games on the psp. btw do u like tactics? ive been debating about whether to get it next or not...

to tedius:
that sucks! if i got that far and lost my game id b really mad! my party waz made up of a white mage, knight, monk, and a red mage. i wish i had gotten a black mage instead tho. garlands a pain in the but at the level im at rite now

I intend on buying Final Fantasy Tactics: War of the Lions, the remake of the original Final Fantasy Tactics, which I did not play. I did play Final Fantasy Tactics Advance.

I was at level 63 when I met Chaos. I used a Warrior, Thief, Monk, and Red Mage.

The PSP version is already released in the United States, where I lived. It is not yet released in Europe.

Tbh I haven't started it yet, got distracted by being busy and my mum starting FFVII again (I swear she does it on purpose:mad:)

But I've heard a mixed bunch of opinions on it, some say it's awful and some say it's great. I'll make a thread on it in the right section when I do get started^_^

I honestly can't play the NES version anymore. Usually graphics do not bother me but after playing the updated 16 bit version for the GBA, the NES now just look like blobs. And there's something about the way the characters move that makes me very impatient.

So I would have to saw the GBA version.

I could not bear to play the NES version of Final Fantasy I or II anymore either since I have been playing the PSP version. Chip music bothers me. The GBA version also has poor sound quality, but it is better than the NES version. I am glad the Square Enix musicians remixed the soundtrack for the Sony versions. The PSP version features high-resolution graphics and aerial effects, like the cloud effects.

*Ive played Final Fantasy 1 on SNES,PS1 and PC.whatever platform they revive it on im sure iL enjoy it!cause i just love the adventure!

*i wanna play it on PSP,i wanna see the 3d versions on the game,itl be a whole new expirience and iL start playinbg it like an addict again! :D

Final Fantasy I appeared on the NES, MSX, Wonderswan Color, PSOne, cellular phone, GBA, and PSP. Final Fantasy II appeared on those platforms except MSX. I think there should be a donwloadable high-definition 2D version game on PlayStation Network, being similar to the PSP version but at 1080p resolution, and a broader viewing angle, and that way having more detailed graphics as well as broader view, seeing more of the battle background image. With a downloadable 2D HD remake, it would be available for download forever and keep 2D gaming alive.

Sadly though, you can't save whenever you want in the PSP version...
Actually, you can save whenever you want in the PSP version, but not the PSOne version. In the original and PSOne versions, you can save only through Inns or using a Tent or Cottage in the world map. In the GBA and PSP versions, you can save anytime and anywhere, including dungeons, without using an Inn, Tent, or Cottage. In the original version, you cannot use Gold Needle (or "Soft") in battle. Some spells that are in Final Fantasy I do not work at all in the original version.

Last edited:
I like the DoS version for the GBA just because its the same two games that i love that started a brilliant series and they both have added stuff to keep me entertained^^

i would definently have to go with the GBA version...

The PSP and the PSX versions are identicle... the GBA version is practically the same, except it doesn't ahve the FMV intro... the NES version is rather terrible graphicswise, but it notable for being they original set up, and thus its nice to play. I've owned all 4 versions, and truth be told, the PSX version was the most enjoyable... why? Because it was the remade version on my TV rather than a handheld... really... thats the only reason its better... plus... it coems with FFII, as well... like Dawn of Souls for the GBA, but with FMVs for both games (like the PSP ones, which were really jsut ports of the two halves of the PSX Origins release). :D

61C2B9A8G6L._AA280_.jpg

ive played every version of this game for the major consols just bought the psp version and heres what i think .....

nes-worth it for being the original and starting it all
gba-not worth it graphics poor sound poor gameplay almost identicle to the snes, however it is two games and the first portable version of ff 1
Ps1-ok cuz you get 2 games and decent quality
psp-worth it new dungeons awsem graphics and portable

so if you never played the original the best version for you would be for the psp if you played the original youll love it anyway!

PS. i beat garland at lv 5

Last edited:
*cough* The original wasn't an SNES game, it was an NES game.
And here's what the original looked like. *now this is old school*

final-fantasy-1.png

I prefer NES-version. It is the original and it is a real challenge. GBA and PSP versions have only one thing and it is bonus dungeons. NES-Graphics fit better for first Final Fantasy than PSP and GBA. NES-graphics creates great atmosphere.

For FFII i prefer GBA or PSP version because FFII has more story than FFI and in NES-version story telling is pretty crappy.

I'd rather play it handheld, and I bought it on the GBA years ago. There's no way I'll buy it again for the PSP. I don't even like FFI that much. =/ I might consider buying FFII for PSP but not at its full price, and I'd have to find a pretty good reason since I pretty much finished FFII.

I saw it in the shop the other day for the PSP :monster:

The thought did cross my mind to buy it ....then I proceeded to bitch slap myself because I don't need it...I think i just like to hoard things -_-

Back