What team do you use?

My favorite party, and also my party for the Soul Shrine:

Shadow
Sabin
Relm
Gogo

I used Gogo, because he just automatically has all spells (since Sabin knows all spells for me). And I can passively train him since he can't equip Espers.

Sabin has a Strength of 128, so I give him Master's Scroll (No, I don't use Genji Glove. I give him Paladin Sheild.)
Shadow has Speed of 128. ==>> OMFG!!! I attack first every battle, and sometimes can go 2 or 3 attacks with him in between a single attack by an enemy.
Relm has Magic Pwr 128 because she's a magic beast already! Curaga spell targeting whole party heals everyone 9999.
Gogo has everything.

My whole party knows quick, curaga, arise, reraise, and ultima. IMO the only spells you need endgame. And of course, they all have celestriads equipped.

My party usually changes as the game progresses:
Beginning:
Locke (stealing)
Edgar (auto xbow, flash, bio blaster, drill, chainsaw)
Sabin (blitzes are rather powerful...aren't they)
Terra (sabin and edgar can get through magic weak enemies (flash and all blitzes) but she's here for some mass healing capabilites)

After Magitek and Stuff (getting Terra back, etc)
Locke (stealing, now he's somewhat useful because his attack is a bit better)
Terra (magic power is top notch)
Sabin (blitzes don't cost mp, wish they did more damage though)
Gau (rages are now pretty dang useful for plenty of situations. plus, we can just have him use magic as well. a little unstable, but he plays his tricks rather nicely)

World of Ruin/After Getting MOST people before doing heavy side quests)
Sabin (Bum Rush, very sturdy with insane amounts of hp)
Celes (she's got loads of magic to boot, can equip Minerva)
Terra (magic power and morph always help, she and Celes have the Minerva armor)
Mog/Setzer/Shadow (Mog has the Moogle Charm that helps in magic tower and grabbing some quick chests in the Final Dungeon, Setzer gains Fixed Dice as a result which can be very useful for damage, Shadow can use the thiefknife if I need stealing since I don't have locke)

World of Ruin (After getting Everyone and Finishing All Side Quests, Basically at the final Dungeon)
Locke (stealing still.../valiant knife = very nice damage/good speed and decent magic pwr after some grinding)
Terra (decent defense/hp/attack stats, uber magic power, minerva, uber mblock)
Relm/Gau (I don't always need another uber magic user, but they can use plenty of other skills that can be utilized, Relm has uber mblock and when i don't need stability, Gau is somewhat of a jack of all trades)
Setzer (Fixed Dice+Offering, not too bad at healing when i need it)

I hardly use Umaro because while Gau is somewhat unstable, you can at least tell him what Rage to use (or not use Rage and leave him as a heal/buffer). Gogo isn't what I'm really looking for except in a few boss fights or doubling gem box. Cyan is just too slow and takes too much damage from magic even if dispatch helps for a while. Shadow requires some money to have throw dealing some nice damage and has problems catching up. Strago's Lores take a while to get and he comes late, hindering some usefulness without some major grinding.

My favourite party is:

Terra: Atma Weapon, Force Equipment [Gold Hairpin + Earring(s)] - amazing magic and with enough HP, awesome physical strikes. Also, Esper, hello? :P And near 100% magic evasion with her force equipment

Locke: Thief Knife + Wing Edge [Genji Glove]

Sabin: [insert names of two strongest claws] I forgot the names <.< [Offering + Genji Glove] = win forever. Also, Bum Rush 8D

Edgar: Illumina (?) + Cursed Shield [Ribbon] - currently trying to get the paladin shield for ultima. Also, it sort of balances out the awesome weapon he has.

Other commonly used characters:

Celes
Relm
Shadow

Sabin-Favorite Character
Gau-Love his random abilities
Edgar-TOOLS, Noise Blaster always a big help
..... Toss up after that really.

I keep meaning to play it and use a team I never ever use. But by the time I get that far, I just have so much fun playing the team I like. I still have to get around to that.

I'm intending to use Celes, Edgar, Sabin, Shadow as my main team, as they're all kick ass, and theyre my highest levelled characters too.

Currently training everyone though outside Miranda atm. I have in my current team...Terra, Mog, Setzer, Locke.

Currently My Party

Locke Lv58 Lightbringer,Paladin's Shield,Genji helm, genji armor,Celestraid,Soul of Thamasa ( I made Locke be an all-around powerhouse i taught him all magic spells and gave him amazing evasion/magic evasion stats so he never usually gets touched ever)

Edgar Lv57 Holy Lance,Aegis Shield,Royal Crown,Crystal Mail Dragoon Boots, Dragon Horn (Edgar is mostly just good at physical attacks)

Terra Lv53 Apocalypse, Force Shield, Red Cap, Force Armor, Master's Scroll, Miracle Shoes (Trance Mode = AMAZING nuff said)

Gogo Lv57 Scorpion Tail, Force Shield, Red Cap, Force Armor,Ribbon,Miracle Shoes (I just give him/her the magic ability and item ability)

My party is currently Celes, Edgar, Sabin and Setzer. They are not too spectacular or anything but they they job done for me in world or ruin, I am about to get Relm now to see how it works out for me but I don't understand how Cyan is the worst character in the game when he has his sword techs.

My main party was:
Terra
Edgar
Sabin
Locke
Though I would Occasionally substitute Locke for Celes, Shadow and (rarely) Cyan.

Umaru--\
(i made these 2 work as pairs
Gogo---/-(depended on what kind of position i was in, he was ususally replaced Umaru or Gogo by Edgar w/atma weapon and another of my choice, usually duplicated atma)

Setzer-lead (when available)
Terra

My team consists of the best characters of course >

Terra

Edgar
Celes

Setzer

and thats all, ^-^ I hate Locke (He's annoying as they come), Sabin (too beefy bleh) and the rest. They don't match up to Those four at all. Terra and Edgar especiall, they are so cute togeher :mark:

I pretty much always had Terra in my party, at least when the game allowed for it. Other than that sometimes I'd rotate the characters, although some I didn't use much or at all (like Gau, he was only level 34 when Terra got to I think level 55).

I used party like this when i finished FFVI:

Edgar -> For his tools. Edgar is easy to level up and he does good damage.
Sabin -> For his Blitz.
Terra -> She has good magic, just spammed ultima. :P
Shadow -> His throwing ability was good against Kefka and bosses before him.

When i start playing VI again, i will use: Edgar, Celes, Setzer and Gogo/Sabin or Locke.

Terra
Edgar
Shadow
Cyan
ff6_logo-1.jpg

Last edited:
I learned to balance out my party but mostly use Cyan, Gau, Locke, Terra, Sabin or Celes.

I focused a lot on Celes, Edgar and Sabin.. So..

Celes
Edgar
Sabin
-Variable-

Mainly, with Celes, Edgar and Sabin in my party, it was already enough to earn a victory... I trained them more than i did for other characters.

Sabin -
actions speak louder than words, he does absurd amounts of damage when hes levelled up, bums rush is his best attack.
Cyan -
i just like him as a character, quadra slice does loads of damage but it takes a while to get the bar up to 7.
Edgar -
His tools are the best thing going at the start of the game and his drill attack is usefull way into the later battles.
Celes - strong magic user and has the ability runic which is a life saver in certain situations. Give her a weapon and she does decent damage aswell.

Never have used relm gau or the mime guy i find relm too weak to be honest. Gau i can never remember which attack does what. And the mime was just a big poof.

Well considering the vast array of playable characters it was never easy choosing who to use the final party I used, and coincidentally the party I prefer is made up of:

Tina
Edgar
Cyan
Celes

I think that aside from having really cool characters this party is suited for head-on fighting, well as far as my gaming experience was concerned it really gave the enemies a run for their money.

Back