why does Sephiroth have no girlfriend?

Considering the length of his sword, he's probably really insecure about his tiny penis.

I think his character was way underdeveloped and flat. Crisis Core did nothing to deepen it. This usually isn't a big deal, but when he learns about his history in the Shinra Mansion basement, it's like the creators were trying to give him some kind of justification to do what he did. Maybe that would have been more believable if he had ever had shown feelings in the past, or if he had a girlfriend.

Isn't it true that early on in planning the story line, Aerith was considered as a potential lover OR sister for Sephiroth? I remember reading this somewhere...I'm assuming this was before anyone had personalities because Aerith and Sephiroth don't click. Or do they...? Sephiroth is a lot more light hearted at the beginning of CC, so who knows.

Maybe he doesn't like girls. :wacky:

EDIT: I forgot, he's actually married to a former ACFer named Summoner Yuna. :wacky:
They procreated...

Last edited:
He does! But Sephy just likes to keep our love a secret :ryan:

Sephiroth with a girl are you serious?
It would ruin his reputation badly he's full of evil, what've you been playing Final Erotic Fantasy VII or Final Fantasy VII?

Last edited:
Because Sephiroth don't have time.

He's in the army, dealing with a war. I just don't think he is concerned with his love life.

"According to a Crisis Core fan letter mailed to Zack, Sephiroth uses an entire bottle of both shampoo and conditioner to wash his hair. Both are provided by the Shinra Company and are scented with thirteen kinds of perfumes."
- Source: FF Wiki

That's why he doesn't have a girlfriend :p
Not to mention, that's from a crappy retcon. :hal:

There's just as much evidence to support the theory Sephiroth is a lady killer as there is to support the theory of him being a virgin. It's a debate and argument that literally will never be ended until Nomura says so. :ahmed:

"According to a Crisis Core fan letter mailed to Zack, Sephiroth uses an entire bottle of both shampoo and conditioner to wash his hair. Both are provided by the Shinra Company and are scented with thirteen kinds of perfumes."
- Source: FF Wiki

That's why he doesn't have a girlfriend :p

...and here I always thought Sephy was a Tresemme sort of guy.

"Tresseme Tresemme Ooh La la" :britt:

Really though, if he did have a girlfriend would that still make him as good of a villian? That would mean there's enough good in his heart to love someone so that wouldn't make him so evil. In the game he hates pretty much everyone so it would be really out of his character to even be friends with anyone...let alone have a proper girlfriend 8(

:wacky:

EDIT: I forgot, he's actually married to a former ACFer named Summoner Yuna. :wacky:
They procreated...

Where did you get this news? Sephiroth x Yuna?

Sephiroth indeed is Aerith's brother during devolopment era, but it is independent of those published stories I think.

I thought Mommy didn't allow him to have girlfriends.

I'm sure he had girls falling at his spandex covered body every time he was out in open. But I don't think he had one or should have had one. He's evil, having a girlfriend would have made him just seem like a Douche-bag instead of evil :P

...and here I always thought Sephy was a Tresemme sort of guy.

"Tresseme Tresemme Ooh La la" :britt:
11rg0n7.jpg

I can't understand, why do you
think this is the reason? Can you
interpret it?

It was not meant to be taken literally, hence the :p. I was humorously implying that Sephiroth spends too much time washing his hair to have time for a girlfriend.

all you think about are good, lovely girls, how about strong, masculine girls, say Lightning?

Sephy may work with such kind of girls, let me make up a story:

long time ago, at the beginning of SOLDIER, there were girls to support and for treatment, just like the girls in NARUDO. there was a such girl in Sephy's team. Sephy knew but never thought she is a girl, they worked together, and devoloped their relationship. After several missions, they realized they can't work without each other. They never thought it is love, thay are just good partners.

One day, the girl dead in an action, Sephy descovered, realized she is also a normal girl, he shocked that girls are weak, lovely. Sephy was very sad, he lost a good friend, good partner, he couldn't work as well as before.

Since then, he rejected every girls, he afriad they may hurt during action. He wanted to forget her, but as he saw any girl, he will remenber her. So he can't close to them and hate them, maybe.

Finally, as he became 1st CLASS, he used his privileges to get rid of girls, so there is no girl in SOLDIER at following stories we saw.

Last edited:
Maybe if there was some extreme backstory, Sephiroth could have a crush or something, but he may have been one of those types who aren't interested in love and is focused on fighting. He was looked up to as a loyal, powerful soldier who is dedicated. He didn't even stop for love.

I'd say it's fairly reasonable he doesn't need one. It'd be funny if his girlfriend was a bitch, though. :P

EDIT:
Ah, wtf...I can't get the spoiler tags to work.

SPOILER ALERT:

He might actually be deficient in the category of love. After all,he was injected with alien DNA. Not only does he look different than most people, he might also feel differently too. We know he’s capable of emotion, but the presence of Jenova’s genetic makeup may have something to do with this.

I mean…does an alien life form experience love the same way a human being does?

Eh, eh? :busta:

Wait, no, I GOT IT!

Sephiroth is gay. He and Cloud had this thing going on before the Nibelhiem incident. The pregnancy was complicated, and Cloud had to abandon the child in Midgar. Years later, when he finds the child -- now named Denzel -- at Aerith's church, overwhelming guilt motivates Cloud to take the kid home. Denzel now thinks he has no family left, leaving Cloud the only one that knows the terrible, terrible truth....

No true villain has a girlfriend. Besides, he was busy at war. (Like most other people have said) Besides, most people thought he was a girl anyway with that hair XP

Of course Sephiroth does not have a girlfriend, he just stabs them all...assuming he had any, of course. :sneaky:

even if bad as- i mean sepharoth had a girl friend before he got all psychotic he probably would end up estranged from her because, im not sure if im right, by the way he was before being evil he seemed like he was a solitary person

His girlfriend is Mary Sue, yay.

Or maybe he just wasn't interested in having a relationship. Just like I am. Let's just hope I don't get an oedipus complex and start to plot this world's dismiss.

Sephy it's just one of those strange good-looking guys who don't get girlfriend
or boyfriend
just because they lack of time or interest. Or perhaps he was just the kind of guy who wasn't lucky with ladies (cuz, srsly, in real life, how many girls would actually date a guy like Sephiroth?).

He's far to smug and arrogant for a girlfriend i think and i think the destroying the world thing could be a minor turn off.

Sephiroth believe it or not was a no nonsense, no bull soldier who widely respected and revered within the organization that he worked for. He was a hero to almost everyone in the organization. I am not sure if he ever made any time for a relationship or even considered any.

Back