Do you like Blitzball

I think that I did start playing it for a bit once, I got as far as getting the Attack Reels and that's it, but that Overdrive is pretty useless without Maximized World Champion if you ask me.

Blizball

What do you think about Bliz?
What do you think about Arochs?
And one thing,
at the Yevon Cup The 1st Pris was Arochs Spirit.
Well I win the cup and when i happy think I get the pris
they Sayd that I can`t get it because no one coud get it!!
F***, I think!
Why?
Abd woud I get it when some one are ready?

Ummm...

Yeah, I liked Blitzball.

No for real though, I think it is a challenge to win that first Blitzball game mainly because all of your characters have low levels and don't know top-notch moves yet. YOu only get Tidus for one half before Wakka, with lesser skill, is inserted into the line-up.

My second playthrough of the game I won taht first game, but it was just barely a victory, winning in overtime.

Jecht shot helps out a LOT. A simple strategy I use is you move straight back with the ball once the game starts, letting like, 3 of their guys try and chase me back. That leaves usually 1 person to stand in Tidus' way when I pass it to him as I lure 2-3 of their players back. :neomon: Then just go up to their goal, break if you need too, and score.

I think that I did start playing it for a bit once, I got as far as getting the Attack Reels and that's it, but that Overdrive is pretty useless without Maximized World Champion if you ask me.

I'll disagree with that. Attack Reels is extremely useful with or without the World Champ.

Earlier stages in the game if you get it quickly, bosses don't know what's hit them.

Later on in the game, say in and around Sin, if you're doing 9999 damage with normal attacks, then the 12 hits you get from a perfect will be doing a decent amount of damage.

Then ofcourse, with Break Damage Limit, it becomes a beast of an attack lol.

I absolutely failed at blitzball >_> The only time I actually tried playing it though was the mandatory game you have to play in order to continue on with the storyline. I read through all of the tutorials and such but it was just...too much for my brain to grasp all at once I suppose. Every pass I made was intercepted and I failed to block any of the other teams shots. It goes without saying that I lost miserably.

After that, I never really had the desire to play it again. With time and practice I know I could get good though, so I may re-attempt blitz on my next playthrough.

Was a joke of a game, reminded me of hockey, lacrosse or Soccer (futbol). Just need to time the passes right and with or without the jecht shot it is still a joke to score it just takes tactics in order to win.

I enjoyed it, but it seemed to final round seemed to end to quick for me.

Well what does attack reels do how is it different form element reels? Oh yeah and busta does anything happen if you win the 1st game or it is the same thing when you lose?

I do blitzball for Attack Reels. Better than the Calm Lands Mini Games in X-2

Attack Reels are non-elemental attacks. If you get all the slots to stop at "2hits" then Wakka will do 12 attacks. Where as Element Reels do elemental damage with one hit.

The only difference if you win the game in Luca is that you get a strength sphere, and when Wakka is saying bye to the Aurochs, they are holding the trophy.

What they are holding a trophy ahhh how can I miss that blitzball game I just sucked at it the first game because I did not know where to go. Well anyways thanks DL.

I'll disagree with that. Attack Reels is extremely useful with or without the World Champ.

Earlier stages in the game if you get it quickly, bosses don't know what's hit them.

Later on in the game, say in and around Sin, if you're doing 9999 damage with normal attacks, then the 12 hits you get from a perfect will be doing a decent amount of damage.

Then ofcourse, with Break Damage Limit, it becomes a beast of an attack lol.

I see your meaning here but I never really attempt Blitzball until later on in the game. I will get round to it eventually though. But dealing 11,99988 damage (12x99999 by my calculator :P) later on can really help you later on, especially with the Dark Aeons. Although I have beat them before otherwise...but if you had all overdrives full and the Entrust ability, you could just own the Dark Aeons, even Penance. -__-
*Goes to play Blitzball...*

Lately i have realized that Blitzball only gets annoying when you have to compete to get Wakka's Overdrives and also his Powerups for his ultimate weapon, gets soooooo frustratin

Well what does attack reels do how is it different form element reels? Oh yeah and busta does anything happen if you win the 1st game or it is the same thing when you lose?
Yeah, I was gonna say, the speech is almost exactly alike and every motion the characters go through post-game. The only difference I noticed is that instead of a blitzball being raised up in-hands, a trophy for the Tourny is hoisted above the players' heads.

I found it very hard to win the cup too when i played to win. Basically try your best to get the score 2-0 and then hold the ball pass it around like crazy. I do however like the idea of blitzball i personally think they should make that there own game. With all the final fantasy fans out there it would sure give madden a run for its money...... well maybe not lol but i'd still be a copy!

Yeah. Letty always seems to be one of my best players later on, mainly because he's passing the ball an awful lot, gaining him plenty of exp.

Brother can be pretty good too if I recall.

Brother kicks some serious ass, when you can get him on your team.

I loved Blitzball ^_^

As a huge fan and player of Football (yes, the thing you USAmericans call Soccer :P ) i loved it for the first time, and it was sth that made me like Tidus even more.

Jecht Shot 2 ftw :P

I had a Guado playing in Middle but i don't quite remember his name... he was really good at passing.

Back