My Yojimbo is too powerful...

Also another summon I didn't care for in FFX was Valefor, its just too weak and useless.

I dunno why the hell they replaced the cool summon Phoenix either with that useless weaking.

At least Phoenix is cool and has the ability to revive dead party members.

So therefore Phoenix > Valefor too XP

Also another summon I didn't care for in FFX was Valefor, its just too weak and useless.

I dunno why the hell they replaced the cool summon Phoenix either with that useless weaking.

At least Phoenix is cool and has the ability to revive dead party members.

So therefore Phoenix > Valefor too XP

No Aeon is WEAK, it obvious you do not use Yuna that much otherwise Valefor would kick anyones but as much as the next Aeon. (Also that was spam!)
And it is the amount of money you pay him garwsh!
Anyone can try out what I said and you will see.

And besides, Odin has one downfall, he hasn't got a 100% guarrantee of killing an enemy in 1 blow, whereas although cost-effective Yojimbo gives you a much greater chance of killing an enemy in 1 blow.

Yojimbo is only used by massive failures like yourself. Anima > a piece of poop > Yojimbo

- The One And Only Professor Socrates, Bow To Me You Weeaboo Peasants

Yeah, let's not insult people based on how they prefer to play a game, Professor Socrates.

No Aeon is WEAK, it obvious you do not use Yuna that much otherwise Valefor would kick anyones but as much as the next Aeon. (Also that was spam!)
And it is the amount of money you pay him garwsh!
Anyone can try out what I said and you will see.

Actually gosh, I did use Yuna a lot in my last session, since she was the first character I stat maxxed to 255 in all her stats when I did my 100% run for FFX in my last playthrough. :P

I still found Valefor to be weak as crap even after stat maxxing Yuna, so there ya go.

Thats why I am entitled to say that Valefor is weak and Yojimbo too for that matter as well. :P

This may be off topic but that depends on if you want Valefor to be powerful, if you use the attribute area with Valefor he/she can be made powerful. It all depends on how you raise him/her.

But I thought raising Yuna's stats also is related to the summons stats.

So doesn't maxxing out Yuna stats help out making your summons more powerful?

Yes but for additional boost you need to increase the attributes of your Aeons.

Valefor is built for speed and magic but with the attribute system he/she can just as easily be a tank or a defender, it depends on where you want to prioritise.

I only ever really used Yojimbo when I first got him, then again at the end on my way through the Monster Arena. In the end when I faced really hard bosses like Ultima Buster and Nemesis, I just used him as a sacrifice after I'd get in one hit of 99,999 with him on the enemy. Yojimbo probably hated me in FFX.

Yojimbo's character is excellent. Not only does he look great, and play great, but the fact its all a gamble does not exactly make him unstopabble. Besides, I guess he does come in handy too often and thats not a bad thing for when you really need Zanmato.

At the end of the day, he's very, very useful.

Please read my post. It's not what you pay him, but how lucky you are in what attacks he uses after he's paid. Every Zanmato raises the chances for another, and thereby you can after time pay him less and less.
Actually that isn't the case. The more you pay him the higher his motivation will be (think of that as his "base" motivtion). That is then put into a formula with several other factors (Enemies Zanmato resistence, the amount you pay him and compatability). There is only 1 random factor, and that is the game picks a number between 0 and 63 and adds that to the motivation.

If, at the end of the formula, the motivation is 80 or higher, he will use Zanmato.

This should explain it better than me: http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/ps2/file/197344/24392

The topic is over a year old.
Anyway, Zanmato increases your compatibility rate with Yojimbo, as does Wakazashi. ^
However, compatibility accounts for a low increase in chance anyway - motivation and resistance level are the two most important factors.

i personally never liked yojimbo. not only do you have to pay like 200k gil to get him, one time i payed him around 1.5 million gil(after a lot of training) expecting him to use zanmatto (due to the extremely high amount) and he just used the dog attack! that was all the gil i had and i was fighting that ass of a boss seymore ominous and this was going to decide who won!!! from then on i never used him. by the looks of things that stoped the game from being boring for me so yay ^_^

i personally never liked yojimbo. not only do you have to pay like 200k gil to get him, one time i payed him around 1.5 million gil(after a lot of training) expecting him to use zanmatto (due to the extremely high amount) and he just used the dog attack! that was all the gil i had and i was fighting that ass of a boss seymore ominous and this was going to decide who won!!! from then on i never used him. by the looks of things that stoped the game from being boring for me so yay ^_^

Yojimbos power is a hassel if you want a proper fight but it can be used correctly.

Also you have to build up massive exp for Yojimbo for him to use Zanmato and such on powerful enemeis. Everytime Yojimbo uses a move you either get plus or minus special exp and the more of this hidden exp you have the more likely Yojimbo is to use Zanmato on weak enemeis.

Uh, here's a solution...Just don't use him?

On my first save I always used him for bosses so I made a second save and didn't get him until I wanted to get Anima and the Magnus Sisters. >.>

Back