Which Final Fantasy game has the best music?

I love the music in VIII and X, VIII the music really reflects the intensity of the game, and X has some of the most beautiful FF music ever in :)

I think either Final Fantasy VIII or X has the best soundtrack. Final Fantasy VIII is Nobuo at hes best, great epic soundscapes as well as intimate moments really make it work well and sound amazing. Especially when done with a full orchestra. Final Fantasy X on the other hand is also really good as it brings in 2 more composers, so you get a contrast in styles, which still really work together. Great ambient tracks as well as some deep feeling and inpiring tracks as well.

For me it has to be Final Fantasy X and X-2.

They both had really memorable songs such as:

'Zanarkand, Otherworld and Suteki Da Ne' from FFX and 'Eternity and Real Emotion' from X-2.

The themes for certain characters were great as well, especially Yuna's theme in FFX.

They struck me as the most memorable and emotional in my opinion and I loved every bit of it. =)

Since this is "Game" and not games, I will have to go with Final Fantasy: Crisis Core.

Excellent job on the musical job, most everything is fully orchestrated and I respected that. Makes it more "Epic" if you know what I mean.

I love the music of VII and its related games. And of VIII (the music playing whilst you run around Balamb Garden aimlessly always makes me want to play it over and over). I don't recall any from IX really. But I fell in love with the soundtrack from X. To Zanarkand and Suteki Da Ne are two of the most beautiful things I've ever heard and easily sway my choice to X. To Zanarkand always makes me feel down, but hopeful because of the famous scene with the group sitting around the fire.

But they all feature different variations of the victory fanfare, so they're all winners in my opinion. Haha.

FFX would definitely be the number one FF game in music then FF7.... if we threw kingdom hearts into the equation it would be a different ball game

VII means the most to me as it's always the game that brings back the most memories for me, but considering I don't like the game much at all IX still manages to come across as an awesome soundtrack. It doesn't really make me feel nostalgic like the likes of VII and VIII do but that doesn't make it any less impressive.

I have to say both Final Fantasy X and VII have the best music tracks. Final Fantasy X has an awesome heavy metal song that gets me excited to battle. The song i'm referring to is of course called "Otherworld". Of course the piano tracks in the game are also great. My favourite one would have to be "To Zanarkand". Final Fantasy VII has some great songs, especially the themes, such as Aeris theme and the Turks theme.

Well, I'll have to pick two radically different games in atmosphere and in music. First we have FFXII with its beautiful, epic soundtrack. It's just so pleasing to the ears. But it's not only pleasing but it accompanies the emotion of the scene in a great way. It managed, in my case, to make the scenes more memorable. Not only scenes with spoken dialogue but also when you were just wandering around places, like the Ozmone Plains. Moreover, Battle for Freedom has to be THE best final boss theme ever. Even though some people might call me crazy I think it's better even than Dancing Mad and One Winged Angel. It's just that Battle for Freedom is just so amazingly epic. The Imperial theme was great as well.

The second game I consider as having the best music is FFVII. It just has so many amazing pieces. Like in FFXII, the music fit the scenes and places perfectly. Bombing Mission is just such a great intro. I could go on listing individual pieces but the point is that the music in this game was memorable.

The FF7 Music was sweet.

Jenova Absolute (Infact, all jenova ones were cool)
Safer Sephiroth
Bizzaro Sephiroth
Main boss battle

FF7 And FF10 Overall But I Like " Love Grows " From FF8

FF7 my favourite is Tifa's theme Cosmo canyon and turks theme

And then In FF10 Wandering Flame And Fleeting Dream :D

FFX no questions asked. I *love* the music in this. I honestly cannot choose just one piece of music in this game that was my favorite.

Sometimes, I'll leave one of the songs from the game played as I try to sleep. I love it.

I'm going to have to go with FFVI. The world of balance theme, celes' theme, and gogo's theme, even Gau's theme. So evocative.

I only really listen to the music but I watch my mate play the game (I'm not really a gamer).

My favourite, as it's so funky, and becuase of Dancing Mad and Magitek Research Facility: FF VI.

I kinda prefer older soundtracks!!

FFX has the best music, just so pretty, but FFIX has some cool tunes too. Especially love the Black Mage Village music. :D

IX had a large variety of music, ranging from something slow and melancholy (Garnet's theme), to something loud that gets you pumped up (Dark Messenger.) And some of the songs just pull on your heart strings for some reason. <333

Back