Pronunciation of Tidus

Teedus or Tiedus?

• Tee-dus

Votes: 18 26.1%
  • Tie-dus

Votes: 51 73.9%

• Total voters
Tee-dus? Never heard that one before. I pronounce it Tie-dus, like the tide. It kind of makes sense since he's, in the beginning at least, all about blitzball.

Over here (in the uk) the name Tidus has been around since shake spear (so I have been told by my mum and my partner's mum.) Me and all my friend's pronounce it Tie-dus... To me Tee-dus sound wrong. It's like on the disk one of the voice actor's pronounced Chocobo as Choke-abo when me and everyone else I know pronounces it Choco-abo. -_- Different folks, have different pokes.

I used to call him Tie-dus but when I watched the Bonus Disc in my friends FFX (I have a platinum edition of the game without the Bonus Disc) I changed my mind because his voice actor clearly says Tee-dus.

It is pronounced Choke-abo and not Choc-abo.

Last edited:
I used to call him Tie-dus but when I watched the Bonus Disc in my friends FFX (I have a platinum edition of the game without the Bonus Disc) I changed my mind because his voice actor clearly says Tee-dus.

It is pronounced Choke-abo and not Choc-abo.

Tie-dus and Choke-abo.

Although spelling it like that is somewhat morbid...

I always pronounce it Tee-dus, but I know that it's really pronounced Tie-dus...since I watch Tidus on comedy central. ^_^

I'va always called him 'Tie-dus', coz his name's to do with water (since he's a gifted blitzball player'... I guess it would make sense that the Japanese pronunciation is 'Tee-dus', but to me that just doesn't sound right!

Back