Nintendo Pokémon Heart Gold and Soul Silver

Good luck to those of you who pick Chikorita, you'll be at a HUGE disadvantage for most, if not all, of the gyms, since I don't think there's a water or rock gym :hmmm:

I'm gonna be picking Cyndaquil! I usually always pick the fire Pokémon, and Cyndaquil was the one I picked when I played the originals :yay:

Sweet, so you had Charizard? That's my favourite Pokémon, I'll have to get a Charizard onto my team in this game somehow... :/

This will be a unique Pokémon adventuring experience, it could be the longest lasting Pokémon game yet, with two regions, with all the content and more added for the remake to fit in more recent legendaries from after the original Gold/Silver versions. =P

Mark Just cause we will take Chikorita does not mean we will lose. Remember Chikorita when eveolved into Meganium can learn better moves like eathquake by tm. Also I will just train my Chiko alot cause I wanna try with little cute Chiko this time xD

You guys know that you can get--well, I guess this should be in spoilers, so only look if you're interested in a special in-game feature...

You can get a starter from Kantou and Hoenn at a couple of different points in the game. So I wouldn't let "type" really pre-determine my starter.

And Jill, that's absolutely right. It's not like the team's strength is entirely dependent on the starter, lol. Chikorita users will be fine. I used to use it in the old G/S, and it's worked out in SS thus far too.

Last edited:
I heard the release date is sometime in march, the 14th i think.
Can anyone confirm this? I'm still skeptical about that information.

Amazon (and by extension, Serebii and everywhere else) have the date as March 14th for the U.S., although it hasn't been confirmed anywhere official yet, as far as I know...
...of course, a March release date means the U.K. won't be seeing it until mid-June/July, if we're lucky. Although I'll be importing my copy, so it doesn't bother me when it comes out here. XD

my team's juggernauts are almost always my starter + pikachu (...don't judge me!), with the rest fulfilling roles such as surfer/water, high-def tank, flying, etc...you know one pokemon i've always liked? oddish.

I can not wait to get this! all those hours in diamond and platinum will be multiplied even more in heart gold/soul silver!
Of course i'm sticking to silver while i get gold for my girlfriend.
Always been a silver fan for some reason, dont know why...
But Fire is what I always choose.

oh and just so you know I've got over 200+ hours in Diamond and 100+ in Platinum...
so expect 300 to 400 in Silver from me :P

my team's juggernauts are almost always my starter + pikachu (...don't judge me!), with the rest fulfilling roles such as surfer/water, high-def tank, flying, etc...you know one pokemon i've always liked? oddish.
Actually, Pikachu w/ his Light Ball makes for a great little Glass Cannon. I can't get him to work 100% effective, but he can cause quite the scare now. =]

i had pikachu using moves like seismic toss and whatnot - back then as long as your pokemon was high level and had a strong move it could take out almost anything with a few exceptions. i've only just recently discovered the depth of the move systems and type weaknesses. Gen IV is pretty friggin' complex. Also...it seems like some pokemon were dumbed down to create tiers. If tiers have always existed in the games then I never noticed. Probably 'cause I was just a little kid, heh.

I'm really looking forward to when they are released in the US. I'd have it imported, but I can't read Japanese to save my life :(.

i had pikachu using moves like seismic toss and whatnot - back then as long as your pokemon was high level and had a strong move it could take out almost anything with a few exceptions. i've only just recently discovered the depth of the move systems and type weaknesses. Gen IV is pretty friggin' complex. Also...it seems like some pokemon were dumbed down to create tiers. If tiers have always existed in the games then I never noticed. Probably 'cause I was just a little kid, heh.
Back then, there were no caps on the EVs you could gain (EVs are basically a + stat modifier that raises a stat every time you collect four of that kind), so you could effectively raise a Pikachu to have the same Special as a Charizard as long as you trained the eff out of it.

Every Gen following put a cap on it to where there was basically a limit to the potential your little furries could gain. This, in addition to adding a bunch of other bizzare mechanics to personalize the crap out of each of them. Unfortunately, this meant some became stronger than others, and tiers were forced because of this.

I don't think any kid knew anything about this type of crap. I didn't know about any of this until I jumped on Gen IV (extremely late, I might add). Looking back, no wonder I got my ass kicked in those gameboy tournaments by people way older than I was. I thought Rare Candies were actually beneficial, not hollow levels. =[

yeah, once i read bulbapedia's rare candy description, i sold them off. i see a subliminal message here...don't eat too much candy :)

Yeah, I hear if you eat too much candy, you'll have nightmares. :wacky: Maybe that is what happened with that kid having nightmares in Pokémon Diamond/Pearl/Platinum Versions. xD

I rather level Pokémon up through battling, they develop better. :P

I've been playing a fan-translated version of Soul Silver recently, and I'm totally psyched for the game to be released now. I just beat Whitney and killed off that Demon-Cow on my first try, so I felt rather pleased with myself xD

I want a Water Pokémon though, and apart from Staryu, I can't think of any. I don't think you can catch a Staryu till much later though D=

"Nintendo Europe has announced this morning that the release date for Pokemon Heart Gold and Soul Silver in the UK is 26th March...with the US release on 14th March."

"Nintendo has revealed a new fitness gimmick to accompany the European release of Pokémon HeartGold Version and Pokémon SoulSilver Version in March. The latest games in the massively successful series will come packaged with the Pokéwalker - a pedometer that interacts with the Nintendo DS via infrared. Players can transfer any of their Pokémon into the Pokéwalker and then train them by taking them for an actual walk."

:monster:

The fitness gimmick thing was actually shown or discussed almost as early as the games were. All it really looks like is another one of those Pikachu edition Tamagachi pet things or whatever they were, in which you raised it as a virtual pet.

pokemon060809.jpg

The pokewalker is pretty interesting and so is the new Pokethlon. Will Pokethlon be played online? If so that would be so awesome because now in HG and SS its more than just battles. So I think i ould be fun to have the poketlon online. Also looking forward to battling people on FFF! We should have a tournament! Get ev training people because the games are almost HERE!

i loved gold and silver it was a fun game even though the games story and plot in general has pretty much not changed at all its still a juggernot in the monster breading based game industry.i say that though becuse the goal is always the same beat all 8 gym leaders and get there badge's and beat the elete 4. but every one has been talking about whanting this game for a while.

Now i decided that i will get heart gold,if there will be tounaments in this site then i will gladly participate,of course thats when i beat the game and send my pokemon in from my pearl version. I hope the rules will be fair whoever will host them,tournaments are a good idea. I like double battles, with no uber legends and no substitution.

Back