Ultimate Weapons

Hayate

Best I Never Had...
Veteran
Gil
Were the ultimate weapons hard to achieve? Did you find all the items with ease or was it diffulcult for you? Explain and talk about the Ultimate wepons here.

I got the Lionheart, Save the Queen, Ergheiz and Irvine's Ultimate wep (w/e it is called) and yeah i spent some time looking for the items, but I finally got them :D

I got all of the ultimate weapons. I don't remember it being all that hard to collect the items but it did take a little bit of time.

and Irvine's Ultimate wep (w/e it is called)

I think it was called the Exeter.

Yeah, that's it.

As for me, I got all of them except Selphie's. =/.

They were diffulcult to get if you didn't know where to find the items at. I had alittle help. The Island Closest to Hell/Heaven was hardddd but that's where I got alot of my items from.

I don't know if I got all of the ultimate weapons but I do believe I got most of them the first time I played. I definitely got Squall, Zell and Rinoa's because they were the characters I always used in battle lol. I think I got Quistis' as well with a lot of difficulty. I hate trying to get Malboro tentacles because those stupid things inflict several status ailments on your party. It's hard to get away from them after that! >_<

I think it was called the Exeter.

That's the one. I never used Quistis though, since Squall, Irvine and Selphie were my top team. And if someone wonders, I used Selphie only for Full-Cure in the final fight against Ultimecia when she does Hell's Judgement. Great.

Lol. Well, I could never use Rinoa. She seems too weak, that attack annoys me.

Anywho, Getting Quistis' weapon is quite annoying. I just Mugged and ran for my life.

It took me forever to gather up Energy Crystals, until I found out about that guy in Esthar that turns into an Elnoyle or something.

Malboro tentacles can be a pain also.

But I think the fact that all you do is collect items, whereas in other Final Fantasies, you have to complete quests, getting ultimate weapons in FFVIII is really just a very rewarding fetch-quest.

In FFVIII it was quite easy to obtain the weapons unlike in X where you had to do various missions and quests. =p.

I thought the whole remodelling system for weapons was too easy. Of course, in some cases there were some items that were difficult to get, but they weren't overly challenging. Quistis had the hardest in this case; Malboro Tentacles were a bastard to get.

Some of the ultimate weapons were a pain to get just cause of the items needed. I found Quitis easy after i juntioned Pain and Ensua to stat defense. Also of course Odin came nearly everytime I fought a Malboro. Only other time consuming was Squall and Irvine because of the energy crystals, though i got them in extra stock soon afterwards for the pulse ammo, everyone else's was quite easy.

I've got the Lionheart, Shooting Star, Exter and AZell's weapon(I dunno how it is called). They were very easy to obtain ...^_^

I went straight from their basic weapons to their ultimate weapons. I thought the process of how you were suppose to create them was cool... but it was also a pain in the ass.

The way I got the Malboro Tentacles was by having Mug and Initiative equipped to the same person. Mug it straight away and then run. It took a while to get enough, but it worked.

I've never bothered to get the Lionheart on disc one yet. I imagine that I'd get very bored and frustrated with it pretty fast.

The only challenge I remember having, was trying to gather enough Energy Crystals for some of the best weapons upgrades. It’s been a while, but I remember leveling up and beating the crap out of a bunch of Ruby Dragons for them. Anyway, it took a while, but I eventually got what was needed.

the only weapons that i found hard to get were save the queen (quistis) & and rinoas shooting star, not because i found it HARD but i could NEVER get them ruby dragons to drop energy crystals for me hardly EVER, | spent so much time refining elnoyle cards it drove me mad.......

The way I got the Malboro Tentacles was by having Mug and Initiative equipped to the same person. Mug it straight away and then run. It took a while to get enough, but it worked.

I've never bothered to get the Lionheart on disc one yet. I imagine that I'd get very bored and frustrated with it pretty fast.

Everytime i got into a battle with one of those critters i'd reset it until Odin made an appearance and killed it for me. Other than that it was refining 4 marlboro cards to get them, but the odin way is actually suprisingly easy....

Last edited:
the hardest part was actually encountering the monsters that had the items needed, because they were just so damn rare. it took me a few days or so to obtain the ultimate weapons. the weapons were hardest to get in FFX, and ultima weapon from FFIX took me some time to get.

It was an interesting way to get weapons, though some were a pain to make, but I guess that's what makes it interesting, if it was too easy it would be dumb.

I think I got almost all the Ultimate weapons the last time I played it, the main party's for sure( Squall, Zell, Rinoa).

Back