Omega Weapon

here's something which will settle the debate.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O0mi47GXHa4

extremely low level team. take into account ff8 allows you to junction max strength at low levels as you can gain magic without going into fights (cards-card mod-gf refine).
Sorry that its german. But you can see that omega's level 7, and that only amounts to about 100,000 hp, where at level 100 he has 1,161,000 hp - which takes about 8 renzokuken-lionhearts?
So really its just much easier if you stay low level as the monsters levels are always around your levels.

Interesting, thank you for posting the video. I thought you could beat Omega weapon at level 7. Well then, I guess I was correct after all. I knew that Omega Weapon's HP depended on your level.

Last edited:
I used to beat this guy on a daily basis just because I could, I tried all the different challenges such as squall only and 1 junction per chara and no hero/holy war potions, and loads of other stuff, but bottom line, once you know his attack pattern, its almost impossible to lose, unless Terra Break catches you off guard, dammit.
Also i was told, Omega's HP doesn't change, even if you fight him at lvl 1, only his power stats do. But playing through FF8 at low lvl never appealed to me.

here's something which will settle the debate.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O0mi47GXHa4

extremely low level team. take into account ff8 allows you to junction max strength at low levels as you can gain magic without going into fights (cards-card mod-gf refine).
Sorry that its german. But you can see that omega's level 7, and that only amounts to about 100,000 hp, where at level 100 he has 1,161,000 hp - which takes about 8 renzokuken-lionhearts?
So really its just much easier if you stay low level as the monsters levels are always around your levels.
Well, the creator of the video did acknowledge it to be the PC version of the game.

Ashe10, a regular poster of FF videos in youtube, also managed it at the lowest possible levels. Yet, it seemed to have had little to no effect on Omega's HP levels:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tPx3c7DWZKY

Well misunderstandings happen when they change crap. Of course I was talking about the PS1 FFVIII, have never played the PC version, I'm really happy about it, after learning this.

Tnx Feng Yun, and it was a good video, the guy though seems a bit pissed off :D

Last edited by a moderator:
If I was Omega that video would insult me :) What's the point in fighting the strongest monster in the game at his lowest lvl? Where's the challenge in that? If you wanted to play the game with low lvl ok, but lvl up if you fight Omega :/
Sry, just my gaming principles :D

Also, you wanna say that the difference in Omega's HP on lvl 7 and 16 is that great?
In the video I posted where the guys party is lvl16 Omega had 1500000 at least, so how much does he have on lvl100?
Yeah I have to agree with that. I prefer to level up normally in the game - its more of a challenge and I enjoy that.

right for a start my characters were about lvl 50-70 all of them then i picked the best team from tht
when atually fighting him i just kept attacking him with magic ang melee attacks and just kept recovering health all the time

Well there really is no specific tactic for him IMO, you just smack him until he dies.

Personally, i found him easy ...

I cast triple, the cast aura, then get irvine, Rinoa and squall to beat him to death ... it was over in about 5 minutes for me

I DID have max hp, strength and vitality aswell

Im quite surprised noone seems to have suggested Selphies 'The End' as a method for taking out Omega. is that generally deemed a cheap way of doing it on here? lol. Its the only way ive been able to beat him on a No Junction game... so far...

Hah i can finally post in here woohoo.

I defeated him for the first time EVER last night (took about 5 attampts tho) I probably did it in the gayest way ever but meh, it worked for me

I used Quistis Squall & Rinoa

Cerberus got everyone tripled for Aura, Doomtrain just got killed by megiddo flame which annoyed me so I cast melt down. After that I used Hero's - kept Squall at low hp and just kept using Renzokuken....I died a fair bit and luckily Phoenix appeared the one time they all got wiped out. I just kept Quistis & Rinoa reviving and dishing out hero drinks while I pummelled away with Squall.... I got there in the end

Well, I defeated it about two weeks ago. I just summoned Doomtrain to cause Vit 0 then I used Aura and pummeled away with both Irvine's and Squall's limit breaks while Rinoa healed as needed and ocassionally used her own limit break.

Last edited:
Well my lvl was 27-30, but all stats max, and I used aura and Rinoa's Angel Wing to make myself invisible, and then just bashed him with Limit Breaks,he was quite easy that way.
lol its crazy 27-30lvl...you cant win with this lvl Omega W.
man my tactics and very good...make lvl100 squall,zell and irvine
and get some hero potion...when its will be easy...xD

I used Selphie's The End.
It makes every battle in the game easy.

I can't remember how i beat him but i remember finding him easy to beat. :S

Getting pass the Ruby Dragons and Bahamut was difficult, I think I just used the summons and special attacks, any other magics in this game is pointless, even Ultima isn't as good as it was in VII.

yeah omegaweapon is lvl 100 and i was level 100 when i beat him and it took longer than an hour 2 beat it and it would be quite impossible 2 beat it at a low level unless your moves can take 9999 of all the time

WOW IM REALLY ACTIVE TODAY .... WHAT OMEGA WEAPON IIS A WORTHY OPPONENT AND ONE OF THE FEW ENEMIES I HAVE EVER EXPERIENCED THE PERFECT GAMING MOMENT OF ULTIMAT OFFENSE DEFENSE & ENJOYMENT PICTURE IF U WILL 3 LIONHEARTS IN ROW RINOA DASHING OF WITH THE WISHING STAR THER ODD MEGALIXIR ZELL SUMMONS EDEN AND THEN BOO!!! OMEGA WEAPON HITS ME HIS MAX DAMAGE ATTACK AND KO'S ME STRIAGHT OUT AND THEN ALONG CAMES PHEONIX SHE REVIVES ME AND I CONTINUE THE ATTACK BUT ALL WAS IN VAIN AND WAS DEFEATED BUT A WORTHY DEFEAT . THOUGH I WAS BACK IN THERE 5 MIN LATER AND I WHOOPED HIS ARSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HERES A QUESTION? ANY ONE EVER DEFEAT OMEGA WEAPON AND HAVE PROOF OF OMEGA ON DISC 3??

yeah omegaweapon is lvl 100 and i was level 100 when i beat him and it took longer than an hour 2 beat it and it would be quite impossible 2 beat it at a low level unless your moves can take 9999 of all the time

For real....cause i only got omegaweapon on lvl 90 and he stop lveling up so i just stop playing it.

Well, way before hand, I drew Aura from Seifer (the battle in Lunatic Pandora at the end of disc 3) until all 3 party members had 100 Auras a piece. I also modded the Gilgamesh card twice for 20 Holy Wars. Yeah, I know, there's only one Gilgamesh card in the whole game. But if you take on the Challenge CC members sidequest, on the fourth disc, any card you mod LEVEL 8 AND ABOVE will be in the hands of any CC member the next time you face them. I got mine back from Xu (aka Heart) because she doesn't have the damn Random rule like the joker!

I used Squall, Zell, and Rinoa for this battle. All three had junctions on all stats, since I had all 16 GFs with all abilities learned. Squall's level was 100 (of course...), Zell and Rinoa's levels were in their sixties. All had their respective Ultimate Weapons. I had Rinoa use Triple and then use Aura on all (she had the Expend 3-1 ability). Then I had Zell use a Holy War, then went to town on Omega's ass wiht limit breaks. I healed and revived when necessary. I ended up using 10 Auras and 5 Holy Wars. The whole thing took about 20-30 minutes. and that's basically it!

Back