Zanmato Note: I can't spell

did you use zanmato to kill the harder monsters?

• yes

Votes: 8 33.3%
  • no

Votes: 16 66.7%

• Total voters
i use it for fun
since there no challenge in using zanmato against the dark aeons and penance

Short and sweet: No.

The characters can becomes so freak'n boosted that Aeons are of really no used except for Monster Arena sacrifices late in the game. Early in the game though it could be useful.

I'm going to be honest and say yes but only in my first file, my characters where kinda weak, but the second time through the game i trained like hell and whooped ass. Hooray for me! :)

I don't like using cheap ways to win battles like that because it takes the challenge out of the game. I prefer beating down the enemy and if im not strong enough to do it i level up until i can beat it

I didnt use it on the dark aeons because they were there for fun...no point in using Zanmato to beat them...but i think i might of used it on some of the 'story bosses'

I only ever pay Yojimbo 1 gil so if Zanmato gets used it's pure luck.

I'm at the point now with Yojimbo's strength that any attack he does and whatever I pay him, he'll do 99,999 HP of damage. I think though there comes a point though if you constantly pay him 1 gil, he has the choice to just dismiss himself from the battle and leave you hanging out to dry.

I paid him over 200,000 gil just to join me so I would have thought that anything extra would have been a sweet bonus.

I use Yojimbo only if I have to. The good thing is you can pay him 1 gil and he will perform Wakizashi.

O, and I figure it how can Yojimbo perform Zanmato easier. When he's Overdrive gauge fills up, pay him 100,000 or more gil and he will surely perform Zanmato.

no exactly, i've paid him 1,000,000 gil and all he did was send his dam dog out to kick the enemy

i apologise if i spelt the ultimate attack of yojimbo wrong also if i spelt yojimbo wrong, but i got a question who actually used zanmato to kill the harder monsters, such as the dark aeons etc, and not actually beat them the hard way, you know what i mean

no, i use oblivion

i even never use the aeon, the only reason i got him was to get Anima and Magus Sisters, worst Aeon ever if you ask me...
once paid him 100k gil in the hope he uses Zanmato... he used his fucking dog, since that moment i never used him ever again

however, i do have to say that he has an awesome dodging chance, but it's pointless if he doesn't use powerful attacks, like i would do with Anima, who can soak a lot of damage and has the best overdrive in the game

Last edited:
Honestly, yes. But only on my first playthrough. Kinda takes the challenge out of the game.

no, i use oblivion

i even never use the aeon, the only reason i got him was to get Anima and Magus Sisters, worst Aeon ever if you ask me...
once paid him 100k gil in the hope he uses Zanmato... he used his fucking dog, since that moment i never used him ever again

however, i do have to say that he has an awesome dodging chance, but it's pointless if he doesn't use powerful attacks, like i would do with Anima, who can soak a lot of damage and has the best overdrive in the game

same here, i payed him like 1 000 000 gil then all he did was use the dog... i never used him again, only to block attacks

and the worst thing is that in FFX-2, when you fight dark yojimbo, you get like 2-3 Zanmato's slammed into your face and you go like, wtf? 1hp and 1mp?

sure was a tough fight since 2 of my main fighters were MP users(white mage and black mage)

makes you hate the FFX yojimbo a lot more...

and the worst thing is that in FFX-2, when you fight dark yojimbo, you get like 2-3 Zanmato's slammed into your face and you go like, wtf? 1hp and 1mp?

sure was a tough fight since 2 of my main fighters were MP users(white mage and black mage)

makes you hate the FFX yojimbo a lot more...

that it does, but that was the point of yojimbo because of the move, but since i'm one of the guys that never use it i hated it

you actually got him to use zanmato? I tried so hard to get him to use it, but he never did. how much do you have to pay him to use it?

Back