ruby and emerald weapons

i still havent beat them.... they are so hard... i wish they didint have 1 mil hp... allittle too much...

They are very EASY! I deafeted them without 7777 mode, because every my attack was for 9999.>_<

godd i have been without a first disc for this game for soo long i desperately need to buy it back so i can kill these 2 cause i never have before.

I didn't have a problem with Emerald it was Ruby I had a problem with.

*On a side note: Why does everyone say the dark aeons were hard? I've beaten X 3 times through now and I swear not once have I ever had a hard time against them.

godd i have been without a first disc for this game for soo long i desperately need to buy it back so i can kill these 2 cause i never have before.
You dont need the first disc really. Just build your characters up and get the underwater materia to make it easier on yourself, if you get the KOTRT materia there should be no problem here at all when you get your everlasting life materia wotever thats called, and keep mimicking the KOTR materia :)

Yes I have to agree, Emerald and Ruby weapons are extremely difficult to defeat.

It took me like 50 times with constant materia and strategy changes to actually beat Emerald weapon, he was tough!, and when he uses "Air Tam Storm" which instantly annihilates everyone (unless it misses.)

I still have yet to defeat Ruby weapon, now this battle--my god:blink:--how on earth am I supposed to do this?, he sucks up two of your characters at the beginning of battle and his basic attack does like 6000, not to mention his tentacles are trying to kill you too. Anyone have any strategies for beating him?

Actually, they are easy if you arm yourself with the right kind of materia.(Preferably mastered.) Final Attack, Command Counter and Magic Counter. Knights of the Round is almost required. And Ultimate Limit breaks for the frosting on top. I'd say for me, it would either be Omega off of FF5 or Ozma on FF9 to be the toughest bosses because no matter how hard you level up, they will cut you down. Unless you reach Lv60 on FF5.

ok let me put it this way the first boss in any game is harder then both put together if you know how to fight them i have a immortal way to beat them it is called final attack phenix revives all men and hurts them

Yeah... what a lovely little suprise Emerald Weapon was. He's pretty harmless until you ram him with your sub. Heck, if I just got attacked from behind by a sub, I'd fight back too! Can't quite tell you yet about Ruby as I have not strayed into the desert for that reason.

mime=counter materia combo. do omni slash liek 1 billion times :)

or kotr-mime equipped to all wait th one up abouv should be

haste to cloud
hero drink to cloud
counter-mime omnislash 9999 9999 9999 x 500,000 time lol should kill it

Last edited:
I was surprised by the difference in difficulty between the two to be honest. Emerald WEAPON is easy provided you have the underwater materia and fairly high leveled characters (or KotR of course) but Ruby WEAPON was in a class of it's own. For starters fighting with just one party member is difficult and it's attacks do a lot of damage.

And since i'm bored here are some vids of people defeating Ruby WEAPON:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ECxKvrW6KqI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Sz1TMa2AXo&mode=related&search=

I don't remember Ruby being as Godly as you lot are saying, but he was extremely hard. The first weapon I finally defeated was Emerald, who I thought was a bitch. Then I fought and beat Ruby. The obsticles that made Ruby harder was the Whirlsand attack that you had to outsmart to keep all your members and then after that you had the tenticles; Ruby had hired help! But when you did get your strategy going and kept the rythem flowing then he didn't seem so impossible. You just had to wait for him to start flashing red before he did something devastating and killed you. Oh, wasn't it a nice feeling when Ruby and Emerald started to flash red eh. My eyes were popping out my head. When I beat Emerald I think I woke my bro from his sleep and started to rave about it!!! lol!!

The weapons are easy once you know how to beat them. In my opinion the dark aeons are the hardest.

What are you talking about I didn't find the dark aeons hard, well I did have Anima trained really good so that definitely benifited greatly. And didn't everyone have Auto-life during that battle?

:dry:

Okay, I have tried both Ruby and Emerald and I can safely say that I cannot beat either one of them. I had Final Attack paired with Phoenix as well as Knights of Round and the Underwater materia for Emerald, and they're just too freaking hard! They're about like The final boss of the FFX Battle Arena; the one that you have to pay 25,000 gil for. I never beat him, either. But I'm not quite as hardcore about this game as a lot of others are.

in final fantasy the only hard enimys are the ones you make hard now the weapons if you set your charactors right you will never lose

Back