South Africa 2010

Er...though I agree that the decision to disallow that USA goal was a bad one, I really don't think the referee 'wanted' USA to not win. Bad decisions happen sometimes I'm afraid. Great game though.

And Group D is wide open after Germany's defeat, though again that was marred by a rather harsh red card for Klose. But the goals are starting to come now, hope it continues.

Amen, Kaylee. Amen. On top of that, Findley getting suspended for a phantom handball was just as bad. That referee should never work another World Cup Final. Period.

I just watched Slovenia and USA and it was a really good game. It was a tough one Usa were getting their asses kicked but then came back and settled the score 2-2. In other news Italy vs Nz on sunday :gasp:

Nah, the ball hit Findley's hand for sure, but it was totally accidental off his head. That shouldn't even be a card. I don't understand how you can even pull a card. It wasn't intentional. At most it should've been a talking to or a foul.

Nah, the ball hit Findley's hand for sure, but it was totally accidental off his head. That shouldn't even be a card. I don't understand how you can even pull a card. It wasn't intentional. At most it should've been a talking to or a foul.

From what I saw it went square onto his shoulder. Never saw a hand anywhere near it.

Either way it was no booking. Those were two bizarre decisions. I think in terms of general performance though the referee in the Germany v Serbia game was worse, he handed out cards like sweets.

so once the goals start to arrive, the standard of referees decline. never a perfect sport, football.

The Germany result was surprising, but Podolski wasn't at his best. Marin and Cacau might as well have stayed on the bench too, made the team worse if anything.

It doesn't seem that England finishing first will definately avoid a clash against the Germans in the next round now.

Well. That was unexpected. I thought Group C was supposed to be E-A-S-Y? U.S. controls their own destiny on Wednesday. A win and they are in. A win combined with an England win over Slovenia could possibly give them the group, depending on differential. Though if England hopes to beat Slovenia, they'll have to play much, much better than they did today.

GROUP C
Nation . . . . . . . . . W . . L . . D . . Pts . . GF . . GA . . GD
Slovenia . . . . . . . . 1 . . 0 . . 1 . . . 4 . . . 3 . . . 2 . . +1
United States . . . . .0 . . 0 . . 2 . . . 2 . . . 3 . . . 3 . . .0
England . . . . . . . . .0 . . 0 . . 2 . . . 2 . . . 1 . . . 1 . . .0
Algeria . . . . . . . . . 0 . . 1 . . 1 . . . 1 . . . 0 . . . 1 . . .-1

GROUP D
Germany . . . . . . . .1 . . 1 . . 0 . . . 3 . . . 4 . . . 1 . . . +3
Ghana . . . . . . . . . 1 . . 0 . . 0 . . . 3 . . . 1 . . . 0 . . . +1
Serbia . . . . . . . . . 1 . . 1 . . 0 . . . 3 . . . 1 . . . 1 . . . .0
Australia . . . . . . . .0 . . 1 . . 0 . . . 0 . . . 0 . . . 4 . . . -4

I am sorely disappointed with England tonight. Having David James in goal was probably the best thing for us tonight. Again, they put Crouch on too late and it didn't have much of an impact. They played worse than last week and it's pissed me right off. Hopefully, they'll be on top form for next week's game against Slovenia or else we're out.

Crouch wouldn't have done anything even if he started. The deliveries from the wings weren't there. Lennon managed one decent cross all game, and that was it. Rooney is playing far too deep, and Gerrard is lost out on the left wing (as he always there). Joe Cole to start against Slovenia?

England vs Algeria 0-0!!!!!!

Really since we qualified everyone got there hopes uo that we was going to win.............We went into the torunement with high hopes thinking we'll get into at least the final.............Now where struggling to even qualify for the knock out stages:gasp:..........And our confidence have gone real down.........:wtf:

On todays match everyone really played bad............I expected more from rooney we should of played Defoe earlier........Gerrard was dissapointing too........We needed more fire and pace.........Shoulda got walcott!!!!!!

So will this wind up being another 1986/1990 for England, or will it be Euro 92 all over again? I still see them sneaking out of the group by beating Slovenia but they'll have to up their game in Round 2 big time if they do - Germany, Serbia and even Ghana will be a lot tougher opposition than Algeria.

I'm quite enjoying the England performances.

Calling the group "E.A.S.Y.", Alan Shearer saying that England would easily get the next 6 points, a news woman saying King was hit or miss for the quarter finals... and all the other nonsense of that nature.

The media think England are much better than they actually are. I think the players might do as well.

I wish they were more humble and actually established themselves as a consistent team before they dream about winning the World Cup only 2 years after not even being able to qualify for the Euros.

Credit to Algeria though. They looked much better than England and deserved more than a point IMO.

Calling the group "E.A.S.Y."

Yeah that was The Sun newspaper the day after the draw was made (and sneeringly referring to the USA as 'Yanks' to boot), you can bet they're sweating over that headline now.

Considering Slovenia only has two million people, it would be a huge achievement for them to make the next round if they do so, especially over England.

EDIT:

Australia and Ghana was good, I think Australia might have won it if it weren't for Kewell's handball and red card.

This Denmark v Cameroon game has the advantage of both teams needing to win. It's an odd one though, periods of tedium punctuated by periods of mad action, with some relly bad defensive mistakes (especially for the Cameroon goal). But the mistakes have helped make the game interesting, and Cameroon look a lot better compared to the team that lost to Japan.
[/font]

Last edited:
Cameroon becomes the first team to be eliminated. Disappointing really, as they had plenty of opportunities to put goals on the board. They could have easily come away with 4 tonight.

GROUP D
Ghana . . . . . . . . . 1 . . 0 . . 1 . . . 4 . . . 2 . . . 1 . . . +1
Germany . . . . . . . .1 . . 1 . . 0 . . . 3 . . . 4 . . . 1 . . . +3
Serbia . . . . . . . . . 1 . . 1 . . 0 . . . 3 . . . 1 . . . 1 . . . .0
Australia . . . . . . . .0 . . 1 . . 1 . . . 1 . . . 1 . . . 5 . . . -4

GROUP E
Netherlands . . . . . .2 . . 0 . . 0 . . . 6 . . . 3 . . . 0 . . .+3
Japan . . . . . . . . . .1 . . 1 . . 0 . . . 3 . . . 1 . . . 1 . . . 0
Denmark . . . . . . . .1 . . 1 . . 0 . . . 3 . . . 2 . . . 3 . . .-1
Cameroon. . . . . . . 0 . . 2 . . 0 . . . 0 . . . 1 . . . 3 . . .-2

Yep, chances are nice, but they only count if you put them in the net. Cameroon dug themselves a hole as it was by playing poorly against Japan, and their defense was suspect all night against the Danes. So no one to blame but themselves there.

Viva Azzurri. Though I'm more looking forward to the Brazil-Cote d'Ivoire match myself. I'm hoping Drogba starts, which should give the Brazilians a good test.

I wouldn't be too surprised if we managed a draw against Italy, they're probably the most defensive of any of the teams that can be considered 'good'. And Italy aren't in very good form either and they're old etc etc they certainly won't win.

I'm sure Lucio will be able to handle Drogba, he managed to against Chelsea, and Chelsea are a lot better than the Ivory Coast.

My blood and lungs roar for the great match tomorrow with Italy, supposeldy they shall have no probllem with a team like new zealand,that team seems not be equal like that of italy,spain,or brazil.But anyways,good luck italy!

Back