Contest Prizes?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, but that would lead to a lot more work for the mods that isn't really needed...

and if people are smart or so desperate to rack up points they'd use proxies anyway ;)
Give the n00bs ideas, why don't you? xD
I'm not suggesting that you actually search the IP of every new member, though. Just like, the odd person, scan them randomly and see what comes up.
Regardless, as it's the internet, folk will always find some way to cheat.

How long does the Survivor game run? And who would be responsible for running it? the host?

The host and the admins would be in charge of running it. Mainly the host though.

The game runs for about....2 months if all goes well :)

....interesting. Well, that could certainly be one of the contests we try. What others could we do alongside it? I don't imagine that being the only one especially if it takes so long!

what about a review type competition like we write reviews of FF games (from any system from NES to PS3) and for each review over certain length you get X points then person with most points wins or maybe just a random draw from a hat and every review gets your name once in the hat.

Don't we already have a writing competition going on at the moment?

Yes, we do. This opens up more ground for others to join in and participate!

How about Riddles? FF riddles of course, i've seen it done somewhere before, cant remember where though. It was for leisure though, so i'm trying to think of a way it could be used in a competition.

Straight away an idea lol, we could use teams. I don't know how many, 4 maybe? Each team makes there riddle, and you have to guess each otheres riddle. Get it right, you get a point. Obviously when someone gets it correct, that riddle is discarded from the game. You could do 3 rounds maybe? 3 riddles each basically. At the end of it, the team with most points wins of course, and all members of the team get a prize, although it would have to be forum prizes, unless you done it with single players and not teams. I wouldn't expect you to go out and buy 5 people from one team all a ps2 game lol.

What do you think?

Forum prizes could consist of, Stars as someone mentioned before. Your own choice of name colour. Like said before too, bigger pm space and sig space for the non-mods/admins. Moods only you can select, maybe avatars only you can select from the database? Different emoticons to choose from, only you? I dunno, im just throwing things from me head haha.

Last edited:
To add on what Lionheart said, maybe you could have a knockout competition, the judge asks a riddle to two people and the first to post the answer proceeds through to the next round, if no-one answers it then another riddle is posted after a certain length of time. The winner of the knockout tournament could then select a prize like:

a) A bigger avatar space.
b) A competition star or
c) Bigger pm space.

That way people will keep on entering the competitions and do not settle for one big prize.

Also the riddles could be forwarded via a PM to yourself or other moderators.

I like that idea Seph, better than mine. I just couldnt think at the time lol.

This way you could enter alot of people, and in the end there is only the one winner. I would be like the Knock-out stages in the Champions League (Soccer/Football) haha! If no one could get one single riddle, then it be extra time..but the host or whoever would start giving clues more frequent and more revealing until someone got it. Also in normal time (haha?) you would be aloud 3 clues, both participants would get same clues of course. And a clue would be given after every 3-5 guesses maybe?

As for the riddles, what you could be done is, everyone on the forum can make one, or whoever wants to anyway. And PM/Email them to the chosen host of this game, then for each 'riddle battle' the host would just select one and give it to the two people.

Ideally this would work best with 16 participants..i think so anyway. So it would start at 16, then 8 go out, 8 left, 4 left, 2 left, winner. It would still obviously work with less or more (8, 32, 64)..

You should make a section for this on the forum :D, and keep it an ongoing thing hehe.

16 is the number I had in mind. The only probs is people sharing the answers to their riddles.

Yeah 16 is best. They would obviously post the answer to the host along with the explanation, but i'm sure people here are mature enough not too wander in the thread and post the answer..if it does happen another riddle can just be selected.

I honestly think you admins should make this an on-going thing..like one competition last a month and you do it every month..i dunno how long it would last with 16 people, thats just a guess. And like Seph pointed out to be earlier, there could be champion..or a leader board as such. You could make it that for every correct riddle you guess, you get a point on the leaderboard, rather than just the winner of one competition getting the point OR If you make it past the first round, all who did get 1 point, all who then make it to the next round get another 2 points, and all who make it to the round after that get 3 points..and 5 points for the winner or something? Then at the end of say a 3 month period, another forum prize can be won with top of the leaderboard..and maybe 2nd and 3rd too.

Oh and answering riddles, you would have to give an explanation to why you got your answer, e.g is maybe..a riddle consists of 6 lines and each line is seperate..its own little part if you know what i mean?

The stars fall on a fiery sky,
unto a man appears,
dragons piercing the sky,

That is totally random btw...it ment nothing, just from the top of my head haha! But i mean like each line is a clue in itself. And you would explain, or do your best to explain what each line stands for. Rather than just guessing one answer, makes it more exciting.

What do you think? Admins you really should :D:D:P!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back