Greatest Fighting Series

The greatest fighting series of all....?

• Street Fighter

Votes: 9 20.9%
  • Mortal Kombat

Votes: 2 4.7%
  • Virtua Fighter

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • King Of Fighters

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Tekken

Votes: 11 25.6%
  • Soul Blade / Soul Calibur

Votes: 13 30.2%
  • Other ( Specify! )

Votes: 6 14.0%

• Total voters
Soul Calibur by far
Tekken was awesome back in the day (especially Tekken 3) but Soul Calibur, with the cool variety of weapons, styles and people is the best IMO.
And Number 4 is gonna be out soon... so excited!
Actually, I liked Bloody Roar as well, the whole transform into an animal thing was cool...

Street fighter. I still love the old SFII; can think about other game that hook me as that game did it.

Smash Bros count as a fighting game?? =P Just to know ^^

Smash Bros is a fighter although there are those moan that it's not. Usually rubbish like it's not hardcore for them of something.

I'd argue that it's not a fighter, but that's not to say I won't play it. Generally I think of fighting games as having a 1v1 or 2v2 set up, are itemless, and have someone ko'd when they take so much damage. Other games such as Smash BRos., Bleach: Blade Battlers, Kung-fu Chaos, Power Stone etc. certainly have strong fighting elements to them, but some of us are just picky bastards.

For the purpose of the poll I don't really mind, Smash Bros would most likely have trounced everything on the list had I put it up.

Hmm... this is a toughy for me. Its either between Soul Calibour or Mortal Kombat but id have to go with Mortal Kombat. I love the unique characters and all the cool moves you can do with them. In the newer game, i love how you have to swing the wii controller around to use special moves. And overall, its a classic, and its always been one of my favourite games growing up. I still remember playing it on the arcade at the mall. Such great memories xD

I could honestly never get into Soul Calibur. The characters never really attracted me and it's just...meh. I dunno. haha.

I got into Soul Calabour, loved it until i got near the end of it and had alot of trouble so I think i ended up getting a new game so i stopped playing it. I alsoo lost the disk somewhere in my house so i havent finished it yet. I loved that you could get weapons and have team battles with like you having 10 characters against an opponents 10 characters. Lots of fun.

As much as I loved Streeet Fighter Il have to go with Tekken seeing as I played it a whole lot more. Not played the others apart from Mortal Kombat sooo Im going with Tekken

Altho I only played that up to number 3 and it seemed a bit too easy but meh

I loved that you could get weapons and have team battles with like you having 10 characters against an opponents 10 characters
Unfortunately for Soul Calibur, Team Battles have been present in fighting games for yonks, at least since SFII Champions' Edition ( possibly before that ). Team Battles are fun though, not used nearly enough by the people I know.

I love MARVEL VS CAPCOM its a classic
Hell yeah! For the first one at least. Good, broken fun.

How could Super Smash Bros not be considered a fighting game? It may have a different style, but it's still a fighting game.

Smash Bros is definitely my favorite fighting series. Next would probably be Mortal Kombat...only because I enjoy performing the fatalities.

I think Tekken Tag was the best "Team" game. You could play with 4 players and switch in and out.

Ohhh, the good days.

Street Fighter is one of the best.
Mortal Kombat is Awsome but if they keep removing the best finishing moves I dont think people will like it anymore

Mortal Kombat used to be one of my all time favorite games, I loved the series up to MK4, then I completely lost interest interest in it when deadly alliance came out. Currently my favorite fighting game is Tekken, closely followed by Dragonball Z Budokai 2 & 3, (can't stand Budokai Tenkaichi though )

I love Mortal Kombat and Tekken. I'm torn between them :(

Nina + Kitana, Hworang and Scorpion << My favourites from each. They both rock so much ... and I can't decide >_<

How could Super Smash Bros not be considered a fighting game? It may have a different style, but it's still a fighting game.

Smash Bros is definitely my favorite fighting series. Next would probably be Mortal Kombat...only because I enjoy performing the fatalities.

Don't worry. Smash is actually considered as a fighter. However, the term "fighter" would generally refer to games that strictly go with 2 players in one stage duking it out. I do enjoy Super Smash very much, but I really hate the tier advantages in that game. Oh well, there's always Brawl. ^^

SoulCalibur is the BEST! :P
No really, I love it. I don't even know why, usually I hate FIghting Games...

I've played a few different fighting games and Soul Calibur is my favorite.

Tekken is a good game excellent storyline but the combos are nothing special and it's far too slow I think.

Mortal Kombat has the speed but it has the worst combos out of any fighting game I have played.

Soul Calibur you may point out is not that great for combos either but the style of gameplay means it doesn't matter so much compared to the others. Plus it's gameplay is the most fluid and realistic speed wise. Plus I just love it's characters and the amazing graphics of each.

SoulCalibur is the BEST! :P

Damn fcuking right, never have I seen such fluid battling awesomeness as in Soul Cal III.(Guard Impact craziness!) I still remember the many days of practise honing my skills of controlling the freak known as Voldo. Now I just have to wait for 4 on PS3... dammit

Back