Killing Beatrix

i think that's part of what made me mad about it, she didn't even kill all of them, just took them to one HP. i mean im sitting on the floor bleeding my guts out but you wont let me die. masochist much?

I killed her solely for the reason I wanted Steiner to gain all the exp hah (during the part you team up to defend Alexandria)

I killed her solely for the reason I wanted Steiner to gain all the exp hah (during the part you team up to defend Alexandria)

Hey, if you can manage, that's a great idea. Those enemies gave a lot of EXP if I remember correctly. Mistodons, I think they're called.

I found this thread funny because while I always did this to Seifer in FFVIII ("Listen up!" "The finishing blow determines the EXP. Save it for me!" Yeah, sure thing Seifer..SLICEBOOM!) I don't think I ever had the same feelings toward Beatrix. I guess I always found her an attractive character, even as an enemy. She was honourable and gallant, I found her respectable.
And her fighting skills are just amazing. It's a shame you can't have her in your party for the rest of the game.

Not too smart in my opinion. She has some very epic attacks to kill most enemies in one blow. Killing her just makes it harder to fight with Freya by herself.

Not too smart in my opinion. She has some very epic attacks to kill most enemies in one blow. Killing her just makes it harder to fight with Freya by herself.
My Freya at this point in the game was able to handle herself against the poodles with little difficulty. If it does become a hard fight, the satisfaction of giving Beatrix her deserved deathblow far outweighs the handicap.

I was stupid by that point. I only trained until then; Steiner, Vivi, Zidane, and Garnet. I can't play back through and do this better though because my stupid game has a huge scratch in it and every time I enter that town with the sandstorm around it it freezes up at the summit.

yikes. i am sorry for you mate. see if you can get that repaired somewhere, or buy a new/used copy. killing beatrix is something every proud jRPG gamer should have access to when they need to let off some steam.

It's not so much as a huge scratch as a kind of long one. I would buy a new copy but I'm saving up for games like; 4, 6, 7, 8. Pretty much all I can play and find affordable. On top of that dissidia, and the two Kingdom Hearts games, Birth by Sleep and 358/2 days. I guess I could go to Game Crazy or something for like a buck for a de-scratching, but my mom is too stubborn to drive me there for just that.>_<

I never killed her when she was available to control. I was too blown away by her badassness to let that happen. I was always looking forward and hoping to be able to control her, so I took advantage of it when I was able to.

Poor Beatrix :(

I personally, when I went through the game the first time, thought (and still think) she was the coolest character of the entire game, so I made damn sure I kept her alive. I kinda wish she was able to be chosen as a character, she is just awesome.

That's exactly what I think! She has some epic attacks that can blow any enemy to frakkin bits.

You know, Steiner can later learn all those abilties as well..

If only he could use White magic like her.. He'd be a force to be reckoned with. I reckon.

Am I the only one that thinks her attacks weren't that great once on your side anyway? I mean, maybe it was because I was at a high enough level or whatever, but they were only slightly higher than my best. Hardly made a difference, and nothing I had to really rely on at the time. She was made disposable. =]

I believe it is impossible to kill her in boss form, like how I don't like that lightning slash ability Steiner has. You can killer her by using a Game shark or codebreaker. Her boss sprite I think doesn't have a death frame, she simply stops in motion and disappears like all motions enemies have when KO. Sadly then game hangs and you'd have to reset and music continues. (I tested it by turning on codes such as killing bosses and enemies in the beginning of the battle)

What I never got about Beatrix is that with her the fight always ends after she uses her special attack, but when you fight the Antlion boss in Cleyra (who has a similar attack that reduces all allies HP to single digits), the fight still continues and you get a chance to heal your characters and continue attacking. One time after Beatrix used her special attack, some of my characters went into trance, but the fight STILL ended.

Back