Do you like Blitzball

I love Blitzball in this man, and once I've tackled most stuff in X, I'm going to have a crack at it full on.

Wakka has to have the best or most impressive weapon in X. I mean, you seen the damn thing? The ball's covered in sodding blades! It's terrifically lethal haha..

Besides the game where you had no choice but to play, I never did play blitzball. :wacky: It seemed just like soccer, only more complicated? ... Then again, I find soccer complicated anyway. D:

EDIT: Hmm. I think I lost that first game too.

Last edited:
I personally loved Blitzball, I don't really find it annoying - its one of the more easier and fun minigames/sidequests to do in this game.

To the topic creator, if you found Blitzball annoying just wait you until try Butterfly Catching, Lightning Dodging and Chocobo Racing - especially when doing them to power up the Celestial weapons. They are a hundred times more annoying than Blitzball imo. XP

^ haha QFT

Although I was STILL just as annoyed at it the first time I played to the very last match, it was just too painfully slow, especialy as it became impossible to lose. I never ever bothered recruiting new guys, well, I think I may have got one other person...Im such a filthy liar, anyway, I jus wanted to keep it as short as possible, and including the battles you have to have inbetween to get Wakka shit, I must have clocked up at LEAST 50 hours......I hated it. And if you didnt have the guide, how the helkl are you meant to figure it out for youself D:

I didn't find blitzball stupid at all. It was just a little annoying and frustrating. I never beat Luca goers either. Tidus was my best player and datto was my second best.At lease final fantasy 10 has a good blitzball. I don't know if you have seen the blitzball in final fantasy 10-2 Ò_Ó

^ haha QFT

Although I was STILL just as annoyed at it the first time I played to the very last match, it was just too painfully slow, especialy as it became impossible to lose. I never ever bothered recruiting new guys, well, I think I may have got one other person...Im such a filthy liar, anyway, I jus wanted to keep it as short as possible, and including the battles you have to have inbetween to get Wakka shit, I must have clocked up at LEAST 50 hours......I hated it. And if you didnt have the guide, how the helkl are you meant to figure it out for youself D:

There is an easy way to calculate how many battles ya have been.

First off go fight a Tonberry and pray it uses its Karma attack on you and remember how much HP damage it does to someone.

If it does say 2500 HP worth of damage to a character - then that means you have won at least 250 battles.

The formula behind Karma damage is really simply, its how many battles you won x 10.

Say if you win 190 battles with say Tidus and Tidus gets hit by the Karma attack.

The Tonberry will do 1900 HP damage to Tidus. You get it, its really that simple. XD

Blitzball only annoyed me when i had played it for about 12 straight hours in search of the Jupiter Sigil. I loved it in short spurts as Tidus and Brother torched the competition and ran up the score like The Titans were playing against the Bangels.

However, once you got what you were looking for, you over-blitz. Too much of a good thing really. It was fun while it lasted and I got the reward I was working for, but after that: R.I.P. Blitzball.

Don't you mean like the Jets and the Chargers? The worst part is I could actually reference the Bills to show how bad SD sucks. lol

ANYHOW! I fucking loved Blitzball. It did get a little repetitive sometimes but there was just the right amount of strategy once you got into it. When trying to pass through double cover you always had to weigh the pro's and con's of every action. When you beat the coverage you felt the rush and when the coverage beat you... it pissed you off.

I personally loved Blitzball, I don't really find it annoying - its one of the more easier and fun minigames/sidequests to do in this game.

To the topic creator, if you found Blitzball annoying just wait you until try Butterfly Catching, Lightning Dodging and Chocobo Racing - especially when doing them to power up the Celestial weapons. They are a hundred times more annoying than Blitzball imo. XP

The Butterfly catching did annoy me, but not as much as the cactuar mini game for Rikku's shiz.

Didn't mind the Chocobo racing, didn't take me that long to get the time down to 0 really.

The lightning dodging was just boring and repeatetive, so much so it bored me into not being annoyed lol.

The first time I played it I got addicted to it. I would play day and night. Then I started a new file and saved my game on the old one by an accident ( genius -__-).
Since then I didn't play much of Blitzball.

I loved Blitzball. It was a great way to take a break from the story, if you were finding it a bit monotonous. There were great prizes to get, signing new players was fun and, on top of everything, it was EASY, provided you obtained the Jecht Shot aboard the SS Liki. The only difficult match was the match against the Goers, which I'm SURE is fixed.

I liked the mini game but it was waaaaaay too easy.

1. Learn Jecht shot
2. Put Miyu in goal
3. ???
4. Profit

Whew last week I finally managed to get all of Wakka's Overdrives and the legendary Jupiter Sigil after roughly 50 games of Blitzball! It's debatable whether it was worth the effort ;)

Btw, I'm never playing Blitzball again! No need to!

396-11 that's my all time:holyshit: Blitzball record So i think this says I like blitzball, probably I little to much lol, but it was is and more than likley will be the greatsest ff mini game ever apart from triple triad of course
\
this my not go down to well but i cheated by giving the aurochs level 99 abilties in the very begining which allowed me to beat the goers something
chronic.

But by the next game every other team was at level 99 so it didnt make much of a difference it was more fun than having to work harder to win cuase as you guys know the arochs arent the most statistcaly(?)
gifted atheletes on spira lol

oooh I hated blitzball. I personally found it more annoying than all the "heheheheh"'s. I beat the Goers once probably by sheer luck. Every other time I gave moderate effort and lost. To me, World Champion wasn't worth going through blitzball. It and the Venus sigil obtained by dodging 200 lightning bolts in a row were pretty much the only 'pieces' of legendary weapons that I didn't get (world champion is the actual weapon but needs the Jupiter sigil and crest to be good so I consider it a piece.) After 150+ dodges and a single miss... well, what's the use? It only took maybe 3 games of blitzball before I was bored (I actually tried after the forced championship at one point.)

There's a dodge button?

Anyways, the Al Bhed are extremely annoying. I just can't beat them, I always lose to them. Maybe I should stop playing for a while. I'm only at the Thunder Plains so there's not matter great players I've been able to sign as of yet.

If you can't beat them, best bet is to get as much exp as you can by just passing the ball around constantly making sure you are not near any of the opposition when you are doing it, it's boring as hell, but it works....... that really annoyed me actually, because for 5 whole minutes Id just be doing pass-swim-pass-swim-pass-swim-pass etc etc until I could go score and time it so the timer would run out just after and I didn't have to bother doing any tackling when the other team started with the ball :wacky:

Just the thought of it makes me cry inside >_<

Blitzball is honestly very hard for me I really do not get it at all and I really never play it. I just continue on with the story. Well Blitzball is fun but really nerve wrecking.

I think it's alright. The only thing that annoys me about it is that boring music and the slow attacks. Everything takes so much time. It takes me 15 minutes to finish a match. But for Wakka's and Tidus sake I will soldier on.

Back