Music that "gets you going"

Jack's Smirking Revenge

i am the one who knocks
Veteran
Gil
We all have music that pumps the adrenaline, gets us worked for an event or whatever. Usually it's heavier stuff, bass line and loud drums. Shit like that. But what in particular do you listen to to get you in that mood?

Mostly, I listen to Foo Fighters, since they've got three great musicians for rock there (if Best Of You doesn't do it for you, you have a problem). The same goes for Muse. Their more up-beat songs are good for that. And then there's the up-beat Arctic Monkeys songs too.

The kind of music that gets me in that mood is Breaking Benjamins and Rammstein....and sometimes Nightwish....but the best effect with Breaking Benjamins.:P

Anything by Green Day and My Chemical Romance can do it for me, really. My favorites by Green Day are Give Me Novocaine, Jesus of Suburbia, and American Idiot, as well as some of their earlier songs like Basket Case, Longview, and When I Come Around.

My Chemical Romance songs that get me going are I'm Not Okay (I Promise), Welcome To The Black Parade, Famous Last Words, and Teenagers. Mainly anything in this genre does it for me.

best of you is great top get the adrenaline goin (also a good listen to due to bordness song)

Daft Punk, especially their album Discovery. Nirvana's In Utero also delivers a pretty big kickstart. And pretty much anything by Sleater-Kinney

Haha, any song that's particularly rocking gets me pumped up or something no matter what. Jet by Wings and Get Back by the Beatles kinda fit into that category and I just find myself tapping my foot or some other weird thing to the song.

the ones in my MP3!!!
especially Escape by Enrique Iglesias

some of my songs that i kept listening to in my mp3:
Escape-Enrique Iglesias
S.O.S-Jonas Brothers
Everytime We Touch-Cascada
The Great Escape-Boys Like Girls
Hold On-Jonas Brothers
Love 4 Fun-Enrique Iglesias

and the other one that i haven't yet uploaded to my mp3 is:
I'm Just a Kid-Simple Plan

Muse doesn't get my blood pumping. Well a couple of songs such as Hysteria do. Other than that Muse ftw. :monster:

What really gets me going is upbeat metal and some pop. Madonna's Hung up is a good example. Also Iron Maiden's Run to the hills.

Push it to the limit by Paul Engemann is the ultimate song that gets you going. XD

the ones in my MP3!!!
especially Escape by Enrique Iglesias

some of my songs that i kept listening to in my mp3:
Escape-Enrique Iglesias
S.O.S-Jonas Brothers
Everytime We Touch-Cascada
The Great Escape-Boys Like Girls
Hold On-Jonas Brothers
Love 4 Fun-Enrique Iglesias

and the other one that i haven't yet uploaded to my mp3 is:
I'm Just a Kid-Simple Plan

What does this have to do with songs that get you pumped? And do you mean uploaded in your MP3 player? Because MP3 is just a file type <.<

Anyway, songs that get me pumped are anything heavy or fast, usually Dir en grey or AFI (before they went emo). Dir en grey's song The III D Empire is especially great for driving, makes me wanna go waaaaay too fast, like 70 MPH in a 40 MPH zone <.< Here's a live of it if anyone cares to give it a listen: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3S7DENDRMwk (Kyo doesn't particularly care to enunciate anything but the music is quite fun) D'espairsRay and System of a Down's first two albums are also bloody great for getting the adrenaline pumping.

Any really good Capoeira music, with defined sound and instrumentation gets my blood.

I can't help but grit my teeth and clench my fists every time I hear some of the music for one of Mestre Suassuna's Miudinho games.

...or "que vem la so eu"

And no, there are no specific names for the artists who composed these songs.

Throwing System of a Down in there also. ManoWar can get me jumping like a crazy person also. And yes, the odd Limp Bizkit track ca also. Dont shoot me!

Living Dead Girl by Rob Zombie always puts me in a rough, sexy mood.

As far as things that pump me up, KsE usually does the trick.

Well i like anything you can Mosh too realy but here's a few that really get me going.

Crush 40 : Open Your Heart
Linkin Park : One Step Closer
Limp Bizkit : Rollin'
Drowning Pool : Bodies
The Main Theme Of Metal Gear Solid.

That's just a few.

Iron Maiden = Hell yeah.

Iron Maiden are just that one band I can listen to no matter what sort of mood I'm in.

I can think of songs by other artists that have a similair effect:

Aerosmith - Same Old Song And Dance, Rag Doll, Walk This Way

Judas Priest - Bloodstone, Between The Hammer And The Anvil, Riding On The Wind, rapid Fire.

Alice In Chains - Dam That River.

Deicide - Homage For Satan.

Chimaira - Worthless, Pleasure For Pain, Eyes Of A Criminal.

Jimmy Eat World - A Praise Chorus.

There are a few others but those are the ones that have doin' it for me recently.^_^

Last edited:
Living Dead Girl by Rob Zombie always puts me in a rough, sexy mood.

I'm gonna have to agree....when you're in the mood for sex...I would suggest either some Rob Zombie, or some of Boris' more ambient stuff...all good.

But as far as getting me "pumped" up, most melodic death metal does it for me...like Dark Tranquility, Amon Amarth, and stuff like that.

Any song by My Chemical Romance. Their songs are mostly high energy, with the exception of a few. MCR is an Awesome band.

Back