Multiple Platforms Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare

I think the multiplayer is far better than the campaign. There's a thin gap between inexperienced players and veterans, it seems. Since it only takes a few shots to kill another player, it's tough to display dominance match after match. Part of me is thankful that I stand a chance against a 10 prestige player, but the other part hates being beat by people who don't know their teammate from the enemy.

Nikeshow said:
Yeah xD
Especially when awesome characters get
killed off, and as for multiplayer...well something so fun isn't good when you are 2/3 months away from GCSEs >_<

It's always a bummer when there's more important stuff to do than videogames. haha

This game's totally awesome, I don't get hooked on video games anymore but this is the one game that I can sit down and get right into.

I heard that there are some new maps coming out soon. Is this true?

Yeah, I think they're releasing 4 new maps sometime this month via download through Xbox Live/PSN.

cool, it's about time. As much as I love this game, i'm really getting burnt out of those maps. I dominate on the boat level. I used to just use the Shotgun, but now pretty much anything does the job.

It would also be nice if the Kill Limits would be raised a bit. Perhaps keep the same time limits, but I find in a lot of the games I play, the Kill Limit is always first to be reached and sometimes in too short of time. I do good in a lot of the games, but there are some guys that are just ruthless

I was pretty cool with the game, but I think it's over-hyped. I started playing through on Veteran difficulty on the Campaign, and I loved it. Multi-player though, I don't find as enjoyable as Halo.

I think my favorite part about the online gaming aspect though was trying to complete the different challenges to unlock the best things for your weapons.

Dang, I've been playing CoD4 online since it came out, im addicted to CoD4 and Crisis Core. :P

But after beating the campaign, i don't even play Campaign anymore i just play online. im on my 7th prestige i probably could be on my 10'th but i haven't been playing as much lately. Anyway i think CoD4 is one of the best online FPS's of all time other then css...i love that game! =)

I would give CoD4 10/10!

Dang, I've been playing CoD4 online since it came out, im addicted to CoD4 and Crisis Core. :P

But after beating the campaign, i don't even play Campaign anymore i just play online. im on my 7th prestige i probably could be on my 10'th but i haven't been playing as much lately. Anyway i think CoD4 is one of the best online FPS's of all time other then css...i love that game! =)

I would give CoD4 10/10!
I found out that most of the people after beat CoD4, never play it again on a harder difficult. Funny; 'cause this is the first i've ever played that i try to beat it on Veteran (or whatever is called the hardest difficult).

And i'm waiting for new maps!! >3< China Town seems to be awesome!! I need to practice again; i haven't played lately >>

You're asking if there are maps besides Chinatown?

There's Broadcast, Killhouse...and...shoot, what's that other one called? I forget. The map is pretty large. Lots of cliffs and wooded areas to hide in.

You're asking if there are maps besides Chinatown?

There's Broadcast, Killhouse...and...shoot, what's that other one called? I forget. The map is pretty large. Lots of cliffs and wooded areas to hide in.
"Creek" is the one you're missing.

I haven't bought it yet; i can't find more time to play on these days so i don't think i'll buy it a time. Also, GTAIV would suck all my spare time from now on.

I'm buying no new maps. Its and absolute rip off to be honest, they would have had them all planned for making before the game was released so why didn't they just delay the game slightly and then included them?
God damn evil marketing schemes :dry:

Since Call of Duty 4 spans in multiple platforms, I'll go ahead and move this to Rocket Town.

-Thread Moved-

I play it on the PS3... if anyone wants to add me go for it.
My ID and clan info is in my sig (obviously). :D

It has lost its hype now in my opinion. Even though, without a doubt it will still probably go down as one of the best multiplayer games there are currently better games that have been released (story wise) so it has sort of made me not play on COD4 in a few months.

Honestly, I'm surprised Call of Duty 4 has retained its popularity for so long. While it's a fun game to play, I don't feel that it offers a lot of variety...despite the huge amount of game modes. It gets boring rather quickly.

Once you've maxed your rank, there's no incentive to continue playing...unless you want to complete the challenges just so you can wield gold-plated weapons. haha

I think thats why they set up the Prestige system... but really... I don't see the point of it.

Ah this game is sweet. One complaint is length of storyline but dammit gameplay makes up for all of it.

My cousin has this game on Xbox 360 and honestly it is one of the best pieces of gaming eye candy I have ever seen and played. The story was engrossing for the most part and especially in the beginning but as I said gameplay pretty much swung it for me.

i've been thinking about getting this game, that or Bad Company. i like the Bad Company Demo quite a lot, though that was the first FPS game i have played on a console since Halo 2. CoD 4 sounds pretty awesome, but i haven't had any real experience with a complete online set-up that CoD 4 has. Is it STILL worth getting now that it has been out for some time or should i go elsewhere?

Back