Obama

I hope thats sarcasm, because he is doing the opposite of everything he said he'd do, like just for like instance; getting the US troops the hell out of Afghanistan etc.. :mokken:

Getting the troops out of Afghanistan requires removing the Taliban/Al-Qaida influence from the Afghani provinces as much as possible, which the military cannot do without the 20-some thousand extra troops that military leaders there had been calling out for for over three years. Now that the Iraq War is on a downswing, forces can be redistributed to focus on Afghanistan, for the purposes of stabilizing the region, allowing us to withdraw troops starting in 2011.

That's the only strategy he's had since he was President. He is not "doing the opposite." He may not be doing it in the manner you expect, but he's doing exactly what he said he'd do.

Getting the troops out of Afghanistan requires removing the Taliban/Al-Qaida influence from the Afghani provinces as much as possible, which the military cannot do without the 20-some thousand extra troops that military leaders there had been calling out for for over three years. Now that the Iraq War is on a downswing, forces can be redistributed to focus on Afghanistan, for the purposes of stabilizing the region, allowing us to withdraw troops starting in 2011.

That's the only strategy he's had since he was President. He is not "doing the opposite." He may not be doing it in the manner you expect, but he's doing exactly what he said he'd do.

Then he shouldn't have promised things he knew he couldn't deliver. He still said he'd get them out, they aren't out in the allotted time that he promised, So he built up hype with promises he knew couldn't be kept?

Made people see the good things he said he'd do and then lied to them? >.> All I know is what I heard and what I was promised, I don't care why it didn't happen, all I know is it didn't.

Its not that he's not doing it in the manner I "expected", he's not doing it in the manner he promised.

Then he shouldn't have promised things he knew he couldn't deliver. He still said he'd get them out, they aren't out in the allotted time that he promised, So he built up hype with promises he knew couldn't be kept?

Made people see the good things he said he'd do and then lied to them? >.> All I know is what I heard and what I was promised, I don't care why it didn't happen, all I know is it didn't.

Its not that he's not doing it in the manner I "expected", he's not doing it in the manner he promised.

Yet. The operative word is 'yet.' If he brings the majority of troops home by the end of 2011, will he have brought the troops home and thus fulfilled his "promise?" Yes.

For me to describe how much loathing I have for the man's leadership abilities, it would probably take a whole week. As for recent events, yes, I blame him for how bad the oil spill has gotten because at least BP immediately got up and did crap. Early on, countries offered to help us clean it up, but Obama instead rejected them until around seventy days after the fact. Obviously, he didn't much care to fix the problem all too quickly. The 'Whale', an oil skimming ship, was only recently called into action, despite basically sitting for Obama's word the whole freaking time.

I could say more about immigration and crap, but it's too late for me to get myself in a rage.

Yet. The operative word is 'yet.' If he brings the majority of troops home by the end of 2011, will he have brought the troops home and thus fulfilled his "promise?" Yes.

Obama had declared that he will have our troops out by August 31st 2010, though he first promised to have them out by May 20, 2010, he changed this on Feb. 27, so no he doesn't have until 2011. I don't want a Majority brought home I want them all brought home -- like he promised.

Doesn't seem to me that they'll be out anytime soon.

And that's not the only promise he broke.

You realize that Iraq and Afghanistan are two different countries, right? Emphasis mine.

Obama said:
President Obama announced that he would withdraw combat forces from Iraq by August 2010 and all remaining American troops by December 2011.

prepared to shift resources and troops from increasingly stable Iraq to increasingly volatile Afghanistan.

Source

Last edited:
Obama is alright I think. In my opinion his administration is a bit too passive when it comes to the foreign policy, but I suppose that's very much because of the very aggressive foreign policy of the former administration.

I think his biggest problem is that he promised a lot of things which there simply isn't enough political support for. He spent ages wrestling with the healthcare reform, it only barely made it through, the final result was pretty half-arsed, and the next Republican administration is probably going to get rid of it anyway. I do realise that until then people are significantly better off than they were before, but it does seem like a pretty small payout compared to all the work that went into it. Surely that's time and resources that could have been spent on improvements with more viability in the long term.

You realize that Iraq and Afghanistan are two different countries, right? Emphasis mine.

I said "etc." didn't I? :ahmed:

I hope thats sarcasm, because he is doing the opposite of everything he said he'd do, like just for like instance; getting the US troops the hell out of Afghanistan etc.. ~ Me

Yes. I do realize that Iraq and Afghanistan are separate countries. I also realize that Obama has 2 months to get our troops out of Iraq unless he changes the date...again. Then technically he isn't breaking a promise just making it difficult to keep :P

Does Obama seem even close to getting our troops out of there? He played semantics and then he kept changing the withdrawal date :ninja:

I said "etc." didn't I? :ahmed:

I hope thats sarcasm, because he is doing the opposite of everything he said he'd do, like just for like instance; getting the US troops the hell out of Afghanistan etc.. ~ Me

Yes. I do realize that Iraq and Afghanistan are separate countries. I also realize that Obama has 2 months to get our troops out of Iraq unless he changes the date...again. Then technically he isn't breaking a promise just making it difficult to keep :P

Does Obama seem even close to getting our troops out of there? He played semantics and then he kept changing the withdrawal date :ninja:

Does anyone really care? There are much more pressing issues in the country right now than setting a deadline for withdrawing troops. Global warming, immigration refor, civil unions bills and the BP oil spill come to mind. The generals have already told us time and again that if we withdraw now that the countries will collapse, and no amount of political hocus pocus is going to change that fact. As long as he isn't pouring in new troops or threatening to start new conflicts with other countries, then he's doing a much better job than any potential Republican alternative would.

Does anyone really care? There are much more pressing issues in the country right now than setting a deadline for withdrawing troops. Global warming, immigration refor, civil unions bills and the BP oil spill come to mind. The generals have already told us time and again that if we withdraw now that the countries will collapse, and no amount of political hocus pocus is going to change that fact. As long as he isn't pouring in new troops or threatening to start new conflicts with other countries, then he's doing a much better job than any potential Republican alternative would.

Obama can't really do anything about the Oil Spill can he?

And yeah, I care duderino, I have two brothers serving and I don't want to risk their lives for a war over OIL, I voted for someone who was going to get the troops out; now he better do it.

Global Warming? Its natural and there is nothing we can do about it. These things happen. Its all a BIG scam.

How can he be doing a better job? Bush was just stupid, Obama is just a liar. They are both idiots either way.

Obama won't do anything about Immigration Reform, those are the people that voted him in, after all -- Sí se puede!

Back