Crisis Core Is Crisis Core worth getting?

well at the first time i was dying to get crisis core ..i even bought a new psp (cuz my pink psp dont fit it...silly i know) i start playing it in the mall egnoring my friend ...and later on i got bored...its not exciting but it is worth getting...
i mean beating crisis core made me realize that tears do exsists...and i found out feelings are not just a legend ^_^ so it worth it

I realy enjoyed it, it's definately worth getting. The battle system s**ts all over that of DoC. There are too many missions for my liking and maybe the main game was a little short but it was still really good, I'm on my second play through, trying to get 100% or as close top as I can be vothered.

It's certainly keptme entertained while I have been ofline anyway. The graphics are really good, alot better than I was expecting nyway. It's a must buy for anyone with a PSP anyway. I loved the story, even though I thought the addition of Genesis and Angeal was a bit shit, but meh, I suppose they had to pad it out somehow >_<

I'd much rather play it on the PS2. From what I've heard, it's one hell of a long game and I'd enjoy it much more, if I wasn't hunched over my PSP for hours! Plus my PSP isn't working so yeah......

Yes I have the game and it is so worth getting. But I have to agree with everyone else the leveling system is rather annoying and the fights seem like your doing the same thing everytime, BUT the story is awesome and it's just a really cool game. I definately say worth getting if you have a PSP and the money.

Criticism and Recommendations

I'm looking for criticism and recommendations. I'm thinking about purchasing this game of course if it has Final Fantasy in the title bet that I'll own it, but my current dilemma is that I don't own a PSP. So with that in mind I'm needing some feedback. Is the game all that it's cracked up to be?

Last edited by a moderator:
After playing the game, I think it's worth getting a PSP for. The new battle system is an interesting change from the original turn-based system, the story is great, it has excellent graphics, you get many many hours of gameplay, etc, etc. The only criticism I have is that the missions can get kind of repetitive, but it's worth getting through them to get some cool items. In my opinion, it's the best game out on PSP so far. Also, Final Fantasy Dissidia is going to be released on PSP as well, and other PSP games like God of War Chains of Olympus and Patapon make the console a worthwhile investment I think.

It's really worth buying, It has a cool battlesystem, the way of leveling up is also nice and it has a great storyline.

The only downside is that, normal mode is to easy and hard mode to hard:confused:

I haven't played VII, but I have Crisis Core and enjoy it very much. I've seen Advent Children too. I know the main gist of VII's story, though.

Crisis Core is definitely worth getting! It has an interesting main story, a fun battle system, and it's awesome being able to finally discover Zacks story.

And the ending is one of the best video game endings I've seen for ages, seriously, it was fantastic.

I got a psp today to play it on and I am hooked! I just love the story and the bit where
Ifrit's hellfire becomes a cutscene
was just amazing, I haven't got that far yet but I think this game was worth buying a psp for ^_^

Last edited:
I don't think it was as good as all you guys say it is, i didn't like the leveling system, i used to enjoy leveling up my characters and the story was pretty cool I guess.
And yes make sure you play FFVII first!!! :eek:uttahere:

Yeah, i'm basically agreeing with the other people here, this game was awesome, but make sure you play FFVII first..unless you want to play the games in order of the timeline.

Contrary to what others might think, I'm going to recommend playing this before VII, actually. While you'd lose the excitement I had from recognising locations, you wont be able to compare it to the original game until much later - I was slightly disappointed with the scenes in Nibelheim and the ending [but I'll get into that later, I'll be posting elsewhere, soon].

The graphics are top-notch, I've never seen better graphics in a game. There's a ridiculous number of side-quests and mini-games, if you don't want to pursue the story straight away. The DMW is an excellent addition to the battle screen.

The story ... phwoar. I'll keep my review on it for the appropriate thread but, to quickly summarise, I'd recommend buying this as soon as possible.

yea i recommend getting it D: it was my first psp game and i found my self to be absorbed with that game :)

Since members will start asking... I have made a thread where you can view people's opinions weather or not to buy Crisis Core.

Please post your responses here! Also try to not spoil anything and please do not spam. ;D

hell yeaaaaaaah buy the game i've played it my self it's damn great

more than great

Oh Dave, I was dissapointed with the Nibelheim scene, but you get quitye a couple of nifty scenes for Cloud & Sephiroth on the DMW if you are going for 100% DMW gallery, although it is painful trying to go through all 300 missions, so unless you're really determined and have the patience of a saint...or pig headed persistence, I wouldn't recommend doing them all. It is like torture >_>

well yeah its worth buying Crisis Core, you get to know the story before the actual Final Fantasy VII and also you will know why Cloud keeps coming back at a sword in Final Fantasy: Advent Children. The gameplay is great to :P

I played VII so it was definitely worth getting for me. Although I do have a bone to pick with the leveling system. *shakes fist at it*

Last edited:
I enjoyed the story, gameplay, and the characters throughout FFVII: Crisis Core. The voice-overs were great, as were the graphics, and the ending not only was satisfying for the game itself, but gave you a much bigger appreciation for the few scenes with Zack in FFVII. Zack's story alone, not considering FFVII, was interesting and meaningful, and it gave a lot more significance to such things as Cloud's determination, and his buster sword in FFVII.

I'm really really tempted to get it but there's one minor problem....i don't own a psp so if i do get it it'll mean me forking out 120+ pounds to get it:/

Now is that worth it?

Considering thats two weeks wages for me.

Back