6. (dirty little secret) FFXII

Here's my list from 1-6 with 1 being the best^^

1. FFVII
2. FFVIII
3. FFIV
4. FFVI
5. FFX
6. FFIX

FFVII - I know it's cliche' but this game is just so awesome. The story was deep and the characters are very memorable. For me it was the first game to have such a deep storyline and it was also the first game I actually cried to. T_T (And Cid in this game is just pure win! XD)

FFVIII - The story was good and well let's face it, I'm a big time sucker for romance. XD (Is a big Squinoa whore :inlove:)

FFIV - Another game with memorable characters and a great storyline.

FFVI - I love this game mostly for it's memorable dialouge. "There's sand on my boots!" XD I think the one that got to me more was Edgar and Locke's encounter with Shadow. "That's Shadow...! He'd slit his mama's throat for a nickel!" :ohshit:

FFX - This story was deep as well. The ending was very sad too. T_T But the characters were great and come on, Auron is just badass.

FFIX - The character designs were on the cutesy side, but it was still a good game nonetheless. I liked the trance abilities alot and Vivi is just so cute.^^

FFVI
FFVII
FFIV
FFIX
FFV
FFVIII

In my opinion FF's golden age was from FF4 up until FF9. Those games as a whole felt more complete, strong characters, great gameplay, fantastic music etc, and a brilliant story.

So I pick each of the above for the same reasons. They just seemed to have that magic. Though FF1-2 are pretty close (less so on the story, but equal on the magic). FFX would be closer if the gameplay was closer to that which had come previously (i.e world map and an airship etc).
So yes, for me it is what I put above. With FF6 and FF7 closely competing for top spot.

FFVI
FFIX
FFVII
FFVIII
FF IV
FF X

VI, I love the story, the large cast of characters with deep back stories sucked me into this game. And I have a soft spot for 16/32bit graphics

IX, if I could sum this up, its a Disney movie with a deep plot, it looks innocent and fun, but when you get down to what makes Zidane, Vivi, Dagger, and Steiner tick, its pretty deep.

VII, Love the characters, my only problem with this game is the character development is severely lacking, but despite that, the characters like Vincent, Barret, Reno & Rude, Cid, and Caith Sith among others along with the intriguing plot made VII a blast

VIII
Starts out a little slow, but once it gets going come disc 2, its a treat. Most of the characters are forgettable, but Squall is a bad ass with of all things, a sword with a freaking gun built in, and for my money, Squall's character development is the best in the series.

IV the first great FF game, at least IMO, the first that took character development to another level. This game may rank higher if not for
the fact that when everyone died, they ended up coming back to life
that really got on my nerves and took away a lot of the emotion I had for them.

X, The First FF game I played, and I love it, I just wish Tidus was no where to be found, he is pretty annoying, he could have been so much cooler. But I love the world, I love whole pilgrimage to defeat Sin and such,

The good

FF7 - I loved this game. It was my frst RPG and it was easy as pie. I loved materia, combos, the way anybody could use magic. I am a ff7aholic

ff8 - This game was supreme in graphics and to this da I say it has the best FMV's then anyother FF. GF's were beautiful.

FF7CC - I love the ending so much, wierd huh? The power to fuse matiera into what you discover was fun. Although it had some lame combos. I still liked Zack as a main character.

FF6 - This game was good cause it was sorta easy to have every character to have all spells. It had alot of summons which you got in groups. and two accessories.

ff1- This game is on my favorites cause its the first. I liked how you could pick your team. The max level for NES was like 50 I think and I spent a lot of time fighting and buying spells and always double checking towns to make sure I got everything.

FF9 - although I didn't like this game as well as the others it made my top 6. I hated the fact that you couldn't get 9999 hp on every character and less damage. Even so, I got every ability, and all my people on level 99. the only thing I missed was Excalibur II of course.

1: All of them
2: All of them
3: All of them
4: All of them
5: All of them
6: All of them

:monster:

FAR more effort required. If you can't list them in any order, or with any description, then please don't post at all. This post is non-contributory and also considered spam. Deleted

7TH: Final Fantasy XII: Final Fantasy XII was by no means disastrous, in my opinion – but it lacked the quality found elsewhere in the series. Choosing your fights was a neat introduction to the series and the ability to equip any of your characters with any weapon was a good idea. Unfortunately though, the story was mind-numbingly dull, and the characters lacked any real personality.

6TH: Final Fantasy IX: I played through the entire game without the faintest idea as to what the hell was going on. None of the characters motivations made any sense and some of them are just plain ridiculous (like that giant fish/toad hybrid with a giant fork as a weapon). Apart from digging up treasure with your chocobo, the game was disappointing. On the plus side though, the game was very challenging.

5th: Final Fantasy VIII: Despite the fact that Squall only spoke a few times throughout the game I didn’t mind. In fact, if anything, I related to Squall the most. The story was one of the best in the series – and the FMV sequences were stunning (especially the sequence where they try to assassinate Edea at the festival). Apart from the card-game, the game’s longevity was short, however.

4th Final Fantasy X: Great game.

3RD: Final Fantasy V: Great game.

2nd: Final Fantasy X-2: Oh, the embarrassment. Yes, my second favourite game in the series is a game that features three attractive women in highly revealing costumes. Loads of people hate FFX-2, but they’re all idiots (and wrong) – because Final Fantasy X-2 was brilliant. OK, so the story wasn’t that good, and there were only a paltry three characters to choose from, but the fact you could change Yuna’s costume and watch her as she did erotic dance-moves made it all worthwhile. Seriously though, the game was amazing. The longevity value was massive, there were hundreds of tough bosses you could hunt-down after you had completed all the main-quests and the fact you could start a new game and keep all the items you had previously acquired made re-playing through the game a joy. Leblanc and her cronies were unintentionally hilarious too, especially that thin lanky one. Ha-ha.

1st – Final Fantasy VII. Possibly the greatest game I’ve ever played.

Man, that was a long post. I think I need to lye down.

Last edited:
mine goes something like this:
1. FFVII
2.FFIX
3.FFIV
4.FFTA
5.FFX
6. (dirty little secret) FFXII

Missed this one

Put more effort in your post please, we want to see what gaems you rate & WHY

Thankyou ^^

okay I'm changing mine!
my list up there is a tad dated~!!!

#1 is still Final Fantasy V just because I love everything about it including characters, story, and job gameplay.

#2 is definitely Final Fantasy VIII! Squall was cool, I liked the grpahics, Balamb Garden was original (haven't seen that kind of thing in a while)
plus Gunblade is one of my favourite weapons

#3 Final Fantasy XII, I didn't like it as much at first but its grown on me :P
I liked the story but I really hate the gambits, so I turn them off XD
plus Balthier is badass, Sky Pirates are great!

# 4 FFVII, I know everyone else likes it but the whole underground feel to it was so awesome, and I just love how the game looks and feels! plus Barett is METAL AS SH*T!!

# 5 Final Fantasy VI Advance. I really like this game because of all the party members it has, plus fighting moogles, espers, new dungeons
just a great game!

1. Final Fantasy IX. I have to admit that my favour constantly shifts between this one and Final Fantasy VIII, but if I HAD to pick one of them as the best, it would be IX. The character and world design was fantastic, the storyline was exciting and funny, and the ending was the most rewarding of any game I've ever played. The only bad thing about it was trance. How a system as bad as trance actually made it into the final game is a mystery to me, but it is a great game nonetheless.

2. Final Fantasy VIII. For years this one used to be my clear favourite, but recently it has taken a backseat to Final Fantasy IX. The storyline is among the best in the series (which says a lot!), Uematsu's score is THE best of any video game, and the world design was refreshingly unique and very original. I know that a lot of people hated the Draw and junction system, but I absolutely love it and can spend ages customizing my characters.

3. Final Fantasy Tactics. This game was frustratingly hard at times, but at the same time extremely addictive. The storyline would probably have been a bit confusing if it wasn't for the log, but it was compelling all the same, and I loved the dark feel of it all.

4. Final Fantasy X. The universe was probably the most compelling in the series, the storyline was great, and Tidus was a refreshing main character after the 3 previous ones. I did think that the game was a bit too linear though, and the sphere grid seemed a bit pointless. I did like the fact that you were able to change characters in the middle of battle though, and Blitz Ball is my favourite mini game in the series.

5. Final Fantasy VII. Over the past couple of years, Square has whored this game to the extent where even EA or Nintendo would feel bad about it. All the attention has made me a bit weary of it, but it is still a great game.

6. Final Fantasy VI. Great storyline and a great cast of characters. I do wish that they would revisit this title and update the graphics a little. Compared the Chrono Trigger for example, the older Final Fantasy games haven't aged particularly well when it comes to the graphics...

ff7 : because this was actually my first game and it was actually amazing cuz it was like a giant step forward to final fantasy because of the graphics and all

ff10-2 : because I really liked the game system and also because its an all girl game and cuz of the dress spheres

ff12 : Because it the characters are really cool especially Fran and Ashe so well enough said

ff dissidia : Even though I couldn't understand anything there I still really liked it more because its really fun and complex and stuff

ff7 Dirge or Cerberus : I really like using Vincent and the battle system is still amazing but I'm not impressed in the storyline though
ff11 : I really like it when we get to pick our kind and stuff and that we can play with other real players and all

Um. This is hard.

Favorite Final Fantasy Game= Final Fantasy VI
: Amazing Lead character/ characters- Locke Terra Celes
: Amazing music -remember being addicted to the Magitek Factory song for ages
: Good storyline theme. '' Step away from the bad things in your past and move on''.
: Good Villains. Kefka was really brilliant and Gesthal wasn't so bad either.
: SETZER !

Second Favorite = Final Fantasy VII

Loved the Motorbike chase it was the best mini-game in the world. Tifa & Cloud were great and just loved the storyline and Cid's odd sense of humor. Cid was great.

3rd Favorite- Final Fantasy X

Just liked the random Jokes Tidus's shouted out while in battle. The upgrade in Fighting was a nice change. And how you could watch the characters change into better people [ minus Seymour he got worse ] throughout the game. And loved the To Zanankand song that played throughout certian moments in the story. The Ending and the Final Fight was really great too. [ watched/ been through it many times ]

4th Favorite- Final Fantasy IX

It kind of had a cartoony style with it that grows on you. The music was better than VII and VIII's and just liked Zidane's clothes. Yes kind of random but like the game because of character clothing. And Zidane's weapons. Always wanted a pair of dagger weapons since playing FF 9. Again the Villian was cool. Who had the spare time to Auction while still kicking everybody's butt ? That's right, Kuja did !!

5th Fav- Final Fantasy IV

Kind of liked the early romantic side of the game with Cecil and Rosa actually being a pairing at the start of the game and not finding love like X and VIII. Actually really wanted to play this game because of the infamous ''Spoony Bard '' line and just ended up being addicted to the storyline and musical themes. Plus Kain was really cool.

6th Fav- Final Fantasy V

It had Pirates in it ! Always loved Pirates. ^^ And guess it was a nice yet somewhat annoying challenge being really hard ? but also liked Bartz for a lead he was more hyperactive and outgoing which was different from Cecil and Cloud in the future.

Hmm.. This is tough.. Let me start out by saying i haven't played them all or anywhere close. I have only played IV, V,VI,VII,VIII, IX, X, XII, and XIII..

but..

Number 1.. Would have to go to FFX- Loved loved loved loved loved this game.. Probably my favorite game of all time. First ff with voice over so my lazy butt didn't have to read the entire dialouge. Loved the story and im thankful it wasn't as hard to follow as some of the others (slow minded people like me need things kept simple). THe music is also up there with some of the best, and the sphere grid system was top notch. My only critics would be that the game was rather simple, and it was linear as some have harped on. The first to do away with the world map, no more tents or cottages, or shelters :(.. Yuna was the most over powered character of any ff ever. I was spamming 40k repeatedliy on arena monsters with that bee magus sisters passado attack... WTF! I also think even though they had towns they should of made them mean more. I dont think I ever used a shop once in that game lol.. but other than that amazing..

Number 2 goes to ffVII- and you know what honestly this could very well be number 1 it just depends on the day that you ask me. I absoutly loved this game.. I know some think it's overrated but I think it deserves all the recognition it gets, i prefer to think of some of the other ffs as underrated but thats just me. Loved the story, loved the materia system, loved the LIMIT BREAKS, best soundtrack of the ff series imo.. and This probably has the best overall cast of any ff game. They were stacked!! My only crtic for this game would be like in many others you can just plop on materia on any of the characters and get the job done. I like my characters to be diffrent and play diffrent roles in battle. IN ffx sure they can all learn pretty much everything but atleast for a good part of the game the characters have to stay on their designated path in the grid.

3rd would have to go to FFVI.. Yet again another classic..! Had my favorite villan of the ff series which was kefika.. I always had a thing for the funny joker type villans.. Had two of the strongest girls to ever grace the game in Celes and Terra, I loved Locke too.. It Had the biggest party to chose from I think of all the ffs atleast that I played. WHo doesn't love seeing edward go to town with a chain saw? some of the characters I didnt' take a liking to however. Sabin was fat and Cyans face was so hideous in the mug shot that i couldn't dare have him in my party just in fear of seeing it every time i opened up my menu.. I also loved the relics and esper system.. (exp egg and gem box anybody)? Great soundtrack too.. My only critic would be the ending of this game.. I didn't like it at all. It was like they made the ending to set up for a sequel that never happend.. SOOO many unanswered questions..

Number 4 would have to go to ffix.. Loved the comedy from the very beggining of the game when puck refers to vivi as his slave and this game overall was just very well done. Didn't like the fact that the main character had a tail because he was hard to take seriously, but whatever works for him i guess.. ffix also gave birth to my favorite character in rpg history (VIVI).. I love the humble sob.. ALso loved chocbo hot cold and digging up chocgraphs its probalby my favorite sidequest ever. My critics would be that I didn't like the soundtrack as well as some of the others, and the game was rather easy. It also had an uneven amount of split up throughout the game that left your partys levels complelty unbalanced towards the middle of the game.

Number 5 would be ffxii.. ITs funny because the first time through i actually hated it. Probably becuase I played it after X which i idolized so much.. The war theme just didn't suit me and lets be honest out of all the ones I have played this one is probably the most challenging to understand. However going back an replaying it I gained a new respect for the game. THere is no greater feeling than having your gambits set up properly and watching as your party go to town. I also liked the random treasure chest concept and the mark hunts. THis game has a lot of hits but also a lot of misses which is why its at number 5.. As for the flaws i got a bunch.. 1) TRAPS TRAPS TRAPS TRAPS TRAPS.. i don't know whose idea it was to put a gizzilion traps in this game but it was a huge huge fail.. most annoying thing ever is when you try to run to somewhere and every two seconds you get pulverized by a stupid invizible trap.. 2) Other than Balthier and Ashe who i liked a lot all the other characters just didn't do it for me. Thats probably because the game was 1 minute of story 2 hours of fights, 2 minutes of story 3 hours of fights.. Not much story or character development in this game most of it was just entering and leaving dungeons and hacking and slashing.. I would of prefered more of a balance. 3) the music was not that great... Very bland and dry imo.. 4) Money was more scarce in this game than it was in the others.. I found myself not being able to buy a lot of the stuff I wanted cuz there was so much to buy and it was all SO EXPENSIVE.. Still a great game despite its flaws though and I will say the ending was one of the better ones imo..

as for the others I played that didn't make the list I will explain why

ffv- it was a great game don't get me wrong and I'll definlty play it again Loved the job system and gilgamesh but other than that there really isn't that much to say about it...the music was good, I didnt like that there was a ton of girls in the party towards the end though.. Maybe im sexist i dont know but I like more guys or an even amount of guys and girls.. Why do you think i took a glanze at ffx-2's cover and decided not to purchase? But like i said a good game just kinda forgetable one in the series..

ffviii-hmm... TO be honest i cant give a fair representation of this game because I'm still playing it as we speak.. (im somewhere in the middle of disc two).. SO i can only go off of what i have done so far and I have to say.. FOr the most part im not impressed.. THe music so far has been stellar I'll give it that and the story is picking up and im starting to like it so far but I have a couple problems with this game atm.. First of all, the junction system, YES THE JUNCTION SYSTEM.. I don't like drawing its repetitve and annoying.. ALso i have hp-j and used 100 reflects to boost my hp up as well as the hp 20% +40% bonus abililtes from diablos.. I have 4500 hp on my Irvine... Um hi Im lvl 15.. Lvl 15's aren't supposed to have 4000+ hp.. The monsters are hitting me for like 19.. Its a tad ridicoulous.. My other main problem is actaully with locating the places to progress the story.. I am always getting LOST IN THIS GAME.. why you ask? because EVERYTIME i have to go into some LITTLE ASS NOOOK OR CRANNY to reach my destination.. half the time i don't even know that that was an option to go in the area is so small.. They could of made the areas of the game a little more easily assecable if you want my honest opnion.. And I'm sorry but are there armor and accesories in this game? Because so far i haven't seen any.. I already know there is no mana -.-.. I was about to give up on this game to be honest but thank god the story started to pick up towards the end of disc one right around the (assasnation attempt).. SO i will repost as i continue to progress throughout the game but those are my current thoughts..

and lastly ffiv.. Im about to tear this game apart so ffiv fanboys cover your eyes! This game to me is the most overrated of the ff series.. Thats right this game isn't terrible by any means but it has a lot A LOT of flaws.. FIrst of all let me start out by saying this is the only ff that i have played where the beginning of the game was A LOT harder than the middle or end of the game.. I am playing the ps version btw.. I think thats the hard version although I cannot be sure. But seriously my characters were getting dropped left and right every battle in the beginning of this game. probably because that idiot telias had a set amount of 90 mana.. He probably gets one mana per birthday that old coot.. Next flaw being that stupid idiot edward hiding in battle everytime somebody taps him on the shoulder.. HI YOUR IN MY PARTY SO FIGHT YOU PANSY.. He pissed me off so much the first time i saw him.. Next flaw would be that you had no control over your party or their abilities.. they were all set leaving you with no customability what so ever.. NONE.. Sure Kain made jumping famous but lets be honest here THATS BECAUSE ITS ALL HE COULD DO.. Next flaw would be oh ya the status effects dont show so you have no way of knowing when they run out.. This works really well when your say, I don't know fighting bahamut with reflect and it wears off without your knowledge and then he splashes you in the face and you get greeted to game over screen.. Last big flaw is the lenght of the game itself.. My poor brother wanted to watch me play he went to take a crap for twenty minutes and when he came back I had beaten it already.. By far the shortest ff That I have played.. I will say it did have its good points to i thought the story was pretty decent for the most part and the fact that every character had a designated role was nice even though it could of used a lot more customabliity..

so those are my thoughts.. enjoy, hate, whatever you will..

1) FF VII-I think it has the best story and some of the greatest character's in the FF series it is the FF that brought me into the series so it will always be my favorite.

2)FF X-It was a great game and the aeon's and battle system were brilliant it had a simple but great story. I liked playing blitzball just to get away from the story so it was a great mini game to play.

3)FF IX-The game was good I like the character's especially Vivi and I thought it was great they showed a crystal in the game one thing I loved about the original FF's the crystal's so it was brilliant that they had one in the game.

4)FF VIII-It had a complex story but that only made the game better and I liked the character's and junction system. I liked how they had the Gunblade in the game one of my favorite weapon's of the FF series.

5)FF VII Crisis Core-It was a great game I liked it mainly cause of the story and how it explain's the event's of VII more clearly. I also liked doing the extra mission's as some were challenging.

6)FF Dissidia- I liked the game cause it was different and the battle's were a lot of fun.

6!

Final Fantasy VII Crisis Core

You're not over 9,000, Zack but you sure make me laugh. Now I didn't play Crisis Core but I did watch the entire story on YouTube from beginning to end and I have to say with the exception of Genesis going on and on with Loveless making me want to rip off his one wing and beat him to death with it, it was pretty good. As far as prequels goes it was one of the best I had the pleasure of viewing and the voice acting was a huge improvement from Vincent's spin-off game.

5!

Final Fantasy IX

You have a monkey tail, and that's awesome! But enough about tails let talk about the actual game. Final Fantasy IX goes back to its roots and does so with style. It really does bring out the Fantasy aspect of the series, and while I never manage to get far into it (Always got stuck at one part) it still gets a spot on my top six for just being an enjoyable game. I like me some Princess and Vivi, yes, yes.

4!

Final Fantasy VIII

Gunblades aside, I thought this game had a great story, fun gameplay, good music, great cast of characters and an overall fun world map to explore with enough sidequests to keep me entertained while messing around on disc 2. I never got tired of the story and often looked forward to seeing the next plot development.

3!

Final Fantasy

The game that started it all, the original Final Fantasy. It plot may be simple, it may have no character development whatsoever but it's a classic nonetheless. The story that is there is enough to get me interested and the classes you can choose from at the start were plenty fun. And I'm a sucker for the classics.

2!

Final Fantasy VII

Fun gameplay, great story, good cast of characters and perhaps the best replayabilty I've seen found in a game. It's easy to see why this was a best-seller and looking pass how over-hyped and overrated it has become over the years Final Fantasy VII still stands the test of time as one of the best video games of all time. Hiyah!

1!

Final Fantasy X

There is nothing about this game I don't like, except maybe Tidus, but even he plays his role well so I can't complain all that much. Next to Monster Rancher, Final Fantasy X are one of those games I could play again and again. Everything about it just brings out my love. I only wish I could play as Yuna (Oh wait they did that, and it sucked... nvm). Final Fantasy X to me is as much fun to watch as it is to play :awesome:

1º-Final Fantasy IX

I absolutely adore this game,it's characters(Vivi is just one of the best characters ever made to a video game!),musics (Over those hill,melodies of life,Vivi's theme,you're not alone,a lot of them), and gameplay.Beat it 5 times,I think.

Just loved to play Hot n' Cold,really really liked the traditional scenario and plot,Tetra master,Eidolons story, *shrugs*

It's one of the greatest RPGs ever made,to me.

Below...
Not less important,although I don't like these as much as IX,they will always have importance to me as a big fan of the franchise.

Final Fantasy VII

It's just impossible to don't like Final Fantasy VII.It had great characters(prefered Cid ever,Tifa and Aerith were awesome too,really liked all of them,except for Yuffie and Vincent. The Turks were funny),great music,great plot,great graphics(for the time,although I don't like playing as a playmobile).

Materia system is REALLY addicting.Liked the summons too (one bahamut was great already,FF7 had 3 \o/)

Final Fantasy V

What a great game to play.Beat it 3 times,the job system rulez,Bartz,Lenna,Faris and mainly,Galuf,were really cool.

I like the funny stuff on it too,and the sidequests some jobs offered(like the piano stuff,Holy/Meteor, Summons hidden in the world,it had 3 good world maps),without mentioning Gilgamesh,Clash on the Big Bridge and,of course,Galuf fightning against Exdeath,omg.

Final Fantasy XII

Besides what some people says,XII was good,and I mean REALLY good.Good and complex story,long gameplay(biggest save on a FF game,more than 200 hours on it) good characters(Basch and Gabranth are two of my favorites characters of the franchise)an amazing orchestrated sountrack,enormous scenarios to explore,a good and free battle system that you can actually choose if you will fight or not,because you can see all enemies.Love Ivalice too,best world to me,really complex and alive.(no surprise it was used in a lot of other pearls ,like FFT or Vagrant)

Final Fantasy VI

I prefer V for the Job system,but in general,have to admit VI was better.Great characters (Terra is definitely one of the best heroines ever,Edgar pwns too,really like most of them,except for Mog and Umaro)plot,world map,quests(Dragon's quest was cool,Cyan dream,coliseum,etc)

Really liked the fact that they had unique abilities too (Terra's morpho,Locke's steal ability,Edgar equipment,Strago's Lore,Gau's Rages,etc),music was fantastic too.Maybe with a remake,it would be my prefered one.

Final Fantasy IV

Great game,great characters,music.Cecil and Rosa are the best couple of the series,in my opinion.

The battle system was ok too.Just don't like the trading of characters the whole time.

Besides that,Really liked the world map(lots of vehicles,the possibility to go to the moon,or the core of the planet)and everything else(developer's room was funny)

Last edited:
1. IX, What more can i say about this game that i already haven't? My favourite game of all time, the most amazing story and soundtrack ever, perfection.

2. VI, My first FF ever, some of my favourite characters ever with an amazing story, for it's time (I didn't play it till about 1998) no story in any game was anywhere near as long, deep or complex. Probably technically the greatest FF game ever but it comes second to IX for me.

3. VII, How could anyone not love this game? Probably the most popular of all of them, and for a good reason, this game had one of the greatest stories ever told, would of been worthy of a book or even a movie. Having not played this game for about 4 years, i still find myself thinking about it, or humming a tune from time to time (My work mates can't stand me whistling the Cosmo Canyon theme!).
If only there wasn't so many stupid minigames during serious plot it could possibly take second.

4. V, I loved everything about this game as much as (almost) any FF, great music, and story, but the best thing about this game BY FAR, is the job system, being able to have such a versatile party is why i love the next game as well.

5. XII, people wrongly criticize this game without giving it a fair chance, or without even playing it (much like IX), alot of them trying to fit in and wanting people to think they're totz old skewl FF fans, well they can all go jump face first into a wood chipper, because this game is brilliant.
They tried something new, and different, having the story focus less on the characters and more on the world, while it isn't the best in the series, if you follow it closely and actually pay attention it's very clever.

6. X, Another great game with a beautiful story, could of been alot better if they got some of the characters right, although some of them are awesome.
Probably clocked up the most hours on this one, because of my genuine 100% completion file.

1 - FFIX: Aww, the first FF i acquired! Not only because it was the first I played more extensively (over 12 to 14 times :ffs:), but is one of few that remain magical, with a sense of replaying it! It also combines powerful graphics (best game in PSX, anyone?) with funny and dense character's (right, but remove Quina :D). Though, I realized that after the thirth disc (
probably after the dead of Branhe
) the game loses many of its qualities and becomes monotonous.

2- FFX: Ok, ignoring Tidus voice, this is one of the most competent FF games. Has a very intense storyline and very intense characters and the introduction of characters with voice and more diverse themes boosted the FF sensation.

3- FFXII: I really enjoyed to play this game srsly! The fact the game having political themes and very conscious characters, brought something deeper than ever to SE. Only the ending turns quite out to be weak and awfully short, and besides the main story, sidequests turn out to be boring when you replay the game.

4 - FFVIII: Squall is a dumbass sometimes. Sometimes I just wanted to hit him so hard! Eventually he softens his heart later on, but in my opinion the characters aren't the main attraction on VIII. The landscapes, the sidequests, the many houses to explore, the exploring itself is the calling card. The storyline and the vilains are very interesting and remarkable.

5 - FFVII: I just played this game so recently, that I barely had time to internalize and have an accurate opinion. I understand why is so loved and I almost cried the point Aeris dies too. But because of being sooooh dated and cause I played fully just last year, the feeling I got is of emptiness and of not touching it once more. I'd love it to be re-released in this gen of consoles, so this way I would enjoy without any prejudgment!

6 - FFXIII: I was in doubt here, between X-2, VI or XIII. X-2 little improves and is a squell (boring and dull at times). VI I haven't reached the ending and I wasn't liking it. So XIII made it to my chart! Ive discussed why I love and why I hate it, so let it be.

FFIV: One of my favorite games of all time. I love Cecil's transformation through the game. It was also one of the first games to have characters with real personalities. Also, the end before the final battle always makes me cry.

FFVI: I love all the characters in this game and I thought Terra had the best development of any character in the series. It has two of my favorite moments from the entire series. The opera and the world destruction. It also has my favorite FF villian.

FFVII: Great characters and story. Has one of the most emotional moments in the series. Also, the end is one of the few that makes me cry.

FFIX: The most replayable FF game for me. Awesome characters. The game is very lighthearted yet very dark at the same time. Best side quests of the series.

FFV: The job system was fun and it has one of the most badass female characters in the series.

FFVIII: Had a fun battle system. And the story is one that is not straight foreward. Also, ending was very emotional for two minor characters.

• Final Fantasy VI - You know in many games nowadays where they have a cast with quite a significant amount of characters and therefore fail in giving each of them sufficient development? FFVI doesn't suffer from this (debatable with one or two of them though) and it's given us really well-written characters such as Terra and Celes and characters that you just can't help but love - Locke, Setzer and Ultros for example. I loved the story and it has several memorable parts to it that made FFVI such a step forward from its competitors at the time. And it also gave us Kefka, one of the most powerful and insane bastards ever seen in the world of villains.
  • Final Fantasy IX - PSone era Final Fantasy at its best. I just laugh off the criticisms made by people that haven't even played this game that the art style looks too kiddy and that the story must be kiddy as well. Wrong, wrong, wrong. It's funny how this "kiddy"-looking game has given us one of the best and most entertaining storylines in the series complete with an aesthetically odd, but fascinating characters with some classic moments of interaction between them. In terms of balance, the game managed it nearly perfectly, save the rather stupid Trance system.
  • Final Fantasy IV - A milestone if you think about it. FFIV was where plot suddenly became a excelled part of Final Fantasy and it's easy to see why. Despite the fact that it's clearly aged since its release, FFIV's plot still manages to tug at my heartstrings with various emotional points in there such as Cecil's contemplation of himself and Tellah's role in the story. I also rather liked Golbez as a villain as well. He's quite generic now and a cliché, but he was a good villain nonetheless.
  • Final Fantasy VII - Yes. I spend a lot of my time here saying "nay" to a FFVII remake. Doesn't mean I hate the game. No. Because it's number 4 on the list here for good reasons. It may not have been the best of the series, but it certainly delivered in many departments. The story in itself is very memorable and in many parts I really enjoyed where it was going - even if Aerith's death was a real tear-jerker. I love the modernised world approach, and the exploration of themes that were never before done in Final Fantasy. Yes, Sephiroth may be very overrated at times, but he was certainly a very capable villain. Hats off to him.
  • Final Fantasy X - The fact that they took a rather linear approach in this game - getting rid of a traversible world map for example - disappointed me a bit, but FFX still excels in its storyline. While I didn't quite cry, FFX's story was still a very emotional one especially as we see the development of Tidus's relationship with not only Yuna, but also towards his father. FFX gave us a very emotional ending and if it left it that way it could have been perfect. Which is why I sometimes don't acknowledge the existence of FFX-2. Liked the Sphere Grid thing as well surprisingly.
  • Final Fantasy XII - Vaan sucks. Check. Long dungeons suck. Check. Lack of real emotion in the story...check. They're among a few of my dislikes towards the game, but at least FFXII made up for it elsewhere. The MMO-style battle system wasn't too bad actually. A bit slow at times yes, but I found it to be a breath of fresh air - and still do. The towns in this game are just sublime to look at and run around in. I've missed that in FFXIII. The rather political aspects of the story were really enjoyable and once again, that offered something new.

Back