Vaan too whimpy?

Is vaan really to whimpy?

• Total voters

Chocobo God

Try and catch me...
Gil
I thought Vaan was a whimp. He's a little kid for cryin out loud! He is always whinin and moanin. He isnt half as cool as cloud or squall. >_< . What do you think about Vaan?

He looks nearly as soft and whimpy as Tidus. He(Vaan) still has pretty good stats. I think Squares goal was to REALLY get across that he was just a kid forced into an extraordinary situation.

Last edited:
WOAH WOAH dont call Tidus whimpy Tidus looked cooler and more laid back in FFX unlike Vaan whose b***s havent even dropped!!!! I mean in this game it seemed like Square-Enix didnt even try very hard story line was small and side line was immense....ummm other way around guys!!!!! also the graphic design on some characters has horribly done like Vaan and his body was horribly designed and it looks like he has thread for hair!!!! They also didnt have enough cinematic stuff unlike the previous like 4 (FFVII FFVIII FFIV FFX) i mean it was just a money release for them!!!!

You can't really compare him to Squall or Cloud.
He's a kid with a dream. I didn't find him whiney, just curious and such.
Yeah, he was a little annoying when he was going on about his brother, but who wouldn't?
I don't know.. I liked him. His nose pissed me off though.

Lol. Tidus is pretty much Vaan but older. but yes, vaan does have a bigger nose.:eek:hnoyoudidnt: Tidus is more snappy though.<_<

Its not that he was wimpy but his character design (phisical) was poorly done. His body structure was horrible chest and stomach muscles, his hair looks like his bald and has a comb over etc... Tidus was cool in the sense that he was designed as that superstar player who grew into a warrior!! Squall and Cloud are uncomparable to any characters cuz they were the bad mama jamma of good guys along with Auron!! I think from FFXII the cool character was Balthier!!!!

If you think Vaan was wimpy, check out the guy who did Vaan's voice: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0002810/ ;)

Anyway, I'm kind of in between on Vaan being wimpy or not. He was wimpy, but I think he was an improvement over Tidus (see the voice of Tidus: http://www.nerf-herders-anonymous.net/images/JamesArnoldTaylor.jpg)

I would say that James Arnold Taylor (the voice of Tidus) would beat up on Bobby Edner (voice of Vaan) though. Maybe that should be a new poll: battle of the voice overs :)

Just for comparison sake, let's look at the voice of Cloud Strife (from Kingdom Hearts/Advent Children): http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0123733/. He would dominate all, hands down. Kind of funny how the voice overs kinda look like the characters.

PS - This post went off topic real quick, I apologize.

Its not that he was wimpy but his character design (phisical) was poorly done. His body structure was horrible chest and stomach muscles, his hair looks like his bald and has a comb over etc... Tidus was cool in the sense that he was designed as that superstar player who grew into a warrior!! Squall and Cloud are uncomparable to any characters cuz they were the bad mama jamma of good guys along with Auron!! I think from FFXII the cool character was Balthier!!!!

I would agree with you on the Balthier character was the best out of the FFXII series. Vaan...even though he did seem a bit wimpy, that was only because he really didn't A. Know what was going on and B. Ever been out of Rabnastre.

I donno i think basch might be a little more tough than bathier was. He had been through wars actually not just being a sky pirate but i dunno its a close race. O yes and nice firez=Z i saw the comparason :). Do you think the cloud guy is in the army?

I donno i think basch might be a little more tough than bathier was. He had been through wars actually not just being a sky pirate but i dunno its a close race. O yes and nice firez=Z i saw the comparason :). Do you think the cloud guy is in the army?

But remember this, there's more to Balthier's character than Basch's ever will be.

Squall and Cloud are uncomparable to any characters cuz they were the bad mama jamma of good guys

I don't know why but this quote just sent me into fits of giggles :lmao: Thanks for that

I don't know why but this quote just sent me into fits of giggles :lmao: Thanks for that

well at least someone gotta a laugh out of my uncomparable humor!!!

BTW wat do the voice actors of the characters have to do with the characters themselves I mean its not like they find the voice and then do the character other way around. also the american voice over from japense always sucks big salty sweety ballz u should hear Jap Tidus and then say sumthin!!!!

(Always like this American voice overs kill the characters, games, anime, movies) its a rule!!!!

well at least someone gotta a laugh out of my uncomparable humor!!!

BTW wat do the voice actors of the characters have to do with the characters themselves I mean its not like they find the voice and then do the character other way around. also the american voice over from japense always sucks big salty sweety ballz u should hear Jap Tidus and then say sumthin!!!!

(Always like this American voice overs kill the characters, games, anime, movies) its a rule!!!!

Gotta agree with you on that except for maybe like, a FEW voice overs LOL! And yeah, I thought I was going to snort soda through my nose! :lmao: That just totally caught me off-guard. I love that quote and now refer to Cloud as "my bad mama jamma" :lolz:

Mamma Jamma? is it just me or are we gettin off topic? geez mamma jamma...<_< I dunno what that even means..

I..hated vaan, he was the character that I didn't like in my party when I was training. Vaan=Whimp.

Back