Nintendo Pokémon Heart Gold and Soul Silver

I still have yet to find a Fire Stone. By the looks of it, I may be better off waiting until I get Pal Park and just importing a bunch from my copy of Fire Red.

Also they made the Kimono Girls much tougher in this game. I actually lost my first time. Although that was partially because I forgot to buy more items that I used up during that last gym battle.

I only have one NDS, so I can't very well do that even if I wanted to. Besides, I have other ways. :monster:

After completing the first region, are the Pokémon you battle when you enter the additional region from the 1st generation, are they still really low in level at first? :hmmm: That was so pathetic, they were just one hit KO'd every time for a while. >.>

062_Poliwrath.gif

I was ev training one of my favorite pokemon,poliwrath,however at level 100 his evs that i wanted ended up fine but not good at all, maximum attack but defense and hp,did not have available evs for the stats,what i know is that i got a bit of speed evs but still,that doesnt stop from training for defense and hp. I was using those special macho braces.

wobbuffet_by_pokesafari-png1.jpg

this was worse and it made me unhappy more then poliwrath,wobbufett is one of my favorites,even more then poliwrath,i had maxed my evs for hp and my points at level 100 seem to be 20 points b4 its maximum, his best is 380 something while mine was in the 360s.and then, i had no more room for my other evs,wtf!!!

please be advised that my 2 pokemon have full IV.

I only have one NDS, so I can't very well do that even if I wanted to. Besides, I have other ways. :monster:

After completing the first region, are the Pokémon you battle when you enter the additional region from the 1st generation, are they still really low in level at first? :hmmm: That was so pathetic, they were just one hit KO'd every time for a while. >.>

Unfortunately I suffer from the same and for some reason I can't connect via wi-fi on my DS. I am missing on some epic battles. :(

I haven't really noticed to be honest but I think they still are.

I should be getting gold when I get my DS back in a few weeks.

I have a TON of Pokémon to trade over, between leaf green and fire red I have a complete pokédex and something like 220 on ruby, with a fair few level 100s.

I don't do much of this power levelling to get stat maxed pokémon but I'll happily give people a battle if they're ever interested.

More to come, when the DS is back.

(Also to those of you after elemental stones, Celadon Department store is still the only way of being certain to get the on you want, every other way is random, prize-wise)

I found that out the hard way. It took me long enough to find that one Fire Stone. I'd rather not go through the hassle again so I just started importing the Elemental Stones from my copy of Fire Red.

Also OMG at the amount of changes and extras added to this game.

Spoilers

An epic tag team battle with your rival against a stronger Lance and a stronger Clair in the Dragon's Den. That is something I did not expect to see.

Is it me or did
Red
get stronger than he was in G/S/C. I can't remember right but I am pretty sure his team was a bit weaker than in HG/SS

I know there hasn't been a post in this thread in a while, but I expect to be getting Pokémon Soul Silver Version in less than two weeks, so I really feel like posting in this thread now. :P What do you guys think of the soundtrack? Okay, pretty, so-so, awesome? :awesome: Does it seem much tougher than the original Gold/Silver Versions?

it is much more varied than the original versions, it makes the music orchestral and sets the mood much better than before. that said, the original has its charm, so i'm at a toss-up.

Well that sounds intriguing, I look forward to hearing the soundtrack as I play the game :D
So that Pokéwalker thing that comes with it, anyone actually use it much? :hmmm:

To be honest, I completely forgot about it. I should use it but I keep forgetting it even exists.

As far as the soundtrack goes, it varies in my opinion. Some of the remixes sound better while some of them shouldn't have been touched at all. You'll just have to find out when you play it. Either that or search YouTube

I still have not beaten Red. Simply cause my team is not strong enough. I have not played recently really. I usually beating the game with the pokemon I train. Not just trade a level 100 and kill reds ass like that. Its no fun.

I don't blame you. It is just not as satisfying. Not that I could anyway, I can't connect my DS to the internet so no internet for me. :( I'd rather finish the game on my own without someone's help.

I still have not beaten Red. Simply cause my team is not strong enough. I have not played recently really. I usually beating the game with the pokemon I train. Not just trade a level 100 and kill reds ass like that. Its no fun.

What is your current team, anyway? With a good moveset and combination, despite of being underleveled by 10-15 levels, you can effectively defeat Red, despite needing a designated HM user.

I don't blame you. It is just not as satisfying. Not that I could anyway, I can't connect my DS to the internet so no internet for me. :( I'd rather finish the game on my own without someone's help.

I'd agree with you both on that. Leveling up a Pokemon from another trainer/game isn't too bad, and in all honesty, is actually pretty nice in terms of getting competitive teams done, but in HG/SS, there are so many great opportunities for training against decent trainers, as opposed to the horrible D/P/Pt trainer ratio.

I am the same boat as well. I am trying to train for that battle as well. My pokemon all range between 50-55 so I got at least another good 10 levels before I stand a chance. Thank goodness for the Elite 4 and Gym Leader rematches!

So you can have a rematch against the gym leaders and the Elite Four with their Pokémon being stronger in these games, too? That's always fun. >.> Well, a good challenge can be fun, so long as it is possible for more than just the most skilled, competitive, professional players. xP

The best part is that you can challenge them as many times as you want. Each Gym Leader has a certain time of a certain day that you can have rematches with (i.e. Blue is Sunday Night) so you can just go all out and spam it. Plus they always have the same EV spreads and whatnot, so it makes for quick and simple EV training, once you pick out which ones work the best for you.

Yep, they make great training spots. The only downside is the times you can challenge them is very limited so you have to be precise if you decide you want to challenge someone.

Huh, that's kind of a pain. <.< Well, it's August 26th now, haven't opened my presents yet though, probably won't for a little bit yet, but next time I end up getting online after I have, I can say for certain that I have it (or not...). :D

I hope it doesn't disappoint, I have pretty high expectations for it. :P

Back