Which Final Fantasy game has the best music?

VI by far. This is the one soundtrack that I can listen to nearly every song. (And yes there are a few that are bland but not as much as the other games.)

Some notable themes from this game I love are:

Terra's theme
Celes's theme + Opera theme
Boss music
Save Them
Gogo's theme
Dancing Mad
Serching for friends
Cyan's theme
Kefka's theme
and the final theme where every character's theme plays.

I'd say 7, 10 and 12.

7- every single piece stands out to me and I especially love the piano renditions of them. There are some sad pieces and a lot of powerful ones as well. I just instantly recognise the music from it. Aeris/aerith's theme stands out to me.

10- the majority of the music i think has a beautiful, mysterious feel to it. I love the mt gagazet music particularly. Because its just got so much sadness and hope in it.

12- Its cheerful, powerful, upbeat and there's some amazing piano pieces in it. Its got a majestic feel to it which is shown in the game itself

VII had the best music, in my opinion. Along with VI. ^^
Those are the tops, I think the best pieces from those two are:
"Aerith's Theme"
"Terra's Theme"
"Battle on the Big Bridge/Gilgamesh's Theme"
"Cid's Theme"
"Boss Fight"? from VII

Oh! And if VII includes Crisis Core.... xD Then i add to the list:
"Price Of Freedom"
"Under The Apple Tree"

Nobuo Uetmatsu is a GENIUS. =D

Personally I really loved the music from X. I could sit and listen to the battle music for ages. Also the opening music was a piece I really enjoyed, as well as the music that played the first time you entered the Zanarkand ruins.

I remember the music from FF VIII the most so im going to go with that. Balamb Garden, I mean what a relaxing tune! Could listen to that for hours. Julias song, Compresion of Time, Galbadia Garden, the song for that city in the future (cant remember the track)...all brilliant, and set the mood brilliantly for each setting. Even the boss themes are good, especially when you're fighting Omega Weapon.

VI by far. This is the one soundtrack that I can listen to nearly every song. (And yes there are a few that are bland but not as much as the other games.
Thanks you!
VI and X-2 have great soundtracks.

X was good but its definitely not best. It re-used the same song but changed it slightly for different parts of the game and it didnt have a single fun song. It had relaxed and it had sad but no hyperactive tunes.

VI and X-2 had the whole scale from upbeat kickass and just plain silly songs to deep and emotional songs.

I have to say uhmm ffx had the best!

[Mod Edit]: Please put a bit more effort to your post. For instance, elaborate on why you think FFX has the best music. :) Thank you.

I thnk FFX because of the piano music and dramatic orchestral music used in it eg

- To Zanarkand
- Via Purifico
- Attack!
- Suteki Da Ne

the songs are so melodic and have heart in them to me. that why i like them xD

In my opinion that must be Final Fantasy VIII

[Mod Edit]: Please put a bit more effort to your post. For instance, elaborate on why you think FFX has the best music.
smile1.gif
Thank you.

FF VIII had the best imo, I liked all of it.
The Triple Triad music, battle music, Ultimecia's castle,
all of it is great.

i like music of all FF Games :highfive:

Mod Edit: Put a bit more effort into your posts please? For instance, say which one you like the most and why.

Last edited by a moderator:
Out of all the FF games I've played, I have to say I prefer the music from FFX, more specifically the opening piano music. This is because I've always loved slow but exciting music and this just seems to do it for me :)

ffx and ffx-2 had the best Opening Songs.

but ffvii had by far the best music out of them all.
it really kept in with the mood of the game.

Back