Omega Weapon

Ultima36

Outsider
Gil
Hi. Just wodering who managed to defeat Omega Weapon and how? I found it impossible! What level would you recommend that the characters shoudl be before attempting this? And has anyone got some good tactics for this fight?

Well my lvl was 27-30, but all stats max, and I used aura and Rinoa's Angel Wing to make myself invisible, and then just bashed him with Limit Breaks,he was quite easy that way.

Wow, 27-30 is quite low level really! I thought I'd need to be like level 100

There is a pretty simple way of downing him - just cast aura, drink holy waters and then use limit breaks to bash him to death. XP

I never knew you could do it in such an easy manner. I will try this when I next start FFVIII.

Your HP must be at 9999 to survive his Megiddo Flame, which is one of his first attacks including Lvl.5 Death. Make sure your levels aren't a multiple of 5 or simply junction Death to your ST-DEF for those that require it. Then summon Doom Train or cast Meltdown on him, both methods reducing his Vit down to 0, but Omega might be inflicted with the Blind status if the former was used.

Next, you'll either want to gulp down Holy Wars or Hero Drinks to ensure immunity against all of Omega's attacks. The problem with this is, you can't cast Aura while they're invisible. Therefore, you could arrive to a situation where Omega will attack you with Terra Break or Megiddo Flame the moment the effect of invisibility wears off, forcing you to use Holy Wars/Heroes w/out Aura. Unless you're at critical status, No Aura = No Limit Breaks.

One way of ensuring that you can pull through Terra Break w/out invisibility is by using the Defend command prior to that attack. That way, Terra Break does no harm to the person that used it and you can enjoy the benefits of Limit Breaks in every turn so long as Aura has been cast, with knowledge that Terra Break always comes after Gravija.

If you're a master at executing Zell's Duel Limit Break combos, you can enter the battle with Zell and Squall at 1 HP and end the fight in a few turns.

Or you can simply call it a day, and make Selphie cast "The End."

Yeah....you can kill Omega Weapon at level 7 actually. Remember, in FFVIII monsters level up with you. Omega Weapon would have about 60K of HP. His first attack is level 5 death so it doesn't matter if your level 7. Just refine the Laguna card into 100 heros, and/or the Gilgamesh card into 10 Hero wards. Just keep up invincible and you should be set.

Well I've never been able to stay under 20, I think it's not possible since there are some fights where you get EXP no matter what, and also I'm Omega is always lvl 100, your own lvl doesn't matter.

Boss fights don't give you EXP...

Well here is a No Level up guide: http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/psx/file/197343/19814

SUPER DUPER BOSS FIGHT: OMEGA WEAPON
------------------------------------
Wow, you are taking on the strongest monster in the game at LV7! Isn't that incredible? Unlike the Ultimate Weapon, the Omega is ALWAYS at LV100 - try scanning him. So it really doesn't matter if you are at LV100 or LV7, he will have the same stats. The way to beat him is to simply be faster than him. That means a very good speed stat. If you have everything junctioned as I told you, that shouldn't be a problem. As the battle starts have one person cast Triple on a person that has at least 3 Auras. Have that person cast the three Auras. The third character should use a Holy War. Omega WILL use LV5 Death, and it is likely to happen before you cast the holy war, but don't worry, none in your party should have a level multiple of 5, so it will miss. After this cast a meltdown to get his Vitality to 0. From here on it is just limit breaks. And it will seem endless. At one point your Holy War will wear off. If you are unlucky to have one character killed while there is a gap between the Holy War that wore off and the new one you are casting, the only thing I can suggest is to try to go on with the flow - cast Life (NOT Full-Life!) and then a Holy War. As your speed is greater than Omega's you should get all those things done before you finish up dead. After that just keep on casting Limit Breaks. Just to give an idea of the number of limit breaks you will need - I used over 40 Demolition Ammo in this battle, and most of the times my fire rate was 3/limit
(I had no aura the time I fought him, but you should, as it increases the fire
rate). He isn't very difficult, as I didn't die a single time while fighting him.
So you shouldn't either. Now go to the Tutorial Menu, check under Information and you will see a new entry - 'The Proof of Omega'.

So I was right
the Omega is ALWAYS at LV100

This is a runthrough of the game IMO, this guy just goes past everything that's why he can get so far and be under lvl 10, I got to 20-30 cause in order to get all the tests and all the GF abilities, though I used the same method, the Card command.

I just used the same party I used for Jumbo Cactuar and Tonberry King, and I was sorted! Quite easy, though admittedly I looked up a guide... 8)

Kinda sucks to fight a boss with a guide :/ I'd resort to something like that ONLY if I couldn't beat him after two days of trying, plus Omega really isn't that complicated to beat.

Omega Weapon is always level 100. That is because his attacks are at level 100. His HP isn't. Omega Weapon's HP range is from 171945 (Level 7) to 1161000 (Level 100). Which is why it doesn't matter what level you are you can beat Omega weapon at without doing much leveling.

That makes no sense :/ How can his attacks be lvl 100 and his HP not? He is an extra boss, you don't have to fight him, that is why he is lvl 100.

Here:
Party lvl 100
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jFcMMvO-6_M

Party lvl 16
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hwLJogVfUso
be patient with this vid the guy doesn't know how to set up the camera :D

Following your analogy if Omega has 171945 hp (Level 7) he'd have double on lvl 16 right? On this vid the guy does at least 56000 damage from one Renzokuken, so that would mean that he'd kill him with 6-7 Renzokukens, but no, he hits 27 x 56000 = 1512000, which would say that Omega's HP is nowhere close to 300000.

If this doesn't prove it to you nothing will.

Yeah, that's true, than Gamefaq is wrong. I remember in the official strategy guide did show Omega Weapon HP range. I'm just saying that Omega weapon doesn't have a definite number of hit points. It varies from levels, I wish those people in these videos scan Omega. Also to show how much damage is attack does at depending what level your characters are.

here's something which will settle the debate.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O0mi47GXHa4

extremely low level team. take into account ff8 allows you to junction max strength at low levels as you can gain magic without going into fights (cards-card mod-gf refine).
Sorry that its german. But you can see that omega's level 7, and that only amounts to about 100,000 hp, where at level 100 he has 1,161,000 hp - which takes about 8 renzokuken-lionhearts?
So really its just much easier if you stay low level as the monsters levels are always around your levels.

If I was Omega that video would insult me :) What's the point in fighting the strongest monster in the game at his lowest lvl? Where's the challenge in that? If you wanted to play the game with low lvl ok, but lvl up if you fight Omega :/
Sry, just my gaming principles :D

Also, you wanna say that the difference in Omega's HP on lvl 7 and 16 is that great?
In the video I posted where the guys party is lvl16 Omega had 1500000 at least, so how much does he have on lvl100?

Last edited:
Back