Would you stop playing if you disliked a character?

SapphireStar

♥ FFF's Matt Bellamy Pervert ♥
Veteran
Gil
I was chatting to my friend about Final Fantasy X and she said she never completed it as she just got annoyed by Yuna! I couldnt understand why she refused to play it because she hated the heroine. She couldnt understand why I liked Yuna, which annoyed me lol as what does it matter if I like her?

I have some characters whom i dislike throughout the series, but I try my best to plow through the game and not really pay that much attention to them. I guess seeing and hearing Yuna so much just irratated my friend too much.

Have you ever decided to stop playing due to a character?

Never, even if I dislike one character doesnt mean I dislike the game. I cant remember an instance where a character has been so annoying I had to switch off or stop playing a game.

Hmm, not that I know of... Brother in X-2 got really annoying. I wanted to shoot him.

I like Yuna's hair in X-2 better than in X.

What has her hair got to do with it???

I agree that Brother was annoying, also Rikku got me pissed again to a point. Other ones I find annoying are Seymour, Quina and Yuffie.

Nah ... if the rest of the crew is cool and if the game is cool I would never stop playing it cause ONE character pissed me off.

The most I was pissed with a game's main character being stupid was Xenosaga, Shion just drove me nuts, she looked uncool, dumb weapon, weak, basically everything I don't like. But, then there was Kosmos, Zig, Chaos and Jr, which were cool.

I think many of us know how much I dislike Squall. I haven't picked up the game in over a month. I don't think it's specifically because of Squall that I don't play it ... but a large part of it is :P

If the main character infuriates me, I can't play the game. I just get built up annoyance over a polygons and pixels XD

Yeah I would continue to play a game even if I didn't like a certain character. If the game-play is fun and the story is interesting it can have a bad lead person and I'd still play. Now if its just an o.k. game and the lead character annoys me to no end then I will stop playing and throw the controller.

I wouldn't stop playing a game just 'cause I disliked a character. It depends on how much you dislike a character though. Sometimes a character will totally spoil the experience and make it a waste of time. I can't see how this can be true for X though.

I personally don't think diliking one character is enough reason to stop playing a game. :P Hey, I dislike Vaan and Ashe yet I love XII!

I think if a game is good enough, it makes you forget about the stupid annoying character. However, it may make you take it out on someone who doesn't deserve it. I warn anyone that looks like Rikku to run a mile.

A single character, no...

I love FFXII to death (the gameplay) but sometimes the character interaction is just so boring that I have to quit.

I don't think people should judge a game just by one character, but if you simply dislike all the characters, or the story as a whole, or even the gameplay, then that's enough reason to quit. But I don't think I would quit just because one character annoys me a bit.

It would really depend on how much the character sucks. But I would find it unlikely of me to quit playing because I don't like one character.

I don't FFVIII entirely because of Squall. In fact, most of the characters annoy me. They're so bland.

FFXII isn't the best FF for characters. However, no particular characters annoy me, so it makes the game more enjoyable.

Nah, i wouldn't stop playing if there was a character i disliked - i just wouldn't use them. Theres a character i dislike in every FF game (Edward, Lenna, Gau, Tifa, Squall, Amarant, Tidus, Vaan) and i don't let my dislike of them prevent me from playing the game, as the other characters compensate for the ones i do dislike.

If i hated all the characters though...i would probably play it through once and then never touch it again.

Never, i disliked Tidus but FFX was still one of my favourite games, I like the hyper characters, but it just annoyed me when the main guy was like that. I found Vaan & Ashe mildly irritating aswel, but such as life you are always gunna come across people you don't like! :)

Even if i hate every single character in a future release I know i'd still play it

I've played games where I disliked most characters and disliked the main character. I'm sure every has a character they despise. I just ignore the character(s) and appreciate the game play, setting, and other characters.

I cannot stand Balthier, Ashe and Rinoa - yet I have completed both these games and love em to bits.

So no, this does not affect me :P

It would be hard to keep playing the game if there's a character you don't like, but I wouldn't stop playing a game just because of that. And yeah Yuna was annoying in FF10, I didn't like how "cute" and "nice" she always acted, I also hated her outfit....bleh.

almost

i almost stoped playing ffX-2 from the start once i noticed how much i hate paine ^_^ but i'll spare you from the why's.
the thing that did make me stop playing it was the horrid mini games, the story line they pulled out of an outhouse, and last but not least, they ruined blitzball. >_<

i almost stoped playing ffX-2 from the start once i noticed how much i hate paine ^_^ but i'll spare you from the why's.
the thing that did make me stop playing it was the horrid mini games, the story line they pulled out of an outhouse, and last but not least, they ruined blitzball. >_<

How did they ruin Blitzball, I never played FF10-2.

Back