Party of 3..

DLFlux

Boats and hoes....
Veteran
Gil
Across every Final Fantasy game, choose 3 characters you'd put in your party.

For me, it would be:
Cloud (FFVII) - Because he's just friggin' awesome.
Yuna (FFX) - Summoning, healing, buffs.
Fran (FFXII) - Weapons expert, strong black mage, good empty hand fighter, and her quickenings are great.

This is not in anyway related to my favourite characters, it's based on who I think would make a good balanced party, not just focussed on who I think is cool.

What would your party of three be, picking from accross the FF world? (playable characters only)

FF7_Cloud: powerful close range fighter
FFX2_Yuna: Good at keeping combos going, and with catnip is an extremely good damage dealer.
FFXII_Ashe: Decent healer, good all-round mage.

I don't balance my party, I just make sure they have higher-than-average attack and health stats.

Last edited:
1. Zak (Zak's hair is awesome ^_^)

2. Auron (Strong/powerful awesome weapons)

3. Vaan (Fast quick thief)

Uh, yeah. Yuna would go somewhere there.

my party:

Auron (FF X): great power attacks and health.
Vivi (FF IX):black magic
Cecil (FF IV): a paladin (good attacks and can heal)

yep that's it, mostly in every FF game I play

Celes- You must have celes really
Locke- He'sthe best thief/treasure hunter there is
Squall- Lionheart to kill anything that comes along, and his sarcastic sense of humour.

Wakka: Attack Reels. Made of win
Yuna: Summons an' healy shizz
Rinoa: Invincible moon & Wishing star and she was always really rather hard :monster:

Celes- You must have celes really

inoerite? she's a cheap little bitch :monster:

Zack (FFVII) - Mister sunnyshine > doomygloom.
Celes (FFVI) - Runic, kthxbai.
Rikku (FFX) - ja. I need teh hawt blonde wimminz.

Vincent (FFVII) (The Best Character ever)
Vivi (FFIX) (He cute)
Zack (FFVII:CC) (as sum41 said the hair, and he is way better than cloud)

Hmmm
Rinoa(FFVIII) - She's hot.
Rikku(FFX) - She's hot.
Ashe(FFXII) - She's hot.

If you want a party with skills...then the following would be my choice.

Wakka(FFX) - Attack Reels is the strongest limit/overdrive in the series. His health goes over 9999 anyway.
Tidus(FFX) - Same reason as above, except a weaker overdrive.
Yuna(FFX) - Same reason as above, but can summon Aeons to aid the party................and she's hot.

Hmmm
Rinoa(FFVIII) - She's hot.
Rikku(FFX) - She's hot.
Ashe(FFXII) - She's hot.

If you want a party with skills...then the following would be my choice.

Wakka(FFX) - Attack Reels is the strongest limit/overdrive in the series. His health goes over 9999 anyway.
Tidus(FFX) - Same reason as above, except a weaker overdrive.
Yuna(FFX) - Same reason as above, but can summon Aeons to aid the party................and she's hot.

Completely agree'ish i would have put Rikku (FFX-2) for hotness, she luks like a different person.

Auron(X)- Very powerful, does an obscene amount of heavy physical damage, combined with stat breaks and overdrives. Good, strong character overall, not some emo girlyboy.
Vivi(IX)- Can do immense magical damage, has a very wide range of powerful spells, and I like his character.
Celes(VI)- Something of a Red Mage, with the ability to use white and black magic, and better than average physical damage. Runic is a definite winner. Plus, I like her personality, and she'd probably get along quite well with Auron.

Last edited:
Here's my three-

Cloud (FF7)- He kicks ass, plain and simple.
Tifa (FF7)- She's got fists of fury and her final limit break is pretty powerful.
Yuna (FFX)- Her skills with magic and her ability to summon aeons make her a must-have in my party.

and my three

Squall: Lionheart = death to all
Auron: Strong hitter and my favourite character
Vivi: Good black mage and my second favourite character

:monster:

Guy (FFII) - Mainly because of his brute strength and ability to stave off some powerful attacks without taking much damage.

Yuna (FFX) - For her ability to summon the Aeons and keep the party nice and alive.

Vincent (FFVII) - His long range attacks and transformation Limit Breaks really helped me out of some difficult situations.

I think we should probably exclude choosing FFX characters simply because of their "OMG OVER 9999 damage!!!", and keep the playing field level.

I prefer dedicated Black Mages over rangers/hunters, because they will deal heavy damage anyway, except when flying enemies have high magic defence. If that's the case, then mental break should solve the problem if it's successfully cast. There is a hybrid between the two, i.e. Fran, but I don't like her all that much.

Squall - Lionheart. it totally kicks ass.
Fran - the Femme Fatale. she is probably my favorite female character in the Final Fantasy series.
Balthier - He's the leading man. You can't have a party without the leading man can you?

Back