Who here thought the love scene with Tidus and Yuna was really beautiful.

It reminded me of a well-written Justin Timberlake song for the girl of my dreams.

Nah, actually it was one of the best scenes I think ever put together for an FF game. Graphics-wise, and storyline-wise, it was a great moment.

Unfortunately, like some of the other people here have said, I, too, felt the urge to vomit as I watched this scene. Perhaps it was the fact that I wasn't all that wowed with the game in the first place. Or maybe it has something to do with me not caring for romance at all, but I wouldn't say it was "done beautifully." It was two people kissing, two youngsters; one that irritated me beyond all believe, and the other who was way too comfortable expressing her emotions for my taste. It was just your average, over the top, typical love scene and I'd seen it all before.

I always thought that the voice actors for Yuna and Tidus sucked, but more so for Tidus then Yuna. His voice just annoyed me to no end through the entire game. So that sort of ruined the scene for me as far as what was said. As for as the graphical aspect of it, I LOVED it <3 I thought it was so beautiful, especially how Yuna's outfit moved and twirled underwater. And the song, Suteki Da Ne, really added to the feel of the scene. Just.. overall, I thought the scene was pretty moving, except for the sucky voice actors.

I thought it was really cute, i admit i was quite embarrassed watching it the first time but it was nice and cuddly and shit all the same haha...although i had a feeling Kimahri saw them kiss coz he was there before and after the scene in the spring bit...no wonder he's silent all the time xD

I think that the scene was romantic, and i too got a little teary o.o, mostly because everything went well together, like the scenery and the music, kissing in the water.. yeah o.o

well im a big romantic at heart so the scene does get to me! but i giggle at it too! mainly because im just waiting for yuna to drown!
also when tidus smiles it makes me lol because he looks like a stalker and a little nutty!

I found it kind of boring, because Tidus isn't really the one for Yuna. No one in the group is a boyfriend for Yuna. Seymour isn't either.
Tidus DOES look crazy when he smiles though, he looks better when he's crying.

I dont remember what i thought when i first saw it, but now that im replaying it, i just seen it. I actually liked the scene. I mean, right before that seen tidus is talking about going places with yuna, and going out and having fun in tidus's zanarkand and they seem to get into it. And then yuna cries and says she cant go. Good timing, i think. Im just a sap for that kinda stuff XP

it was definitely one of the best FMV's I have ever seen in any of the Final Fantasy games. The whole idea of kissing in the water is romantic ^_^

I found it rather bizarre to be honest, it annoyed the fuck outta me and the way she blubbed was just so fricken annoying

I love this scene. It truly is beautiful. It really captures the emotions that both Yuna and Tidus have for each other.

i think it was one of the cutest scenes FF has produced ^_^

Mod Edit: Please elaborate as to why you think so. Thanks. =]

Very beautiful. I think emotion is a major part of FF's charm. Take that away and you're most likely to cripple the experience.

Oh, I love it. Yes, Yuna's blubbering is terrible (honestly, she sounds more like she's giggling than crying), and Tidus' voice isn't THAT bad. It's only bad when he starts screeching (which he does not in this scene). I also chuckle a bit when they fall into the water; it just seems a bit silly.

But other than that... :inlove:

Wow I don't know how many times this threads been made but its getting up there.

Its a nice scene that's fairly romantic but as said its a kiss between two teenagers. Its not massively romantic but it is getting up there.

Well... maybe they were just teenagers kissing; but I wouldn't compare them to any generic teenage couple, who kiss, dump, hook-up, kiss again, dump again, etc.

The Tidus-Yuna scene just felt different. There was genuine emotion that could be felt. Even falling into the water could be interpreted as symbolic emotion -- but I won't get into that right now. Think of it as a mythical moment that could last. Call me ridiculous if you want, but I felt that it was just as beautiful and lasting as the love between Beren and Lúthien in The Silmarillion.

Last edited:
I actually laughed a little when I saw the scene because before I actually watched it I was under the impression that it was just a simple pressing of lips; I didn't realize it was a full out make out scene xD

Tidus kind of seemed like her got Yuna with her guard down though; she's crying and he shuts her up with his mouth. Although of course she reciprocates, but still >_<

But I kind of liked how the water flowed around them and such (I understand for Tidus, but how come Yuna wasn't drowning >_>).

As well, it wouldn't surprise me if Square was hinting that two actually had sexual relations, there, in the water O_O

But as canon pairings go, Tidus/Yuna ranks pretty high for me, so whatever ^_^

Back