What's the worst Final Fantasy game?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Random character from IX:

Vivi. He is a prototype Black Mage produced by Kuja and Queen Brahne before the game began. He was pretty much a failure by their standards as he was able to 'live', and not be a mindless killing machine. He is processed by combining Kuja's Black Magic and the souls of those Kuja has killed. He had no place in the world and no family, and no true place to call home.

His fate was originally to be a killing machine. He rose against his counterparts, the second set of Black Mages AND The Black Waltzes, defeating them by his will and determination to understand why they could not live, and to why Kuja could do such a thing. He must come to terms with the fact that he will die. The second set of Black Mages have a limited life span; since he is a prototype, he lives a longer lifespan. He has to come to terms with the fact he will "STOP" all of a sudden and forget everything he has ever lived for.

By the sheer strength of his will and determination is he able to overcome his fear of death and help defeat Kuja for all he has done.
--

Random Character from XII:

Basch. A noble and valiant Knight of Dalmasca who has protected the kingdom for many years. In the War with the Empire, Dalmasca is overpowered and is besieged. When the King of Dalmasca was meant to sign a peace treaty with the Empire, Basch's twin brother, Gabranth, the highest ranking general (I think) in the Empire takes him captive, poses as Basch and slays the Dalmascan King. This then leads the Dalmascan Army to believe that Basch is the one who killed the King, and he is taken into custody for a year (I think).

He has to bare the burden of being blamed for Dalmasca's downfall, and the death of Vaan's brother, Reks. No matter how much the people of Dalmasca hate him, he is dedicated to protecting it's heir, Ashe (and even though she hates him). He is able to break out of prison, and even after all he had been through he still wants to fight for what's right, and not hide away like a coward.

With his long time friend, Vossler, he acts to protect Princess Ashe from harm's and the Empire's way. Even when he is betrayed by his friend, (well, only a semi-betrayal. Vossler was thinking of their best interests) he carrys on to help the group get away.

- This is pretty much as far as I've gotten to with FXII.

But, yeah. I see these deep and complex characters running around all the time. I COMPLETELY AGREE with you when you say they're not original. I mean, a processed protagonist made from dead souls and a betrayed Knight who's loyalty to his country doesn't hinder him! This is the most pathetic bunch of cliche characters I've ever seen! Totally unoriginal. /sarcasm

Rant Over.

Last edited:
II is the worst IMO just because you don\'t level up but your stats get better little by little. And your magic levels up too and I didn\'t like that either. The story is ok but it wasn\'t that great.

Concerning the characters from FFXII..those who don't like them - ever thought that by now pretty much every type of character fit for an FF game has been used already? No need to slander XII for it - you can't expect completely original characters for each game, because to do that, you'd need to make them more different then before, then the characters would not fit in completely.

Final Fantasy X-2 was the worst FF game by far. The story line seemed quickly put together and was like a mini-game throughout the whole thing.

So, X-2 has my vote.

Fran

Random character from IX:

Vivi. He is a prototype Black Mage produced by Kuja and Queen Brahne before the game began. He was pretty much a failure by their standards as he was able to 'live', and not be a mindless killing machine. He is processed by combining Kuja's Black Magic and the souls of those Kuja has killed. He had no place in the world and no family, and no true place to call home.

His fate was originally to be a killing machine. He rose against his counterparts, the second set of Black Mages AND The Black Waltzes, defeating them by his will and determination to understand why they could not live, and to why Kuja could do such a thing. He must come to terms with the fact that he will die. The second set of Black Mages have a limited life span; since he is a prototype, he lives a longer lifespan. He has to come to terms with the fact he will "STOP" all of a sudden and forget everything he has ever lived for.

By the sheer strength of his will and determination is he able to overcome his fear of death and help defeat Kuja for all he has done.
--

Random Character from XII:

Basch. A noble and valiant Knight of Dalmasca who has protected the kingdom for many years. In the War with the Empire, Dalmasca is overpowered and is besieged. When the King of Dalmasca was meant to sign a peace treaty with the Empire, Basch's twin brother, Gabranth, the highest ranking general (I think) in the Empire takes him captive, poses as Basch and slays the Dalmascan King. This then leads the Dalmascan Army to believe that Basch is the one who killed the King, and he is taken into custody for a year (I think).

He has to bare the burden of being blamed for Dalmasca's downfall, and the death of Vaan's brother, Reks. No matter how much the people of Dalmasca hate him, he is dedicated to protecting it's heir, Ashe (and even though she hates him). He is able to break out of prison, and even after all he had been through he still wants to fight for what's right, and not hide away like a coward.

With his long time friend, Vossler, he acts to protect Princess Ashe from harm's and the Empire's way. Even when he is betrayed by his friend, (well, only a semi-betrayal. Vossler was thinking of their best interests) he carrys on to help the group get away.

- This is pretty much as far as I've gotten to with FXII.

But, yeah. I see these deep and complex characters running around all the time. I COMPLETELY AGREE with you when you say they're not original. I mean, a processed protagonist made from dead souls and a betrayed Knight who's loyalty to his country doesn't hinder him! This is the most pathetic bunch of cliche characters I've ever seen! Totally unoriginal. /sarcasm

Rant Over.

^_^

I am not a big fan of XII. But thats not the worse I say X-2 was the worse it killed the story line and ruined a ending of X.

X-2 has my vote.

Fran

I am not a big fan of XII. But thats not the worse I say X-2 was the worse it killed the story line and ruined a ending of X.

X-2 has my vote.

Yeah. XII was one of the better ones, in my opinion, don't know why so many dislike it. X-2 was probably the worst.

My vote goes for the old GameBoy Games called THe Final Fantasy Legend Series. The story has about the same depth as CC, your party is a bunch of monsters, the crystals are nowhere to be found, and in the first one you gather peices of a fucking statue.

THe Legend Series. Not even worthy to be called a game. It should have been entitled The Final Fantasy Torture series, because that's what it was.

Don't let anybody tell you for yourself. If you haven't played it, go play eet. You may love it, you may hate it.

for me it's FF8 bcoz it's too complicated for an RPG. lots of innovations in the series but it's not too convenient. it's not a very ideal game like I'd rather read a novelization of it.

FF12 has to be the worst. Battle system was lame,there was a weak story, Vayne was a lame villain,as was fighting Gabranth. But I have vowed not to play it again, as it doesnt have that sort of flavour that I like in a RPG. Like 7 or 10.
But really Square Enix(am I right?) have made a lame job of this one.

for me it's FF8 bcoz it's too complicated for an RPG. lots of innovations in the series but it's not too convenient. it's not a very ideal game like I'd rather read a novelization of it.

:O Why was it too complicated?

Yes, Square Enix made FFXII..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back