Lore Question: Adel's Gender?

Gil
I've been looking for an answer to this question for sometime, this topic may have already come up at some stage so I would like some people's feedback on what they think.
Why is Adel considered a female when she does not have a woman's breast? I found it very unusual when I fought her, it looked like I was fighting a transvestite or something, her chest is very manly. I'm assuming it has something to do with her innability to reproduce (because she searches for a person to replace her e.g Rhinoa). But why give Ultimecia boobs and not Adel? Does anyone have any theories about Adel's manliness?

Last edited:
Because she is a SORCERESS which are females
She does look male though lol

I thought she was a man the first time around too.
Doesn't she have boobzors though? =x

Adel is a former Miss Muscle Universe that´s why she is so strong and as no boobies they turned into muscle over the course of time!

Its like that creature from 12 what looks like a woman, but its isnt. Cant recall its name. Adel is female, but is probably just mega flat chested?

I thought Adel was some freak sorceress mixed with some monster or something since she didn't really look human like Edea or Ultimecia, but I figured adel was female

Adel is a former Miss Muscle Universe that´s why she is so strong and as no boobies they turned into muscle over the course of time!

agreed XD

In all seriousness though - Adel is clearly a woman as she is a Sorceress

she looks damn freaky though >_< but maybe she just did work out to get muscles.

She looks like she could bench Arnold Schwartzenegger many, many times!
Maybe she was in the military and did a TON of push-ups.
But SorcerESS means shes a female as much as its hard to believe!

Yeah, but how many women loose their tits when they work out?
Yeah she is a woman I know that, one of you did say that she culd be a mix of hume and creature, that sounds possible

Last edited:
I have to admit, even though you're practically told in the game that Adel is female, I began to wonder if you're lied to. XD I mean sheez, she looked practically male to me...but eventually I quit caring, because fighting her was annoying as hell. lol.

And she might be a...a...a man-bear-pig!!!! XD

I know Adel looks male, but since the game refers to her as a "she", it's definitely a female. A very manly female, but still, she's got the goods.

Adel was a woman?!?

I couldn't tell either. But just because she was a sorceress doesn't mean that she was female. That's just a title. Who's to say that she (it?) didn't just take the title of sorceress.

But here's another thought. Perhaps Adel was a manly hermaphrodite? If this were true, it might explain both the acquisition of the sorceress powers, which in canon are passed along a female line of succession, and the male body type.

Though it would take a much braver soul than I to walk up and lift her skirt, so to speak, to prove it.

I agree it's hard to tell, but as stated above she was referred to as "She" in the game. So yeah, a female, but definitely a freak.

I knew it was a she because of the fact the she was a sorceress, but there was part of me that thought I was being lied to...

But here's another thought. Perhaps Adel was a manly hermaphrodite? If this were true, it might explain both the acquisition of the sorceress powers, which in canon are passed along a female line of succession, and the male body type.
Oh I like it, I wouldn't be surprised if the FF team to make her a hermaphrodite, with all the bizzare final bosses they come up with

Humm...she´s just a overgrown woman..i think we all agree on that!

She spends a lot of time in the gym and as large bones!

Nonetheless she is a woman!

Back