Contest Prizes?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Er, Survivor flopped last time due to these reasons;

-The hack
-Fields
-Aztec.

As ailments have now been cured, I say go for it.
I want to be on Steph's team again xD

We should strike up the olde band again and give it another shot, except with Poolboy replacing Guv. :monster:

I think it failed mainly because of the server move and poor planning. But it's all done now.
I like Tiel's idea. I'm sure a lot of people want to play the originals. Not me, but others. :monster:

I was in Team B and like what has been said, week 1 was great, after that it was crap. If survivor was to re-open it would need a hell of a lot more planning.

I wouldnt like survivor to happen again. Maybe if we put our heads together we can think of something new.

How about a hp game, where everyone in has certain health points and each day you can choose to take a hp off one person, the last one left in wins the prize.

It was foar the lulz. You have to admit, we pulled a tie using some pretty cheap-ass tactics like that. xD

I understand peoples hesitency to want to give out addresses for prizes. But you wouldn't be posting it open in the forum for everyone to see it would be you sending it via PM or email to the admin. this would be only to send the prize.

Maybe a solution would be to have two contests or maybe one contest with two prizes. One tangible prize and the other a "forum" type prize (special avatar more pm space etc)

The only thing wrong with prizes like More Pm space, and More Sig Space is that Mods/Admins already have it, so it gives us no incentive to enter the contests.

Which is why i think if a mod/admin wins they should get a profile star showing they won. And the normal members should get one of the extra stuff AND a profile star :D

Like say if a person wins SOTW 3 times they could get a bronze star, 6 times silver star, 10 times gold star....*rambling*

A survivor would be nice, and I wouldn't mind joining.

Also.... if your still on the idea of contest prizes.... maybe original copies of hard-to-find FF games?

Like the original FF1 for NES, etc.
That's a good idea except that the winner would need to have an NES for it to even matter. Know what I mean?

Also, I'm down for stars added to profiles for winning. As for the Survivor, what was that about? I've never heard of it before.

Basically, a new subforum was made called FFF survivor 2007 where both teams could talk together and then there were two password protected Team huts. Challenges were set by the host..

ten members were split into two teams - Team A and Team B and the host was given a Magenta colored username XD

Orignally the entrants could only see the survivor subform but after many complaints they could see the Main series section too.

It would have worked a lot better with a nicer host and better challenges though XD

If the admins agree i think it would be great to run it again. I have a good idea for the host(S) too. I'd just have to ask them ^___^ and then see if the staff agree with it.

LeeD, if you've ever seen Survivor, Big Brother or I'm A Celebrity Get Me Out Of Here, then you'll get the general idea. Obviously it was adapted to suit the internet, but it still worked.

what about a referer post contest. Like you get X points for every reply to topic, X points for every new post, X points for every referal that posts, or something along those lines?

That would be a rather snazzy idea...although it could lead to people abusing it, by making dupe accounts and whatnot.

Yes, but that would lead to a lot more work for the mods that isn't really needed...

and if people are smart or so desperate to rack up points they'd use proxies anyway ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back