A Story of A Love... A CloudxAerith Club

Just wondering... what is everyone's thoughts on Aerith's death scene and how Cloud reacts and feels?

I always thought it was pretty dang heartbreaking and tragic. I also thought it conveyed feelings that went a lot deeper than just friendship. I mean, why would Cloud say Sephiroth's plan to destroy the world and kill everyone on it didn't mean a thing now that Aerith was dead if he didn't love her in some way? :/

Just my two cents, what about you all?

I thought that, honestly that Cloud cried. But because of the dated graphics, it's hard to see if Cloud is showing those emotions. And Cloud usually keeps his emotions shielded, or he is cold-hearted around other people. It would be typical of him, not to care. After all, he didn't care about Yuffie's feelings when she told Cloud that her village is suffering because of the war that happened in her village. And the fact that he cared about Aerith, and broke open and shared his emotions, explains alot. Love was there, though sadly alot of people deny it.

I thought that Cloti was pronounced ''Clo-tee '' or ''Clo- tie''. ?!?
:hmmm:

I thought that, honestly that Cloud cried. But because of the dated graphics, it's hard to see if Cloud is showing those emotions. And Cloud usually keeps his emotions shielded, or he is cold-hearted around other people. It would be typical of him, not to care. After all, he didn't care about Yuffie's feelings when she told Cloud that her village is suffering because of the war that happened in her village. And the fact that he cared about Aerith, and broke open and shared his emotions, explains alot. Love was there, though sadly alot of people deny it.

I thought that Cloti was pronounced ''Clo-tee '' or ''Clo- tie''. ?!?
:hmmm:
I completely agree. This showing of so much heartbreak and emotion is still(to this very day)the most pain, heartbreak, and sadness Cloud's ever displayed for anyone.

I very much believe Cloud cried. He cried with zack, so why not aerith? Im not saying that SE says he cried, i just believe he did but cant see it cause of the graphics. The only difference i see is the fact Zack actually had final words with Cloud, he had stuff to say so it kinda gave Cloud a bit MORE closure than in aerith's death, where she died straight away.

What i find interesting is the stuff Cloud says, he talks an awful lot about HIMSELF. And what HE should do, whatever you may think those things mean doesnt matter, he feels he is at lost now that she is gone. If he didnt feel so strongly about her, he wouldnt say those things. He would mourn like he did with Zack, but in Aerith's death, he didnt even care the person who killed her is standing infront of him, he didnt even care about his plans, all he kept talking about was how she was gone. He feels LOST, IMO i think he feels ALONE now that she is gone.

And as Aerith describes, Cloud's HEART broke in tiny pieces in that moment. It crushed him. People keep saying that happened with Zack too so it shouldnt be made a fuss over, but guess what kiddies? it doesnt say it anywhere, so stop saying it did. Only consider the things that were actually said.

Cloud was so grief stricken about her death he went into depression for 2 years, sure you can also say he was grieving for Zack. Well unfortunately, Nomura didnt say that Cloud's guilt can be removed by Aerith AND zack. Nope, he only said AERITH HERSELF. Meaning most of cloud's depression is from her death, and shes the ONLY ONE who can forgive him ( at least he thinks so ). That to me says an awful lot about how Cloud felt about Aerith. Zack's death shocked him sure, but not enough that he isnt able to visit his grave, but he literally cannot visit Aerith's. He is crippled by the pain. Far too many emotions for a mere friend if you ask me.

4dc6a642Cz6a31xd.png

55b8964c1f672c70cfc39f7af2e72dcd-d3fwsv0.jpg

I promised Cali id draw a little Cloud and Aerith so here it is ^^

Val, I'm adding that post to the front page. It'll be titled "Cloud's Grief - words from Kaleta" okay? :jess:

What i find interesting is the stuff Cloud says, he talks an awful lot about HIMSELF. And what HE should do, whatever you may think those things mean doesnt matter, he feels he is at lost now that she is gone. If he didnt feel so strongly about her, he wouldnt say those things. He would mourn like he did with Zack, but in Aerith's death, he didnt even care the person who killed her is standing infront of him, he didnt even care about his plans, all he kept talking about was how she was gone. He feels LOST, IMO i think he feels ALONE now that she is gone.
Yup, it's the way he's speaking so personally that seems to prove he felt love for her. In DISMANTLED Cloud even says to himself...

What did she do?
Why did Aerith have to die?
What am I supposed to do about this anger... it's endlessly boiling and burning up my body.
-Dismantled

See how Cloud says "what am I supposed to do?" it's almost the same thing he says during her death when he says "What are WE supposed to do?" only difference is that in one it's "I" and the other it's "we"... strange little coincidence, huh? Proves even further that in that scene Cloud's speaking about him and Aerith as apposed to all of their friends. Which, in itself proves Cloud loves Aerith.

Something I've always loved in that scene is that as Sephiroth rants on with his plan to kill the planet and everyone on it(which, just so happens to include Tifa) Cloud tells him that "his stupid plan" didn't mean a thing now that Aerith was gone. To me, if Cloud can write off a threat to the planet and everyone on it solely because she died in his arms, I can bet there's immutable love there, too. If he didn't love her, why throw away everything else in the world just cuz she died? After all, Tifa was still alive, if he loved her she should be every reason in his life to want to live. Does that happen? No.

Cloud literally says to hell with everyone else, she's gone, I don't give a crap now.

Which is reinforced by the fact that Cloud didn't care one bit about the planet or the people facing danger before he met Aerith. Tifa had to practically beg Cloud to stay behind and help, and even then he told them he still wanted pay, so he wasn't doing it for the good of the world or even for his "childhood friend" Tifa.

But as soon as he meets Aerith, he literally hurls himself into her world, gradually growing a concern for the planet... it's as if falling in love with her opened up his heart and he began to care for what she cared for... which was the planet.

And I 100 percent agree about him feeling alone after she died. In DISMANTLED(man I quote this book a lot, lol) even Tifa says after he lost Aerith "he became more reticent than ever" and that he "didn't only lose Aerith but a piece of him also seemed lost"

27. In Gast's home, Tifa said Cloud was even more reticent after Aerith's death. She failed finding suitable words to console him, because "he didn't seem to lose Aerith only, a piece of him also seemed lost." She kept saying that she'd never forgive Hojo.

Then, with that newest quote for ACC, it says Cloud was "suffering in loneliness" before he realized Aerith was always with him.

And when he turns around--- "she" is starting to leave. Together with the friend who had given Cloud his life. Cloud no longer has to suffer in loneliness... And so they too go back to where they belong.

It just proves how lonely and heartbroken Cloud was over her.

And as Aerith describes, Cloud's HEART broke in tiny pieces in that moment. It crushed him. People keep saying that happened with Zack too so it shouldnt be made a fuss over, but guess what kiddies? it doesnt say it anywhere, so stop saying it did. Only consider the things that were actually said.
Ugh, I hate when people say that chiz. it's like, if Cloud's heart broke over Zack's death too... PROVIDE THE QUOTE PLEASE, KTHNXBYE. They can go ahead and speculate on how Cloud felt, but until there's a quote saying so it's just their fanboy/girl minds getting the best of them. :/

Cloud was so grief stricken about her death he went into depression for 2 years, sure you can also say he was grieving for Zack. Well unfortunately, Nomura didnt say that Cloud's guilt can be removed by Aerith AND zack. Nope, he only said AERITH HERSELF. Meaning most of cloud's depression is from her death, and shes the ONLY ONE who can forgive him ( at least he thinks so ). That to me says an awful lot about how Cloud felt about Aerith. Zack's death shocked him sure, but not enough that he isnt able to visit his grave, but he literally cannot visit Aerith's. He is crippled by the pain. Far too many emotions for a mere friend if you ask me.
Yup. Just the mere fact that Cloud can visit Zack's grave but he can't bring himself to even go near Aerith's death site says a whole helluva lot. It undoubtedly is far far far too many heartbroken emotions for Cloud supposedly just being a "friend", I completely agree.

T_T

Did you draw that first picture too? It's really pretty. And also, I love that childhood fanart, Val. It's amazing. T_T

Val, I'm adding that post to the front page. It'll be titled "Cloud's Grief - words from Kaleta" okay? :jess:
Sure thing ^^

Yup, it's the way he's speaking so personally that seems to prove he felt love for her. In DISMANTLED Cloud even says to himself...

What did she do?
Why did Aerith have to die?
What am I supposed to do about this anger... it's endlessly boiling and burning up my body.
-Dismantled

See how Cloud says "what am I supposed to do?" it's almost the same thing he says during her death when he says "What are WE supposed to do?" only difference is that in one it's "I" and the other it's "we"... strange little coincidence, huh? Proves even further that in that scene Cloud's speaking about him and Aerith as apposed to all of their friends. Which, in itself proves Cloud loves Aerith.
Exactly, i remember all the arguments about Cloud speaking about EVERYONE in terms of what are they suppose to do to beat sephy now that shes gone. But whats funny is that, Cloud HIMSELF didnt care about Sephys plan ... so why would he be speaking about it when he doesnt care?

Though i think if you said that quote to some clotis they would tell you that those two quotes are different, cause one says about the anger cloud feels ( and so cant be directed to others ) and the other one says in general what are they meant to do now. But i stand by what i said, that quote about not knowing what to do is meant for Cloud and Aerith, cause if it was for everyone and what do they have to do now, Cloud sure told them "no" when he clearly brushed off Sephy, its only logical to think hes talking about himself and aerith since he didnt care about anyone else and sephy's plan to kill them all. He states this himself.

Though be careful in stating THIS proves he loves Aerith. Cause it doesnt, it shows his feelings for her yes, but clotis would jump at the chance to say SE has never said he loves her, and its only our interpretations. Sure its our interpretations, but it makes a hella lot more sense than theirs. So be careful k?

Something I've always loved in that scene is that as Sephiroth rants on with his plan to kill the planet and everyone on it(which, just so happens to include Tifa) Cloud tells him that "his stupid plan" didn't mean a thing now that Aerith was gone. To me, if Cloud can write off a threat to the planet and everyone on it solely because she died in his arms, I can bet there's immutable love there, too. If he didn't love her, why throw away everything else in the world just cuz she died? After all, Tifa was still alive, if he loved her she should be every reason in his life to want to live. Does that happen? No.

Cloud literally says to hell with everyone else, she's gone, I don't give a crap now.
Exactly. He cant be talking about everyone when he just said he doesnt care anymore. He is a broken man, confused and lost. He basically is having another mini breakdown right there, which aerith said before she left, DONT HAVE ONE CLOUD lol

Which is reinforced by the fact that Cloud didn't care one bit about the planet or the people facing danger before he met Aerith. Tifa had to practically beg Cloud to stay behind and help, and even then he told them he still wanted pay, so he wasn't doing it for the good of the world or even for his "childhood friend" Tifa.

But as soon as he meets Aerith, he literally hurls himself into her world, gradually growing a concern for the planet... it's as if falling in love with her opened up his heart and he began to care for what she cared for... which was the planet.
I get annoyed at people who state Cloud only acts like this cause of Zack. Erm no, Cloud doesnt even know what Aerith looks like, he doesnt even know anything about Zack's relationship with her. And Cloud only had Zacks SOLDIER persona. Not his entire being ... its not like they freaking merged and now everything Cloud does is linked to Zack. Funny how that isnt ever applied when hes around tifa *rolls eyes*

And I 100 percent agree about him feeling alone after she died. In DISMANTLED(man I quote this book a lot, lol) even Tifa says after he lost Aerith "he became more reticent than ever" and that he "didn't only lose Aerith but a piece of him also seemed lost"

27. In Gast's home, Tifa said Cloud was even more reticent after Aerith's death. She failed finding suitable words to console him, because "he didn't seem to lose Aerith only, a piece of him also seemed lost." She kept saying that she'd never forgive Hojo.

This is why clotis dont like DISMANTLED. They dont like the evidence and so it MUST NEVER BE USED /tard

If tifa herself says how broken Cloud is, then he is freaking broken ok?! If tifa herself say that not only did HE lose aerith, but a piece of himself aswell. If she says it, dont say otherwise >_> its interesting that Tifa compares losing aerith and losing a piece of himself ( cloud ) in the same sentence. It actually shows there is a link of Cloud feeling lost, feeling guilty, feeling confused and feeling anger with the lost of aerith. But whats more interesting is that she says HE lost her. Not everyone, HE loses her.

Sure clotis can say "its cause she was talking about Cloud, so she has to be talking about him only" yes thats true, but that doesnt take away the fact that Aerith was lost and Cloud lost a piece of himself in the process. Make the link people.

I also like the fact she says Cloud becomes MORE reticent after her death. Meaning to Tifa he was already like this, but then becomes MORE afterwards. But we all know, he wasnt like this around Aerith. He was willing and open minded in everything, he shared stories with a complete stranger. That should show the difference on how Tifa sees Cloud and how Aerith sees cloud. Aerith was helping him open up and helped him break free of his shell ( in which imo, he felt safe in ), but then when she left, Cloud couldnt go back to the shell no more cause it was broken, and so feels at lost as to where he should go now. Thus his words of "What are WE suppose to do"

Then, with that newest quote for ACC, it says Cloud was "suffering in loneliness" before he realized Aerith was always with him.

And when he turns around--- "she" is starting to leave. Together with the friend who had given Cloud his life. Cloud no longer has to suffer in loneliness... And so they too go back to where they belong.

It just proves how lonely and heartbroken Cloud was over her.
I believe cloud thought he could have some happiness, and tries to move on. He feels happy at one point ( CoT ) but then he starts to suffer, he starts feeling lonely and there was nothing Tifa or the children could do to help him, thus he leaves and waits to die. Please note the timeline here, he WAS happy, and then he wasnt. It means IT DIDNT WORK OUT in CoT with tifa.

Ugh, I hate when people say that chiz. it's like, if Cloud's heart broke over Zack's death too... PROVIDE THE QUOTE PLEASE, KTHNXBYE. They can go ahead and speculate on how Cloud felt, but until there's a quote saying so it's just their fanboy/girl minds getting the best of them. :/
Cloud feels guilty over Zacks death, thats a fact. Whether his heart "broke" is another matter. There is no quote to say so, so they shouldnt say there is, they can interpret sure, but dont say it like its a fact. There is a quote that says it for Aerith, so it shouldnt be dismissed and shouldnt be interpreted otherwise. There is nothing thats not usable when providing evidence. And here i quote Alan;

"You know what's not usable? NOTHING. Zip-Zero-zilch.

If it's out there, use it. Somebody obviously thought it was important enough to make and somebody else signed off that it was okay.

If they start making a list of what you can and cannot use, you give them a list of things they can't use.

I suggest you include "things in Final Fantasy VII", "vowels", and possibly "the English Language". If they had an argument, they'd still be able to argue it whether you use Final fantasy VII-2 Part 3: The Spin-offining or not. "

Yup. Just the mere fact that Cloud can visit Zack's grave but he can't bring himself to even go near Aerith's death site says a whole helluva lot. It undoubtedly is far far far too many heartbroken emotions for Cloud supposedly just being a "friend", I completely agree.
It means his guilt for Zack is lesser than his guilt for Aerith. Sure some people say that doesnt have to imply romance, but it says alot about who weighs more in Cloud's mind when it comes to the deaths. Hell the fact Nomura states that Cloud is DESIGNED to ONLY take Aerith's forgiveness already gives you a clue about who he is really depressed about.

T_T

Did you draw that first picture too? It's really pretty. And also, I love that childhood fanart, Val. It's amazing. T_T
The first one no, its from that site you gave me, im stalking the artist now lol

The second one yes as you know <3

Exactly, i remember all the arguments about Cloud speaking about EVERYONE in terms of what are they suppose to do to beat sephy now that shes gone. But whats funny is that, Cloud HIMSELF didnt care about Sephys plan ... so why would he be speaking about it when he doesnt care?
Yeah, lol, good point xD

Though i think if you said that quote to some clotis they would tell you that those two quotes are different, cause one says about the anger cloud feels ( and so cant be directed to others ) and the other one says in general what are they meant to do now. But i stand by what i said, that quote about not knowing what to do is meant for Cloud and Aerith, cause if it was for everyone and what do they have to do now, Cloud sure told them "no" when he clearly brushed off Sephy, its only logical to think hes talking about himself and aerith since he didnt care about anyone else and sephy's plan to kill them all. He states this himself.
I don't care what they'd say. I know what it means. Good point, though, Val. If it was supposed to be talking about all of their friends Cloud wouldn't say at the same time that he didn't care if Sephiroth's plan to kill the planet was played out or not.

Though be careful in stating THIS proves he loves Aerith. Cause it doesnt, it shows his feelings for her yes, but clotis would jump at the chance to say SE has never said he loves her, and its only our interpretations. Sure its our interpretations, but it makes a hella lot more sense than theirs. So be careful k?
Well, since we're not debating I think it's okay to say we think something proves Cloud loves Aerith. It's not like any of us are going to ague it.

but I get what you mean xD thanks for the headsup xD

Exactly. He cant be talking about everyone when he just said he doesnt care anymore. He is a broken man, confused and lost. He basically is having another mini breakdown right there, which aerith said before she left, DONT HAVE ONE CLOUD lol
:sad3:

I completely agree, Val. :ryan:

I get annoyed at people who state Cloud only acts like this cause of Zack. Erm no, Cloud doesnt even know what Aerith looks like, he doesnt even know anything about Zack's relationship with her. And Cloud only had Zacks SOLDIER persona. Not his entire being ... its not like they freaking merged and now everything Cloud does is linked to Zack. Funny how that isnt ever applied when hes around tifa *rolls eyes*
:ffs: I hate when they do that too. They don't give Cloud ANY credit for anything he felt or did towards Aerith and it's just sad. I just hope they know when they say that it counts for Tifa as well. :ffs: Also, at least they admit it's romantic, though right?

This is why clotis dont like DISMANTLED. They dont like the evidence and so it MUST NEVER BE USED /tard
but of course :wacky:

If tifa herself says how broken Cloud is, then he is freaking broken ok?! If tifa herself say that not only did HE lose aerith, but a piece of himself aswell. If she says it, dont say otherwise >_> its interesting that Tifa compares losing aerith and losing a piece of himself ( cloud ) in the same sentence. It actually shows there is a link of Cloud feeling lost, feeling guilty, feeling confused and feeling anger with the lost of aerith. But whats more interesting is that she says HE lost her. Not everyone, HE loses her.
I completely agree. If even Tifa can see how broken he was over Aerith then the fans definitely should, as well. I love that quote solely for the fact that Cloud is singled out amongst the other friends, as well. It's very interesting that it's Cloud that lost Aerith and not about all the friends.

Also, I love the part where Tifa says Cloud becomes mroe silent after her death, more proof to show he's shutting down inside.

Sure clotis can say "its cause she was talking about Cloud, so she has to be talking about him only" yes thats true, but that doesnt take away the fact that Aerith was lost and Cloud lost a piece of himself in the process. Make the link people.
Exactly. It's not rocket science. :gonk:

I also like the fact she says Cloud becomes MORE reticent after her death. Meaning to Tifa he was already like this, but then becomes MORE afterwards. But we all know, he wasnt like this around Aerith. He was willing and open minded in everything, he shared stories with a complete stranger. That should show the difference on how Tifa sees Cloud and how Aerith sees cloud. Aerith was helping him open up and helped him break free of his shell ( in which imo, he felt safe in ), but then when she left, Cloud couldnt go back to the shell no more cause it was broken, and so feels at lost as to where he should go now. Thus his words of "What are WE suppose to do"
Oh, very interesting that you pointed that out, Val. I never took deep thought about Tifa saying "more reticent" meaning he was silent before but now it's worsened.

I completely agree with the rest T_T

I believe cloud thought he could have some happiness, and tries to move on. He feels happy at one point ( CoT ) but then he starts to suffer, he starts feeling lonely and there was nothing Tifa or the children could do to help him, thus he leaves and waits to die. Please note the timeline here, he WAS happy, and then he wasnt. It means IT DIDNT WORK OUT in CoT with tifa.
Exactly, Val. Just like Nojima said.

Cloud feels guilty over Zacks death, thats a fact. Whether his heart "broke" is another matter. There is no quote to say so, so they shouldnt say there is, they can interpret sure, but dont say it like its a fact. There is a quote that says it for Aerith, so it shouldnt be dismissed and shouldnt be interpreted otherwise. There is nothing thats not usable when providing evidence. And here i quote Alan;

"You know what's not usable? NOTHING. Zip-Zero-zilch.

If it's out there, use it. Somebody obviously thought it was important enough to make and somebody else signed off that it was okay.

If they start making a list of what you can and cannot use, you give them a list of things they can't use.

I suggest you include "things in Final Fantasy VII", "vowels", and possibly "the English Language". If they had an argument, they'd still be able to argue it whether you use Final fantasy VII-2 Part 3: The Spin-offining or not. "
Of course he does. But like you said, no one has the right to claim that Cloud felt the same as he did for Aerith over Zack's death.

It means his guilt for Zack is lesser than his guilt for Aerith. Sure some people say that doesnt have to imply romance, but it says alot about who weighs more in Cloud's mind when it comes to the deaths. Hell the fact Nomura states that Cloud is DESIGNED to ONLY take Aerith's forgiveness already gives you a clue about who he is really depressed about.
I agree 100 percent. In my opinion, fans always say Cloud acted so depressed over her cuz she was his friend... well, I say no. Cloud didn't act that way towards Zack and Zack and him were best friends--so why the difference? The only thing that could explain the difference in Cloud's grief is that Cloud harbors deeper feelings for Aerith.

(all I can ever say is I agree, lol, that's how epic your posts are)

sup Kaleta ;)

I always thought it was pretty dang heartbreaking and tragic. I also thought it conveyed feelings that went a lot deeper than just friendship. I mean, why would Cloud say Sephiroth's plan to destroy the world and kill everyone on it didn't mean a thing now that Aerith was dead if he didn't love her in some way? :/

Yeah that says it all. Naysayers gon' nay say but when the world around you doesn't matter anymore (which I don't think was strictly true even when he said it, just in the moment etc) it's quite obvious you've lost something particuarly dear to you. If the relationship was comparable to that of say... Cloud and Barret's, would Cloud have had the same reaction? Nope.

If Tifa died he might have sobbed like the wuss he is, guess we'll never know for sure, but there was obviously something more there between him and Aeris.

sup Kaleta ;)

Yeah that says it all. Naysayers gon' nay say but when the world around you doesn't matter anymore (which I don't think was strictly true even when he said it, just in the moment etc) it's quite obvious you've lost something particuarly dear to you. If the relationship was comparable to that of say... Cloud and Barret's, would Cloud have had the same reaction? Nope.

If Tifa died he might have sobbed like the wuss he is, guess we'll never know for sure, but there was obviously something more there between him and Aeris.
true, I don't think Cloud would just let any of his friends just die like that, but people say irrational things in tragic times. And like you said, Tom. Cloud wouldn't have acted the same for Barret, for sure. Doesn't mean he doesn't care for him, just means the concern and care for both are two different emotions entirely.

And like you pointed out, I think it's a indication of something more. :ryan:

Can I join, please? <-- 100% New Kid
Welcometo the Club Loveless Doll, I am going to highjack Cali's job and ask what do you like most about these two together, or what got you into them as a pair?

Cali will add you to the list as soon as she see's your request. :)

*Psst* I like your sig

Yeah, lol, good point xD

I don't care what they'd say. I know what it means. Good point, though, Val. If it was supposed to be talking about all of their friends Cloud wouldn't say at the same time that he didn't care if Sephiroth's plan to kill the planet was played out or not.
It was probably at the heat of the moment that he said that but i believe when you are angry and hurt, the truth comes out. Its the same principle when you are drunk, the truth always comes out. So in that sense, Cloud's inner feelings was that he doesnt really care either way since aerith is now gone.

Well, since we're not debating I think it's okay to say we think something proves Cloud loves Aerith. It's not like any of us are going to ague it.

but I get what you mean xD thanks for the headsup xD
No of course, but if debating with someone else i mean.

:ffs: I hate when they do that too. They don't give Cloud ANY credit for anything he felt or did towards Aerith and it's just sad. I just hope they know when they say that it counts for Tifa as well. :ffs: Also, at least they admit it's romantic, though right?

but of course :wacky:
Fawking hate it. I love zerith, and they really make us look bad >_> I forgot who said it but it was along the lines of, "its not usable/official unless it proves your pairing canon."

Also, I love the part where Tifa says Cloud becomes mroe silent after her death, more proof to show he's shutting down inside.
Well kinda. It proves that hes just going BACK to how he was. He was the same as in the beginning, then he meets aerith and becomes more open, more chatty and much happier. He loses her and he tries to go back to how he was, except he cant, cause the shell he came out of is no longer there.

And because its no longer there, he feels lost, alone and confused, so he starts his breakdowns.

Exactly, Val. Just like Nojima said.
Thing is, even though Nojima says it, they are still in denial. Just because it was said AT THE BEGINNING that Cloud felt happy, they claim it means he was happy the WHOLE time. Erm no. Timeline please. He WAS happy, and then he wasnt. A dude who is supposedly happy goes to the church of his "friend" and spends his last days there waiting to DIE. Wow yeah that sounds like a happy chap to me. Nojima states that Denzel and Marlene COULD have helped them work it out, but did it work? Erm no.

I agree 100 percent. In my opinion, fans always say Cloud acted so depressed over her cuz she was his friend... well, I say no. Cloud didn't act that way towards Zack and Zack and him were best friends--so why the difference? The only thing that could explain the difference in Cloud's grief is that Cloud harbors deeper feelings for Aerith.

(all I can ever say is I agree, lol, that's how epic your posts are)
Exactly, Cloud has known Zack wayyy longer than he did with Aerith. Some fake zerith fans actually claim that the way Cloud reacted to Zacks death is worse than how he reacted to Aerith's ... right.

Cloud's heart breaking into little pieces, shaking like a little girl, feeling angry, EYES BURNING ( that happens when you feel like crying or are already heavily crying ), feeling lost and confused, not caring about anything anymore is NOTHING compared to Cloud screaming, crying and having flashbacks, and then walking off. This is one of the reasons why i want them to remake the death scene with much better graphics. I wanna see cloud holding Aerith's body in his own tightly, shaking. I bet his expression would show us exactly how broken he became.

sup Kaleta ;)
Hallo sir/ma'am.

Actually, when Cloud has a flashback of his true memories. You see the whole reactor scene where Sephy stabs Tifa. Cloud actually thought Tifa was DYING. He picked her up and set her down and tried to kill sephy. He went AFTER him, but when Aerith died, he was too broken to even move or care about him, i think some actually say it was romantic the way he tried to tend to Tifa and picked her up. But he does the same for Aerith but thats not apparently romantic ... right.

Again, if they remade the death scene, i believe more emotions would be shown.

Can I join, please? <-- 100% New Kid
Welcome to the club LD <3

--------------------------------------------------

4dc976ebgeQzv38p.png

Last edited:
Welcometo the Club Loveless Doll, I am going to highjack Cali's job and ask what do you like most about these two together, or what got you into them as a pair?

Hm... for the answer. I could give 100 reasons why I support for Clerith. But its will take a lot of space so I will combine them into 10 main reasons:

1. They were meant to be together, forever

2. The way they act and treat each other "very epic"

3. "A woman die for the man she loves" <-- This is from SE

4. Cloud's pain for Aerith's death is the ultimate pain, which he never has for anyone else, and never appear again in other FF series

5. They come to each other by the share of feelings and understanding (which is "super rare" in love)

6. Their love still live on no matter which times or places

7. In one love but combined everything (Romance, Cute, Fun, Tragic,...)

8. Even they had been separated, they were still reunion again

9. No matter how far away they are, there is still a bond between them and that bond drawed them nearer than ever

10. Cloud and Aerith is the most special couple which has the most special love in FF series

That's my answer. If you guys want to see more just let me know :)

*Psst* I like your sig

I like your signature too Loveless Doll !

Thank guys, I appreciate that :)
But you guys meat the picture or the slogan? If you guys meant the slogan, those two were from my "100 reasons to support for Clerith" :P

Welcome to the club LD <3

Thank you. I hope my answer does satisfy you :)
That's a cute picture you post there. I love it :lew:

Last edited:
Hallo sir/ma'am.

It's ma'am. ^_^

Actually, when Cloud has a flashback of his true memories. You see the whole reactor scene where Sephy stabs Tifa. Cloud actually thought Tifa was DYING. He picked her up and set her down and tried to kill sephy. He went AFTER him, but when Aerith died, he was too broken to even move or care about him, i think some actually say it was romantic the way he tried to tend to Tifa and picked her up. But he does the same for Aerith but thats not apparently romantic ... right.

You're not wrong Kaleta :hmmm:

Then again, Cloud had spent a long time away from Tifa... maybe if he had spent as much time with her as he did with Aeris in the time before she died he would've felt more when he thought she was dying.

:|

...anyway, Clourith ftw.

You're so right about this !! And I kind of feel dumb, for not noticing it till now. To be fair, Cloud was upset about Tifa being injured by Sephiroth. But he wasn't completely crushed to a state of emotional depression !
Also if Cloud carrying a hurt Tifa is romantic, then how come Cloud carrying a hurt Aerith isn't romantic ?!?

It doesn't make any sense, because it's exactly the same thing ! Expect Tifa was almost dieing, and Aerith was actually dead. But, both could be seen as really romantic scenes in the game. But saying that the exactly same thing, expect with a different girl in Cloud's arms, isn't romantic ?!

Doesn't. Make. Sense.
:rage:

If they re- did the death scene, hopefully they'll have Cloud crying while holding Aeris in his arms, and maybe whispering to her while he's carrying her into the lake, that he loves her. :jess: * imagination goes wild *

8. Even they had been separated, they were still reunion again
THIS. Nomura states that the ending of KHI answers the questions around Aerith and Clouds relationship in FFVII, and what so we see in KHI ending? Them being reunited. So to me, thats the theme of their relationship, reunion. No matter what happens, they will always be together, prove in KHI, and FFVII AC ( nomura stating aerith lives on within cloud ), and hopefully in KHIII we will see Cloud returning to Aerith like he said.

Unless nomura is sick and kills Cloud even though he said he would be back. Like an opposite of how Aerith said she would be back but she dies xD

It's ma'am. ^_^
Ah yays <3 another lady ^^

You're not wrong Kaleta :hmmm:

Then again, Cloud had spent a long time away from Tifa... maybe if he had spent as much time with her as he did with Aeris in the time before she died he would've felt more when he thought she was dying.

:|

...anyway, Clourith ftw.
I thought clotis were saying that the crush Cloud had about Tifa was true love? Whether he spent a long time away from her, if it was true love, im pretty sure it would impact him way more than he showed. You dont suddenly act "calm" or something, when the woman you are "suppose" to have loved since god knows when, is dying infront of you. IMO, Cloud acted the same when he found out other people have died, so imo tifa dying wasnt that much of a breakdown on his part.

You're so right about this !! And I kind of feel dumb, for not noticing it till now. To be fair, Cloud was upset about Tifa being injured by Sephiroth. But he wasn't completely crushed to a state of emotional depression !

And i dont seem to recall Cloud stating he wants utter and complete forgiveness from Tifa alone because he FAILED her, even AFTER he regained his true memories, but for Aerith, even though zack died, he only wanted forgiveness from Aerith. Kinda shows which deaths he valued more. He didnt go into turmoil after thinking Tifa died, and actually he completely forgets about it, not saying that was his fault but after even remembering, there wasnt much forgiveness wanting going on.

Also if Cloud carrying a hurt Tifa is romantic, then how come Cloud carrying a hurt Aerith isn't romantic ?!?

Beats me.

If they re- did the death scene, hopefully they'll have Cloud crying while holding Aeris in his arms, and maybe whispering to her while he's carrying her into the lake, that he loves her. :jess: * imagination goes wild *
It would certain shut up a few people who keep claiming the things that were said about aerith's death was only to make the players have more sympathy for aerith and has nothing to do with how Cloud feels ... right ...

Can I ask you guys a favor?

Well, 3 month ago I have found this song and it surprisingly fit for Clerith (at least I think so). But I don't how to make a clip nor knowing anyone for the help. Can anyone make a clip of Clerith with the song? I really love to see 1.

This is the song: A time for us

A time for us, some day there'll be
When chains are torn by courage born of a love that's free
A time when dreams so long denied can flourish
As we unveil the love we now must hide

A time for us, at last to see
A life worthwhile for you and me

And with our love, through tears and thorns
We will endure as we pass surely through every storm
A time for us, some day there'll be a new world
A world of shining hope for you and me

And with our love, through tears and thorns
We will endure as we pass surely through every storm
A time for us, some day there'll be a new world
A world of shining hope for you and me

I feel the song fit for Clerith because Cloud had said: "I think I will see her again. In "Promise Land", I will meet her there."

@Loveless Doll, welcome to the club!!

Kaleta,
It was probably at the heat of the moment that he said that but i believe when you are angry and hurt, the truth comes out. Its the same principle when you are drunk, the truth always comes out. So in that sense, Cloud's inner feelings was that he doesnt really care either way since aerith is now gone.
True.

Well kinda. It proves that hes just going BACK to how he was. He was the same as in the beginning, then he meets aerith and becomes more open, more chatty and much happier. He loses her and he tries to go back to how he was, except he cant, cause the shell he came out of is no longer there.

And because its no longer there, he feels lost, alone and confused, so he starts his breakdowns.
Oh, Val, I completely agree. :gonk: the way you just worded it fits so perfectly and makes a lot of sense too.

Thing is, even though Nojima says it, they are still in denial. Just because it was said AT THE BEGINNING that Cloud felt happy, they claim it means he was happy the WHOLE time. Erm no. Timeline please. He WAS happy, and then he wasnt. A dude who is supposedly happy goes to the church of his "friend" and spends his last days there waiting to DIE. Wow yeah that sounds like a happy chap to me. Nojima states that Denzel and Marlene COULD have helped them work it out, but did it work? Erm no.
Exactly. They still have problems and that says a lot.

Exactly, Cloud has known Zack wayyy longer than he did with Aerith. Some fake zerith fans actually claim that the way Cloud reacted to Zacks death is worse than how he reacted to Aerith's ... right.
Yeah... just... no. :hmph: if anyone ever really claims that they're wrong.

Cloud's heart breaking into little pieces, shaking like a little girl, feeling angry, EYES BURNING ( that happens when you feel like crying or are already heavily crying ), feeling lost and confused, not caring about anything anymore is NOTHING compared to Cloud screaming, crying and having flashbacks, and then walking off. This is one of the reasons why i want them to remake the death scene with much better graphics. I wanna see cloud holding Aerith's body in his own tightly, shaking. I bet his expression would show us exactly how broken he became.
Yeah... that's why I want a remake too. To see that scene, one of the most memorable deaths in gaming history, redone would make my fangirl world perfect. My only fear is that SE would try to make the scene more "neutral" so they'd change a lot. Which would take out anything that was heavily Clourith, like what the original shows us.

Kaleta said:
Hallo sir/ma'am.

Harlequin said:
It's ma'am. ^_^
:mokken:

Don't listen to him, he's a man. :ahmed:

Yeah, not mention, when Cloud thinks she's a "goner" he acts less concerned than he did with Zack.

Harlequin said:
That actually could be a reason, too, tom. :hmmm: Cuz, of course Cloud would care for Tifa if she got hurt or killed. :ryan:

@Loveless Doll,
3. "A woman die for the man she loves" <-- This is from SE
One of my favorites, too.

And I too like the picture and the slogan. :ryan:

Kaleta said:
THIS. Nomura states that the ending of KHI answers the questions around Aerith and Clouds relationship in FFVII, and what so we see in KHI ending? Them being reunited. So to me, thats the theme of their relationship, reunion. No matter what happens, they will always be together, prove in KHI, and FFVII AC ( nomura stating aerith lives on within cloud ), and hopefully in KHIII we will see Cloud returning to Aerith like he said.

Unless nomura is sick and kills Cloud even though he said he would be back. Like an opposite of how Aerith said she would be back but she dies xD
I agree 100 percent, Val. :yay:

I thought clotis were saying that the crush Cloud had about Tifa was true love? Whether he spent a long time away from her, if it was true love, im pretty sure it would impact him way more than he showed. You dont suddenly act "calm" or something, when the woman you are "suppose" to have loved since god knows when, is dying infront of you. IMO, Cloud acted the same when he found out other people have died, so imo tifa dying wasnt that much of a breakdown on his part.
I agree. But at the same time, I just don't want people to think Cloud wouldn't care if she got hurt or died, cuz he would. IMO, it just wouldn't be at the magnitude of pain it was for Cloud when he lost Aerith. :/

Can I ask you guys a favor?

Well, 3 month ago I have found this song and it surprisingly fit for Clerith (at least I think so). But I don't how to make a clip nor knowing anyone for the help. Can anyone make a clip of Clerith with the song? I really love to see 1.
T_T

I love that song. I too think it matches them. :ryan:

Yeah... that's why I want a remake too. To see that scene, one of the most memorable deaths in gaming history, redone would make my fangirl world perfect. My only fear is that SE would try to make the scene more "neutral" so they'd change a lot. Which would take out anything that was heavily Clourith, like what the original shows us.

I doubt they'd take out anything heavily Clourith or change it for that matter. They'd have to be stupid the fan disapproval would be immense.

I agree. But at the same time, I just don't want people to think Cloud wouldn't care if she got hurt or died, cuz he would. IMO, it just wouldn't be at the magnitude of pain it was for Cloud when he lost Aerith. :/

Yeah. I mean when he found Tifa he just put her to the side and went after Seph :wacky: talk about a high standard of professionalism. But he cried like a baby when Aeris died. I guess we won't know for sure of his reaction to Tifa's death, but the death scene is the final nail in the coffin for me.

Back