Nintendo Pokémon Heart Gold and Soul Silver

No Ubers I can understand, and a sleep clause I can see the logic to - being shut down is bloody aggravating - but no Substitution? I don't really see the point to that...subs can be broken the second they're brought out, after all.
...no, I'd ban Choice items, or restrict it to one per team. Choice items wreak absolute mayhem and stop the game before its even started...

Online play is godawful, all these rules and tiers...its still fun, though, when people don't complain and disconnect when they start losing. It'd be nice if everyone didn't use the same things, as well, with the same movesets...its dull.

If there was to be a tournament here (and I for one would happily join and/or host one) I'd split it up into tiers - OU, UU and Uber, with maybe single and double battles for each catergory.

Anyways...I've got both HeartGold and SoulSilver (I gave in and traded in some games for HeartGold, although I haven't started it yet) and I'm at Victory Road...the games are just as easy as they were back then. Although the Kimono Girls gave me a little trouble this time around...

No Ubers I can understand, and a sleep clause I can see the logic to - being shut down is bloody aggravating - but no Substitution? I don't really see the point to that...subs can be broken the second they're brought out, after all.
...no, I'd ban Choice items, or restrict it to one per team. Choice items wreak absolute mayhem and stop the game before its even started...

Online play is godawful, all these rules and tiers...its still fun, though, when people don't complain and disconnect when they start losing. It'd be nice if everyone didn't use the same things, as well, with the same movesets...its dull.

If there was to be a tournament here (and I for one would happily join and/or host one) I'd split it up into tiers - OU, UU and Uber, with maybe single and double battles for each catergory.

Anyways...I've got both HeartGold and SoulSilver (I gave in and traded in some games for HeartGold, although I haven't started it yet) and I'm at Victory Road...the games are just as easy as they were back then. Although the Kimono Girls gave me a little trouble this time around...

I cant just take substitutions,it bothers me so much,but i dont mind if we could substitue in the tournaments if there is one,i have to get use to it.

I cant stand uber legends like darkrai,with that dark void he is so cheap,even giratinas so cheap,i could stand legends like dialga/palkia/groudon/kyogre though,but giratina and lugia...:ban:

The only legends i use is the 4 regis but not really regigigas,depends on the battle. I usually use regice and sometimes regirock. Well then,lookong forward to tournaments.

I use a lot of Legends when I play PBR, like Arceus, Lugia, Darkrai...them mainly, and Giratina also is pretty good. A team with no legends would take some planning for it to be a good one, I'm hoping the 5th generation of Pokémon will have some really good non-legendary Pokémon. :hmmm:

I think it's really cheap to use a team full of Legendary Pokémon. I'm playing through SoulSilver right now, and I've already got my final team of 6 planned out. Typhlosion, Starmie, Pidgeot, Umbreon, Ampharos and Dragonite :mokken:

I'm enjoying SoulSilver so far, although there doesn't seem to be any really fantastic place to train, really >_>

And, Whitney's Demon Cow was as annoying in the remakes as it was in the original games. I LOATHE that thing with a passion.

I use a lot of Legends when I play PBR, like Arceus, Lugia, Darkrai...them mainly, and Giratina also is pretty good. A team with no legends would take some planning for it to be a good one, I'm hoping the 5th generation of Pokémon will have some really good non-legendary Pokémon. :hmmm:

For some reason,i could handle arceus but not giratina,he takes so long to knock out. My 4 legends arent tough at all, i just have counter with regirock,its his biggest advantage,regice i use thunder wave for advantage, registeel its hard to use it,even regigigas.

I just started playing, Soul Silver, a few days ago and this is really a nice step down memory lane. I am really enjoying it thus far, I just got my second gym badge. I ended up starting with Chikorita like I did in the original game. Sure I know the game is going to be a bit harder but if I managed to do it before I can do it again.

I think it's really cheap to use a team full of Legendary Pokémon. I'm playing through SoulSilver right now, and I've already got my final team of 6 planned out. Typhlosion, Starmie, Pidgeot, Umbreon, Ampharos and Dragonite :mokken:

I'm enjoying SoulSilver so far, although there doesn't seem to be any really fantastic place to train, really >_>

And, Whitney's Demon Cow was as annoying in the remakes as it was in the original games. I LOATHE that thing with a passion.

OMFG, I hated her butch Miltank :rage:

And you have three of my Pokemon :mokken:

A team of Legendaries is cheap, tbh. Would take out the fun of the game. Gonna have Typhlosion, Dragonite, Pidgeot, Vaporeon and Arcanine :ryan: Depending on your level, you can just go and own the Elite Four or train on Mt Silver against the level 40+ Pokemon.

Haven't gotten to that part yet however I am definitely looking forward to it. Surprisingly she didn't give me too many problems in the orginal but it's time to see if she's gotten any more difficult.

I kind of agree about Legendaries. On the positive they are legendaries so of course they have to be cheap or else they would not be called "Legendary". On the negative they are just abused to no end by everyone. They wouldn't be so bad if they weren't always used.

A team of Legendaries is cheap, tbh. Would take out the fun of the game. Gonna have Typhlosion, Dragonite, Pidgeot, Vaporeon and Arcanine

Two Fire Pokémon? D=

I think I could beat all of those with a Starmie. Starmie's a BEAST. Ice Beam + Surf + Psychic + Thunderbolt = <3

Beware the Demon Cow! If you don't have a rock Pokémon...it's a monster D=

legendaries could be cheap,but it depends which one your using,like moltres for example should be ok,any trio are ok imo,if its like groudon and kyogre then thats a problem for rules,670 pokemon except slaking and regigigas are not a problem. im talkin about the same rules as in battle tower.

I've never been much of a Pokémon fan since every generation is pretty much the same thing with a few differences, but I bought SoulSilver and it's fun. Very addictive. <3

I don't have Wi-Fi but if I had I would give you guys my friend code. :(

I'm wandering around Kanto at the moment. Took down Erika with Typhlosion alone, and my Lugia - which is seriously messed up, since its nature favours attack - took down Janine. I just want my damn GB Sounds item!

I dont like pokemon as b4 that i loved it. But im gettin heart gold to find my remaining pokemon that i couldnt find in pearl version,then,i will use the game for battles and maybe trades and voice chatting. So if you ever wanna battle,trade,chat with me ,give me your friend code.

I have Heart Gold...already did a playthrough. all 16 badges, up to the battle with Red. but i didnt like my team, so i was bored and decided to play through again. My team is different than i normally do, which was nice. (Gliscor, Crobat, Gengar, Feraligatr, Arcanine, Magnezone) I just beat the elite four on this play through. I personally love this game, its awesomepie with epicsauce spread all over. :wacky: I reccomend it above every other game. Its addicting as hell.

I just got my 3rd badge now and I see where the name "Demon Cow" comes from. No matter how many times I hit that thing it did not want to give up! Every time I managed to get it's HP down it always uses Milk Drink. Repeat said process over 5 more times then when I nearly kill it, Whitney uses a Super Potion on it then repeat the Milk Drink process again. It took a total of 2 turns of paralysis and 2 critical hits in a row to take that thing down. >_O

I can tell how using a team of legendaries would be considered cheap. xP But some of the coolest Pokémon are legendaries, fortunately Charizard and Lucario aren't. :P

I wish Arcanine was a lot more effective in battle, because I really like that Pokémon, it looked really cool in Pokémon Colosseum, but it didn't look as cool in Pokémon XD: Gale of Darkness or Pokémon Battle Revolution... :/

I went out of town for a few days, and when I went into a Wal-Mart, and looked at the Nintendo DS games in the Electronics section, I didn't see any sign of Pokémon HeartGold/SoulSilver, to them it was like it didn't exist, hope I can at least get a hold of SoulSilver for my birthday. '<_<

I caught Ho-Oh! I was better off not knowing how the game calculated whether or not you catch a Pokemon when you throw a Pokeball at it...not only is the formulae stupidly long and complex, but its also RANDOM. Which makes it feel horrendously cheap and highly aggravating. Example? I spent about half an hour throwing Ultra Balls at a paralyzed Ho-Oh with a fraction of health left. Three attempts later and I caught it with the second Ultra Ball I threw, and it wasn't even paralyzed ._.
Still, three more badges to go - Blaine, Brock and Blue. Going to pace myself, though - I'd like everyone at level 70 before I get all 16 badges. So, lots of training off the Elite 4 to be done before that~
Thinking of starting my HeartGold soon, as well...just to play casually. Although I may leave it a bit longer. Soon I'll be starting dex-filling...farewell, several hundred hours of life. XD

Haha, indeed. I have dedicated hundreds of hours of my life catching, raising, and battling with my Pokémon in the various Pokémon games. :griin:

I think I may have clocked in the most time for Pokémon Diamond, not sure though. :hmmm:

I remember inputting many hours into the first 2 generartions. I completed everything in those said generations though. With the 3rd and 4th I barely touched them after I beat the E4. So much nostalgia in this game but I doubt I will put in anywhere nearly as many hours as I did in the previous generations. I think the series is starting to really wear off on me.

Back