Replaying FFX

MVP

O
Gil
Finally playing the game again after like 7 years...Feels weird since I haven't played the game in sooooo long, but oh sooooo good. Does anyone else want to join me in doing this? I'm about to leave for the tournament in Luca so I'm about 2 hours into the game only.

We can set goals for per day to reach and play and then the next and on and on.

PS, I never finished the game when I first played it, was close but yeah.

I finished it again just the other month, so I won't be playing it again any time soon, but i'm glad you've decided to play through it again, it's such a great game and I know you'll have fun playing, I hope you finish it this time, which i'm sure you will. If you need any help, feel free to PM me or post in the help section :)

I love replaying this game, probably do it once a year or so. I can just jump in and go. The game never gets old to me until I hit the Calm Lands, and then I usually take a break and come back and finish it.

I might do what you just did

I just completed FFIX a few weeks ago for the first time in like 7 years!

And while I was playing it I totally forgot what's meant to happen and wasn't I glad..............

You almost get to re-live the adventure just as you did when you first played it.

Thanks for suggesting this...............Now I'm gonna (try) stop playing for a few years...........and hopefully re-live the adventure once again as I first did when I first played the game...............Only problem is it's my favourite FF and staying away from it will be real hard.

I wish I could erase my memory of this game and replay it. I started playing again recently, right now I'm in Zanarkand. I forgot how amazing X was, but it starts to slow down when you remember all the tedious work involved with getting the Celestial weapons haha.

Yeah in the start it was a little boring, its getting super fun again and X is really amazing. but I really don't remember a lot of the game, apart from the story of course.

DarkShadow same IX is my favorite too, and of course the story part we will always remember, but playing it is a lot different because you don't remember the scenes exactly and what not.

i finished it somewhere in the summer of 2004, now i can beat it in 1-2 days with (CodeBreaker)

i finished it somewhere in the summer of 2004, now i can beat it in 1-2 days with (CodeBreaker)

oh isn't that just grand

don't you just love people who feel it so important to tell us something completly pointless and get a whole post count for it

anyway

i think over the years i've taken this game on 3 time a full play though
i now only go back to it when i need to talk on forums about it

i don't think i ever did everything in game but i think i have ex 85% of it

Currently doing the same MVP I got to the final battle last time when I was about 12 I believe and then stopped for some weird reason. Currently I have two save files, one about 19 hours in with relative;ly strong characters that I am going to beat Sin with (this morning actually) and another with 56 odd hours on it that I'm gonna start levelling to face the Dark Aeons.

Ohhhhhh I'm feeling the urge to replay this again! I think I shall later today and see if it hooks me again or not. I think I'll use characters I didn't normally use in my other playthroughs, and have actually have a balanced party. :ohshit:

Usual unused characters being Yuna (except when you have to use her) Kimhari, and Rikku. Should be fun.

I beat FFX again about a month ago, and it really did feel kinda weird since it's been a long time since I played. It has one of the most amazing FF storylines ever (which is what should count), but I'm still not all too fond of Tidus. Hm, I thought I'd really like him by now, you know, after all this time. Hrmph, guess you can't get used to everything.

Why would you torture yourself?? JK, It was mostly enjoyable the first time around, though I have to say it has the worst replay value of all the FFs in my opinion.
The thing that gets me though, is that people hold the story of it so high as if it's the holy bible or something. When really, there are other FFs that beat it by a landslide..

^^I kind of agree with you, but the story is also well done imo. Maybe it was that it was one of the first ones I played in the series, or one of the ones I always think about when not gaming, but I absolutely love the story. Hence why I am replaying it, just passing through Kilika....slaying some Ochu Lords.:highfive:

Now that I think of it, FFX is probably my favorite Final Fantasy. I got to the fight with
Sin
last time but quit right after that. I was thinking about renting the game again, but it just kills me inside to not own this amazing game...
The first time I played FF10 it felt like I was dreaming the best dream I ever had. I couldn't believe a game could be so good. The second time, not as good, but still an awesome game. If only you could erase your memory of it and relive the game over and over...
It might not be convenient to go through with me since I can only rent it, but if you decide to I might be able to start soon.

Finally playing the game again after like 7 years...Feels weird since I haven't played the game in sooooo long, but oh sooooo good. Does anyone else want to join me in doing this? I'm about to leave for the tournament in Luca so I'm about 2 hours into the game only.

We can set goals for per day to reach and play and then the next and on and on.

PS, I never finished the game when I first played it, was close but yeah.

Hey! Im game! Ill be glad to play again!

I just stopped it one or two months ago, is because I'm getting a real headache trying to get everyone ultimate weapons, especially wakka where you have to win lots of blitzball tournament.

I played FF10 again over the summer, but got mad after I couldn't beat the lighting doge thing and the chocobo balloon thing. Two much aggravation for me to continue.

But I still love it to death, and seeing the story again was really nice.

Back