Why is there so much hate?

Personally I think it's because they want to look different. You know, everybody talks about how FF7 is the greatest game ever, so they're like "OMFG I'M AN INDIVIDUALIST AND FF7 SUCKS!".

I even bet you ten dollars that they came to the conclusion that it sucked BEFORE they even played the game.

2nd QFT for you in the past 5 minutes.

That's all it's about these days, "I'm and inDIVidual so I hate FFVII (or insert anything that may be popular in here) even though I've never played/listened to/ate/ etc (popular thing)"

This Generation sickens me.

Flattered. ^^

But yes, it's good that everybody has their own opinions and stuff and I'm sure that there are people out there who didn't like FF7 all that much. But for the most part, I definately think it's a bunch of people trying to be all "OH I'M DIFFERENT! WANT PROOF? I HATE FF7! WHEN EVERYBODY LOVES IT! LAWL".

On the other hand, they probably hate the fandom. But that's a pretty dumb reason for disliking the series (true, I think the Inuyasha/Legacy of Kain fandoms can be full of morons, but that doesn't keep the anime/game from being a favorite of mine).

Guy on another forum I post at said:
Things I despise about the greatest shit-heap of a game Square has ever had the balls to throw at their rabid fanbase:

Bollocks setting. So, we have five wonderfully epic games in beautiful fantasy environments, and then Square gets the bright idea to start adding scifi elements. "Sounds cool!", they said, and thus we get Final Fantasy VI. It's still all kings-and-queens, but with a great steampunk atmosphere. Best FF game to date. However, realising how many people loved it, Tetsuya Nomura comes along and builds on his predescessor's bright ideas.

Oh hell, I'll just dramatise the rest.

"HOW ABOUT WE JUST SCRAP THE ENTIRE PSEUDO-MEDIEVAL SETTING FOREVER, GUYS? LOL LOL, EVERYONE WILL LUV IT"
"What else should we incorporate?"
"THREE-DEE GRAPHIX AND LOTS OF PRETTY VIDEOS OF PEOPLE FIGHTING. OH AND ALSO THERE MUST BE NO STONE CASTLES OR KINGS AND QUEENS. IT SHOULD BE LIKE STAR WARS."
"What about the characters?"
"I THINK WE SHOULD HAVE AN ANGSTY TEENAGER AND ANOTHER ANGSTY TEENAGER, AND ANOTHER ANGSTY TEENAGER, AND A BIG BLACK MAN WHO SWEARS A LOT! PEOPLE LISTEN TO RAPP MUSICKS THESE DAYS SO WE MUST IDENTIFY WITH OUR TARGET DEMOGRAPHIC. ALSO, WE SHOULD HAVE A GUY WITH LONG, FLOWING SILVER HAIR AND A BIG SWORD! IT WILL BE ORIGINAL AND EVERYBODY WILL LOVE HIM."
"Anything else?"
"YESS. REMEMBER HOW YOU HAD THOSE GREAT FIVE-PERSON BATTLES IN FINAL FANTASY 4? WELL, I'M GLAD YOU REDUCED THE NUMBER TO FOUR, BUT I THINK IT WOULD BE A LOT BETTER IF THE BATTLES ONLY INCLUDED THREE PARTY MEMBERS, SO THAT THE PEOPLE PLAYING DON'T GET CONFUSED OR INTIMIDATED, LOL."
"Sounds like a plan!"
"ALSO, THE PLOT SHOULD BE OF THE SAME CONSISTENCY AS PAINT THINNER. WE DON'T WANT PEOPLE PLAYING IT FOR THE PLOT! I HAVE AN IDEA. WHY DON'T WE DO A GAME... WHERE... THE WORLD'S ABOUT TO END! AND IT'S ALL BECAUSE OF AN EVIL SWORD-WIELDING MAGICIAN! ...AND THE MAGICIAN TURNS OUT TO BE AN ALIEN! NOBODY'S EVER DONE THIS BEFORE!"
"Nomura, you're a GENIUS!"
"LOL I KNOW. I THINK ALSO THAT WE SHOULD HAVE FIXED CAMERA ANGLES SO THAT WHEN PEOPLE ARE PLAYING THEY HAVE TO SPEND TIME AND REORIENTATE THEMSELVES SO THAT THEY ARE NOT DIZZY. WHAT'S MORE IS THAT WE SHOULD USE REALLY GHETTO POLYGONAL GRAPHICKS THAT FULFILL ABOUT AN EIGHTH OF THE PLAYSTATION'S POTENTIAL, LOL."
"But surely you could have much better visuals if you moved development to the Nintendo 64?"
"IDIOT!!! THE NINTENDO 64 IS CRAPPY, THE GAMES ARE LIKE 32MB EACH. THAT'S NOWHERE NEAR ENOUGH ROOM FOR THE 2902039820983 FMV SEQUENCES I WANT. NOMURA WANT FOUR DISCS! FOUR DISCS!!"
"So, how about that battle system?"
"MAKE IT SO THAT PEOPLE CAN ONLY USE SPECIFIC SPELLS AND ATTACKS IF THEY HAVE THE RIGHT EQUIPMENT AND STUFF, BECAUSE IT WILL MEAN THAT A LOT MORE THINKING IS REQUIRED! OR SOMETHING! LOL."
"So... Should we have the game start off with a bright, fast action sequence, or what?"
"OF COURSE NOT. IF THE GAME STARTS MIND-NUMBINGLY DULL AND CONTINUES TO BE SO FOR THE NEXT TWELVE HOURS OF PLAY, THE PLAYERS WILL HAVE SOMETHING TO LOOK FORWARD TO!"
"What about spinoffs?"
"WELL I THINK THAT IN NINE YEARS WE SHOULD HAVE A MOVIE, A FEW NEW FINAL FANTASY VII GAMES, MAYBE A REMAKE, SOME MOBILE PHONE THINGS, LOTS OF ACTION FIGURES AND A WHOLE NEW FINAL FANTASY SECTION DEVOTED TO IT, BECAUSE IT WILL BE THE BEST GAME EVER, BECAUSE SEPHIROROTH IS SOOOO BADASS. LOL. ALSO, ONCE EVERY TWELVE-YEAR-OLD ON THE WORLD REGISTERS AS "SEPHIRORORTH" AT THE OFFICIAL SQUARE-ENIX FORUMS, OUR MISSION IS COMPLETE."

And that is everything wrong with Final Fantasy VII.

Go play Xenogears, for shit's sake.

And that, my friends, is why people hate FFIIV. :)

I'll be honest. That actually made me laugh. In a good way. And that rarely EVER happens when I read something that is 90% caplocks.

Gamefaqs has taught me that, no matter how good, popular, or critically acclaimed it is, the moment it becomes cool to people other than nerds, it becomes cool to hate it.

That's just the way forums work. Stupid forums.

Anyways, the main problem with FFVII is it takes away from the main Final Fantasy feel. Sure, the plot was good, but the surroundings with the technical advancements and all that made it feel out of place.

So what if it takes place in a more technologically advanced era? How should that effect your personal enjoyment of the game? I don't think it takes away from the main FF feel at all, because each FF is unique in it's own way and the only things they share are moogles, chocobos, magic, the Cids, the occassional Biggs and Wedge character, ect... If every FF was like the next I'd get bored. Quick. IMO.

Gamefaqs has taught me that, no matter how good, popular, or critically acclaimed it is, the moment it becomes cool to people other than nerds, it becomes cool to hate it.

And it REALLY irritates me when they use fandom as an excuse. Helloooo? What about the Star Wars fandom or other fandoms of really popular tv shows/games/or Harry Potter? Fandom are just fans and it's not like they control how the creator wants to write his/her story. Sure, the creator's goal is to please fans, but that shouldn't mean that they make the story according to how the fans want it. Aeris fans started a huge protest in the early days of FF7 for Aeris to be revived. Did Nomura and co. listen? No.

Fandom=/=the product. I know fandom can equal retarded people, because there are many brainless people in the fandom who only care about their precious pairings being canonized, or shallow fangirls who just like it for the pretty bishies...

That's just the way forums work. Stupid forums.

I especially hate it when the l337 forums nerds have to jump on you and try and convince you why FF7 and/or AC sucks. Honestly, it's pointless arguing with them. I think AC is a great fan treat and I appreciate the work that the FF7 creators have put into it. I think people should pay a little more respect to Nomura and co. They may want our money, but they're not heartless corporate beings... :huh:

Fact is, opinions are opinions. Like or don't like FF7? It's subjective, and varies from person to person. Don't try to force that on us, FF7 haters. :rolleyes: We're not gonna listen. /rant

and then Square gets the bright idea to start adding scifi elements. "Sounds cool!", they said, and thus we get Final Fantasy VI. It's still all kings-and-queens, but with a great steampunk atmosphere. Best FF game to date. However, realising how many people loved it, Tetsuya Nomura comes along and builds on his predescessor's bright ideas.

Ah, another "LOL FFVI IS THE BEST AND FFVII IS TOO SCI-FI LOL IT SUCKS" person...

That's just as dumb as the argument for FFIX sucking because, "LOL THE CHARACTERS LOOKED DEFORMED WHAT A SHITTY GAME". Oh God, how I hate those kinds of arguments... totally redundant.

And Nomura barely had anything to do at all with FFVI. He just designed some monsters, that's it. That person phails.

Last edited:
In my opinion, fair enough if you don't like a game, but no one actually asked for your opinion on whether you like FFVII or not, so all you "indivudualz!11" out there, just keep your opinions to yourself because no one really gives a shit.

Personally, FFVII will always be my true favorite RPG (right next to Fable: The Lost Chapters :D). It was an amazing gameplay, absolutely flawless storyline, lovable characters (hell, I can relate to half of them in some way or the other), and it provided a good challenge.

I do say that saying "Hate for FFVII = No respect" is a little extreme. People have their opinions, and you are being no better than them by giving them no respect for having opinions. Hell, you should be doing the opposite: the more opinions you have on someting (in my opinion :lol: ), the more respect you deserve. I am a very opinionated individual, and I get a lot of respect as thus in the real world, especially because I accept that other people have their own beliefs and cultures and what have you.

Opinions are the base of our civilization and it's destruction. Honestly and truely. It's because of opinions, which evolve into theories, which evolve into proven facts (some) that put us where we are today. They are also the destruction of our civilization because of extremist terrorist groups like the Al'Quaeda (I think that's how it's spelt) that want to destroy and assimilate everything that is not their own. By putting down those who do not like FFVII, you are no better than the Al'Quaeda who attack those who do not agree with them.

How could someone don't like FFVII?, it's the greatest game even if the graphics suck, I can't wait until they remake it for PS3 with great graphics.

sorry to say but there not making it for the ps3. that video wasnt showing ffVII it was showing the PS3 graphics "sorry it broke a lot of people's hearts"

"GOT IT MEMORIZED"

and u just did a double post, and It doesn't matte rif they remake for the PS3 it's still a great game and I want to play FFXIII

i guess it could irritate some veteran ff fans, ffvii was my first ff game at the time i had no idea what an RPG was. so i fell in love with this one, iv played other ffvii games but none quite compare. maybe had ffix been my first RPG i may have fell in love with that one instead.

Yes, the game is being remade. I'm not going to go through a huge debate over wether it should be or not, but, like it or not, it is. I believe they're remaking 8 and 9 as well, but i'm not as sure of that as i am with the remake of 7.

there's 3 main reasons why people hate this game. 1) they can't gel with the whole mind swap deal and don't like the spiritual sense in the game. These people tend to like action more and want the evil side to win.
2) the idiotic fanboys that go around screaming that 7 is the best and the other games suck. This pisses off the fans of other games and they in turn attack this game.
3) some people that have played this game didn't find it much to their liking and hate it when their fav. game doesn't get as much attention as theirs.

There that about sums it up.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dragon Mage, please give me a source on this remake of 7 you speak of. Also, 8 and 9. I have heard nothing of this, and I am usually in the 'know'.

You have proof?

Anyone that hates FFVII, needs to be lock into a cellar and kept away from any video game console for the rest of their life

Its blasphmy when ppl say FFVII sux.. Cause it was the best PS1 Rpg to even come out

Coz it's unfair. actually FFVII is crap...it's have over 1000 guy and it's hard to remember there names!! it's unfair Coz they made a movie for it...Why they didn't made FFVIII movie or 9,10 and 12...thats why FFVII is f**kin sucks.

Last edited:
Back