The Gunblade

In my opinion, the best weapon ever devised. :P
Other than Cloud's Buster Sword, I think it's one of the more recognized swords out in the world of fantasy. :P

I thought it was a good compromise between ranged and close-contact, really. I actually thought you had the chance of actually firing it once.
Sore disappointment.
But nevertheless, I think the weapon is awesome, quite unique, and quite fitting for Squall.

It reminded me of a bayonet...just...with a pistol for a head instead of a rifle. It was kind of a goofy design to me, but I did like it. I just...can't for the life of me seem to figure out where the bullets come out. =\

Does it even fire bullets, or rather, was there any point in the game where the Gunblade actually fired something out of the revolver? :huh:
Well, I had this notion that it did everytime you connected with the R1 button boost, but maybe that's not it.

all the gun part does is make the weapon do more damage as a whole. probbably puts more power in the swing.

Ah well, I was expecting as much.

But it would've been cooler if it actually fired some shots as well, what with a combined shot or combined attack limit or something, would've been better.
Probably cooler, but then again, Irvine already specializes in long range.

Then what makes the gunblade so different from regular swords?
Other than aesthetically, of course.

Idk I thought the whole point of a bayonet type weapon was that you could do close and mid/long range combat with it. You could only do close range damage with the gunblade; which ruins the "gun" aspect.

Yeah, they should've included some battles where you could only fight ranged, that way, they could've enhanced the gun aspect of it too.
Like in X where you had to battle Wyrm. =\

Yeah, so now I have mixed feelings about the Gunblade. :P

another theory i heard was that the gun part caused the blade to vibrate in a manner that as it cuts into something it will move side to side along as up and down. or something like that.

I say that it was not the sword it was the way you play whit it in the game that what i think about the sword.

Actually it did shoot, just not long distance. That's what your "trigger" command is. You can set it to auto or manual but when you attack right when your sword his the mob you can hit R1 I think and Squall shoots and slices the mob at the same time, that's how it's suppose to work. But if you set it to auto it acts as a crit the controller vibrates and the hit looks harder. Also with the Lionheart the first sword when you use your limit break "Rangeketsu" or whatever it's called if you have it set to "Manual" their is a gage and when he swings and the bar goes across the screen you are suppose to hit R1 at the exact time and your limit break is stronger.

I like gunblades^_^and they were real weapons( I saw one, but they are extremely rare). The original ones were made in Belgium, and used by the Confederate Army during the Civil war. I wish they had truely working ones still, but the closest I have seen so far is a working costume blade that some company online has,

Yea it was great idea, even Cloud don't have it I think he's jelous!
Anyway the idea of keeping the gunblades all the time with diffrents shapes is great and original, and I think that this is what gaves SE the idea of Clouds first Tsurugi or w/e it is!

Gunblades were really cool. Someday I will but the replicas of seifers and squalls.

It's a pussy weapon. Anyone who needs to have a long-range one hit kill weapon in a Fantasy game needs to check his DNA tests, find out who their real father is, and go punch him in the neck for not having big enough balls to use a melee weapon in a FF game.

Use a sword for crying out loud you pussy.

:rolleyes:

I like the Gunblade a lot, it's a very unique and original looking weapon that can become very powerful as well. Lionheart is truly awesome, it's very handy against boss battles. It would easily be one of my favorite weapons in the series. =]

I love gunblades. But those that shoot too. The one Yazoo was carrying in Advent Children was awesome. Squall's gunblade is cool too(especially the lionheart).

It's a pussy weapon. Anyone who needs to have a long-range one hit kill weapon in a Fantasy game needs to check his DNA tests, find out who their real father is, and go punch him in the neck for not having big enough balls to use a melee weapon in a FF game.

Use a sword for crying out loud you pussy.

I think I just fell in love with you, Busta XD It can one-hit kill things? At the minute, for me, it doesn't even do 100 damage ...

Back