Who Beat Omega?

I beat Omega too ;P, took me a while longer as I didn't have many heros and items when I got there, probably about 1/2 hour.

What's with everyone and thinking it's so impossible to beat Omega with such ease??

It's been a couple of years, but I remember for a fact that Omega wasn't all that. Yeah fine, he might be the hardest fight in FF8, but he's nothing under the Lionheart attack, Zell's Duel commands, and Irvine's Pulse or AP ammo.

Holy War and Aura are a mean combination. Even if you hit for 1 HP each time, the enemy can't hit you back or heal, it might take a couple of days to finish him off, but if you have the supply of Holy Wars neccessary, you're INVINCIBLE.

Last edited:
I'm trying (still) to beat it. But if I beat it why not the hard way?
Got only 3 heros (all for Squall) and i would like to know if Terra Break deals magic or physical damage.

P.S.: One time when I startede the game(no gameshark) in the PC version I started with already 99:59 hours, I had all the cards in a total of 6909 monsters and 5468 bosses, and in the tutorial there was an article saying that I've already beaten Omega, and when I arrived at Ultimecia Castle Omega wasn't there. Then I tried a new game: 99:59, blah, blah, blah but the article wasn't there, instead I had the ultimate Weapons already equipped, and all Limit Breaks., but in disc 1 in the Dream after you leave Timber, not to Timber, after Timber when I was about to start the first battle there with Laguna, the game was always closing itself.

i beat it, was quite easy i used squall zell and rinoa and had all their best weapons. i beat it in about 10-15 mins :)

I beat the Omega too.It took me about 20 minutes. I used Squall, Zell and Irvine (All LV 100). With Zell's Duel, I was able to damage Omega a lot. he's my strongest character. The total of damage point in Duel is higher than Squall's Lionheart.

I managed to beat omega with lv. 100 with Squall, Riona, and Irvine. i mainly used their limit breaks and used Riona's ultimate limit in which she only cast's magic at random intervals.

yes i beat Omega i was expecting a good match but nope i beat him in 15 minutes i used Rinoa Squall and Zell
I couldnt die i had 100 Heros but i always got Invincible Moon with angelo
Lionheart and wishing star helped greatly
the invincible moon will be done depending on your life and the opponite you are facing and omega requires it all the time intell you get him about dead now if you used phenix often then if you have max on them then almost every time all your men die the will be reborn. yeppi

Zell, Squall and Rinoa.
My own plan:
Put auto-haste on Zell.
Zell casts Aura on Rinoa & Squall.

Rinoa orders her dog to use Invincible Moon on my party.
Then... SPAM LIONHEART AND WISHING STAR!!! >:3 (alot of "9999" dmgs)
Now it got owned finally. :P 1 wins and 5 loses. v.v

LOL @ Squall True Lionheart! xD

omega was easy i thot, i used squall, irvine, zell. used plenty of heros and a heap of limit breaks from squall and a continous booya and punch rush from zell and he was gone.
ff8 ruled

first time it took me about an hour (so long >.>) then i realised that i could just use the end with selphie to get an easy win >.>

First time was with selphie, irvine and squall of course.

Wow. this Boss was okay hard HP wise. you just have to be prepared thats all. make sure you have the Full Life spell on everyone along with Aura and haste(must have LionHeart) Make sure Squall has Auto-Haste and Auto-Potion( get rid of potions and hi potions, by this point you should have plenty of Elixers megapotions and Megalixers if not Hint:card mod)
Your second character that can cause a great amount of damage (mine was Zell) should also have Auto-Haste.
Now that your two most powerful characters are hasted cast haste on them. after Omegas attack, use Squalls LionHeart limitbreak (if you can trigger it) then with one of the other two cast Cerberus, and with another one you have a choice to use the limit break or (if your not healed already) start healing party members. Omegas Attack. If Cerberus made it, Triple Double magic baby! Now heal the character that hasnt been healed yet or ( if s/hes dead) just use Full Life.

Basically your just trying to survive His attacks. Cast Aura and Full Life when needed. TAKE YOUR TIME. this battle can be tough for those who are new to this boss. Its no Rush at all. this battle can be won at a slow speed as long as you have Cerberus and Max Curaga and the Magic i mentioned above. WATCH OUT! some of Omegas Attacks can demolish your entire crew in one hit if your not Leveled up enough.
Having max Vitality stats will help you live longer, and Max Magic Stats will cause you to do more Black/White magic to enemies and your party.
Leveling up with Vit, Magic, Str, and HP Bonus is a great idea for preperation for this battle.

Hmm, I beat it with Irvine, Rinoa and Squall, they were all on level 100.
I gave Squall an aura and hero, because Rinoa never did invincible moon >.< Irvine did a lot Pulse ammo, and Squall Renzekuken. And Rinoa kept on doing Strike:P

Thats a good technique! i beat it with Squall (Renzokuken) Selphie(Slots/Full Cure and various others) And Zell ( My Final Heaven)
Each attacker doing 9999 per hit... its insane!
By speeding up your characters with auras on them you have a very HIGH chance of survival.
I only used three or four spells and a summon in this battle, and the rest were worthless.
Omega Weapon at Level 99 i think and Dont doubt has 2,000,000 HP or over! so basically you ARE trying to survive the "Toughest" battle in the game.

used the guys...then quickly casted cerberus, meltdown and aura...then he tried lv 5 death...didnt work...then after threw a holy war...then pummled at him...thanks to zell...omega got one normal attack in then next round i pummled him again...i think it took 4 full turns to defeat omega
omega's attack line up to me:
1. lv 5 death
2. attack
3. attack
4.dont rememeber but i think it was a missed meddigo flame or light pillar

I murdered him... Aura on Squall, then Holy Wars, then Lionheart; repeat. It was a flawless victory, he didn't even land a single point of damage on me.

Back