What did you think of the Draw System?

Personally after having completed the game numerous times, i don't think it adds any ammount of skill to the game. It is a pain when first starting off but I believe it allows you to customise your characters in a way not available in any previous Final Fantasy games to my knowledge.

The only thing I do not like about the "Draw System" is that unless your successful in the attempt to extract the magic from an enemy you have wasted a turn and get nothing.

I didn't really mind as much. I usually use the "Draw" system in order to improve my characters' stats in the junctioning section. It was kinda time consuming, I suppose...but bleh, it was still unique. And I like things that are unique. ^_^

I think the system was a perfect match for the game, and a unique attempt for a battle system, but I'm hoping it was a one-time only use. I like seeing it being experiemtned with, but there are so many other battle systems and such that I have liked better in the FF series.

I liked the draw system.
It was a little too easy, but still fun. ^_^

I have mixed feelings about the draw system. On one hand it was great to be able to customize your characters. In the beginning of the game, Selphie became a badass because I had so much curaga junctioned to one of her stats.

On the other hand, sometimes it could be quite tedius especially at the beginning of the game when you are only getting one or two draws each. And it also sucked when you couldn't use that magic because it was junctioned, unless you wanted your character to get weaker.

I have mixed feelings about the draw system. On one hand it was great to be able to customize your characters. In the beginning of the game, Selphie became a badass because I had so much curaga junctioned to one of her stats.

On the other hand, sometimes it could be quite tedius especially at the beginning of the game when you are only getting one or two draws each. And it also sucked when you couldn't use that magic because it was junctioned, unless you wanted your character to get weaker.

I know, that totally ruined it.
Not to mention that if you spend enough time leveling up shiva, ifrit, and quezacotle, you can have plenty of firaga, blizzaga, and thundaga spells within the first few hours that you play. O_O

When you're in the heat of battle, Draw = ANNOYING. Especially when the person you're facing has a GF... I've missed out on GFs cause I was too busy keeping my party alive instead of concentrating on "Drawing" so... it was a let down in that field.

But, in random battles... it's okay I suppose. ;P And when you see draw points... =] *quite happy cause she found a hidden draw point*

Yeah, it was fun scouting the world for hidden draw points.
And it was even more fun refining magic. ^_^

I have always liked the draw system, except for how time consuming it could be. There's nothing better than having 100 deaths junctioned to your attack, and 100 hastes to your speed, such a great combo

Omg yes. Refining was so funnnnn.
You feel so acomplished when you max someone's stats with magic. ^_^

enjoyed it whenever i saw a ???? draw from a new creature
always so disappointed when it turned out to scan or another useless spell...lol

refineing items was cool as well
and i liked tonberrys shop abilities
if you junction ultima to your attack then its the best

Omg I almost wet myself when I finally refined all of my cards. You get things like megalixers, heroes, accellorators, EVERYTHING! ^_^

lol but poor cards :(
i kept my cards and i have a cute little star next to it
the character cards are best since you get the best items from them

Yes I never want to let them go, but when you enter ultimecia's castle, its great to have some of those refined items. ^_^

oh well yes only when you enter ultimecias castle
those hero drinks from lagunas card is good
poor cards :(

Back