Jechts Potential

Wiegraf

White Knight
Gil
I have almost mastered his combos. I can almost always do the Ult Jecht shot one and the air Jecht Blade I can usually pull off. I have done the triumphant grasp one and know how to but usually don't press [] at the right time.

What I really want to know though is if once I master his combos he will be very difficult for my friend to fight. He hated FFX so I decided to get best with one from that game to annoy him, even though I have never played it (or any FF game really, I've beaten IV and started VI and V but thats it, what order should I play them anyway?)

So, if I get insanely good with Jecht, will he be powerful enough to spite my friend when he gets this?

Personally, I despise FFX. So yes, the best way to troll your friend would be by using an FFX character. However, I would take it to the next level and use Tidus. (Trust me, he hates Tidus more if he really hates it.)

However, keep in mind that it doesn't matter how good you get, the other person can always get better. So keep practicing, and if you think that you've perfected your technique, then think about how you could improve perfection.

well for me.. Jecht is even more powerful if you have mastered blocking.. why?.
after blocking, you have a limited time but its enough to fully charge his combo to its fullest.. equipping riposte ability will make the combo even deadlier...

It depends

What sort of format are you using, are you allowing accessories, equipment and summons, and if so how many?

I've mastered his combos pretty much: well except for the ones that lead from ground to a normal aerial attack but if I'm on the ground I'll just use the Ult Jecht shot awesomness combo and if im in the air i'll probably just use the cool Jecht Blade combo.

I'm using Excalibur II and EXP to HP

Accessories
Champion Belt
Muscle Belt
Muscle Belt
Gaia Ring
Hyper Ring
Hyper Ring

I use Kraken or Magic Pot
Boosters which I cant remember and Adamant Set
And I have all his exclusives
Is this the best setup?
Its working for me now because I just beat Inward Chaos with only 2 retries and Time Attack in 9:00

Perhaps add the chocobo set as well as beckoning cat. If I stay above jecht, he can't hit me. Why kraken or magic pot? Why not something cool like omega? I'd opt EXP to BRV.

I agree if your trying to annoy your friend who hates ffx use Tidus i loved ffx and still managed to despise Tidus lol plus he is easier to use in my opinion

I've mastered his combos pretty much: well except for the ones that lead from ground to a normal aerial attack but if I'm on the ground I'll just use the Ult Jecht shot awesomness combo and if im in the air i'll probably just use the cool Jecht Blade combo.

I'm using Excalibur II and EXP to HP

Accessories
Champion Belt
Muscle Belt
Muscle Belt
Gaia Ring
Hyper Ring
Hyper Ring

I use Kraken or Magic Pot
Boosters which I cant remember and Adamant Set
And I have all his exclusives
Is this the best setup?
Its working for me now because I just beat Inward Chaos with only 2 retries and Time Attack in 9:00

It's better to use Attack boosting accessories (Red Gem, Miracle Shoes, etc.) if you want to maximize Jecht. Physical damage modifiers will have a minimal effect on the high level/high defense enemies. To counter that, you need higher Attack. That's why...

I equipped the Earthbreaker (Level 99+ Axe) that gives more Attack and 30% Wall Rush HP Damage (if you play Jecht, you'll know this to be very useful).

For Accessories, the non-Attack ones are...well... just one... the No Chance effect special accessory. I have Red Gem, 3 Red Drops, Miracle Shoes, Strength Orb and Strength Crystals.

Riposte is your best friend. Try to learn successful blocking and blast opponents with a full combo of critical hits. But of course, end the combos with their corresponding HP attack. My favorite is the Aerial Combo -> Triumphant Grasp.

how so you manage to fight with jecht?
it is realy hard for me to play with him. i cant manage to hit with his combos. and how do i do his spinning combo with the "Jecht Blade" in the end?

Jecht can potentially be one of the most damaging characters in the game, but becomes extremely difficult to play, especially online with lag

The biggest problem though is actually hitting with his combo starter which is very predictable

Why not give it the lv100 exclusive? His combos are powerful but hard to get a hit. I don't think it is necessary to have so many attack boosters though. With enough acc. multipliers, the damage will do better.

I do have Sins Fang but Excalibur II plus Sword Adept is my optimal choice ever since I got the growth egg. I was down to 1 HP at Blackjack Course and Hit him once and got 5 health bars back. All of my characters are at least level 94 (everyone is level 100 except for Ultimecia-94, and another person at 96 who I cant remember.

I really really suck at using boosters. I really want an awesome Iai strike build but usually I just stick with special and basic accs. I would really like advice on an Iai strike/ booster build for Jecht.

how on earth do i get Excalibur II? i think thats the best weapon ingame.
imagine its power when you have a perfect bravery build fighter... its like wow!

It took me a while but all you really have to do is:
1) Unlock the Steiner friend card, the code is on gamefaqs
2) I use Bartz because he can equip both Theif things
3) Make sure its your bonus day
5) Equip luck boosting accessories

CWCHEAT way
1) Use the code that makes item drop rate 99.99%

Use EXP to BRV then after 1 hit, you BRV will go BANG! I don't get how to pull of his ultra long comos. What do you have to do with that timing?

I want to know how you do certain things with Jecht's BRV attacks. I've noticed that AI's can do different things for Jecht's BRV combos, like finishing it off with an immediate Jecht Blade. And sometimes it makes it so he hits you and you go flying up/down. How the hell do you manage to do it? o_O

Jecht is by far my best character and I've practiced with him for weeks on end. His combos are very hard but the AI is not using different things to follow up with HP attacks. He is very hard to master but is well worth it. If you are interested in playing good with Jecht then I suggest you find vids on utube.

1) You will learn how to do one 3x completed brave attack
2) You will learn how to follow it with HP sometimes
3) Occassionally pull others off
4) Eventually you will be able to do all of them.

Yes. It is something which I believe is called "Just Frame" I have almost finished uploading my first Youtube vid ever which is a Jecht vid. I never really mess up his combos anymore because it takes practice. I have seen many very helpful guides on the internet if you're interested.

Would it be a reasonable/helpful thought to save a Battle Replay with Jecht, and play it very slowly to try and pin-point the precise time to attempt a [] attack for the combo? Or does that sound kinda stupid?

Back