Favorite Anime

Not a huge watcher of anime as I was a few years ago but the best that I've seen have been:

Neon Genesis Evangelion - One of the best animes ever created and one of the few that actually was quite deep and made me feel for the characters when something bad happened to them or in the case of Shinji want to smack him one! Both endings created for the series were seriously twisted, especially End of Evangelion, but never detracted from the quality of what came before it.

Martian Succesor Nadesico - Probably my favorite series of all and very tongue-in-cheek, entertaining story and characters although again the ending was a bit of a let down and the movie sequel destroyed what made the series fun to begin with.

Fullmetal Alchemist - The manga is much better but the anime is of a high quality as well, really enjoyed watching this and it only had a few disappointments like the lack of Roy Mustang blowing shit up and the whole story about what the door was was a bit poor. Very well animated throughout and even though the movie didn't end on the note I would have liked it still ended on a nicer note than Evangelion and Nadesico.

Ghost in the Shell: Standalone Complex - Reminds me of American shows like 24 with very high production values mixed with plots where you have to pay attention to. Even episodes where not much happens are interesting to just listen to, the chatroom episode is a good example, although like a lot of anime series I see the ending was poor again. The movies I highly recommend as well although the first is the better by far.

Evangelion = mass confusion and hysteria~! But it set the standard for all anime (arguably) and it sure made an impact >.>!

{Animes is not a word lol someone should change the topic title}

I only started watching anime recently
1.The law of Ueki{a unpredictable plot and very funny}
2.Bleach{nice fighting}
3.Naruto{Ninjas! }
4.Shaman king{at least it have an ending this time around}
5.Death note{it's ok so far}

One Piece- God I love this show! Great characters and adventure

Paniponi Dash- One of the most random shows ever but I love it!

Twelve Kingdoms- Was hooked with the first episode. Very good character development.

Bleach- My friend got me hooked!

Azumanga Daioh- Another one that I love. Always cracks me up.

Neon Genesis Evangelion - One of the best animes ever created and one of the few that actually was quite deep and made me feel for the characters when something bad happened to them or in the case of Shinji want to smack him one! Both endings created for the series were seriously twisted, especially End of Evangelion, but never detracted from the quality of what came before it.

Extremely interesting anime which I acutally understand. I would rate it up there.

Golden Boy
His and Her Circumstances
School Rumble
Ouran High School Host
Last Exile

not a huge anime lover...read lots of manga though...better for the imagination ;) ...but here are some i do watch

1. video girl Ai - any helpless romantic would LOVE this dvd...BUY IT

2. dragon ball - the original series before it was all violence and turning into crazy people with long yellow hair...the earlier ones were more about story and only fought in like 4 episodes...

One Piece- God I love this show! Great characters and adventure

Paniponi Dash- One of the most random shows ever but I love it!

Twelve Kingdoms- Was hooked with the first episode. Very good character development.

Bleach- My friend got me hooked!

Azumanga Daioh- Another one that I love. Always cracks me up.

Only one person said One Piece?

Bleach
One Piece (Everyone hates the 1st opening song, but i loved it)
Ghost In The Shell
Blood+
Death Note

Last edited:
I'm gonna have to say,

Neon Genesis Evangelion - Just thoroughly screwed up, and the characters are so flawed and tragic. Just the way I like it.

FLCL - Insanity. Brightly colored, twisted, sometimes emotional, insanity.

Dead Leaves - Just think of FLCL, only more crack-ish

Final Fantasy: Unlimited - No, it's not great, but I loved the cute-ness, the odd points, and the background music was really beautiful <3

Hellsing - Vampires, dark humor, and Alucard. That's all you need to know.

Best Anime?

Not sure if this has been done yet, doesnt look like it has so i will! the best anime would either have to be bleach, naruto, or Yu-Yu-hakusho!

Note: Hey guys. Random Virus pointed out these 2 threads to me. These 2 threads are practically the same now so I have merged them. Just letting you know. And remember if you see anything else that needs to taken care of, just PM me or report it. Thanks!
-Melancholy Rockit

I absolutely love 12 Kingdoms. Although it starts out a little slow, the story and characters are both amazing. I've have never been so satisified with an ending as I was with the ending of the third arc.

Chrono Crusade is also a great anime. It starts out very light hearted and funny. But later in the series it gets incredibly dark and a bit disturbing. Rosette is one of my favorite anime characters ever.

One Piece. Unfortunantly, the 4kids dub really made a mockery of this show. But the original Japanese is very good. I love all the characters. I never usually have a main character as my favorite, but Luffy is definently my favorite character followed by Nami.

Fruits Basket. Yeah it's a bit melodramatic and full of emo teens. But it's one of those feel good series that makes you smile. And I love the idea of the zodiac curse. Unfortunantly, Tohru gets bashed a lot for being a sweet and kind person.

FLCL - Effing crazy. Animation is insane yet beautiful at the same time (to me anyway). And even with all the comedy, and crazy-ness from the characters, there's still a surprising amount of poignant moments and meaningful convo's. Just love it. One of my all time favorites.

Neon Genesis Evangelion - Mind fuck in a convenient anime package xD Puts a spin on the 'giant robo' genre (is that what it's considered?). Characters are tremendously flawed, and it shows how jacked human emotions and relationships can be. Plus the EVA's are cool. xD

Outlaw Star - Just a fun anime. Action in outer space, romance, drama, melodrama, but it never takes itself too seriously.

I'd have to go with Inuyasha, a dog demon who is part human and loses his powers every full moon. I've seen like 100 episodes of Inuyasha and I want to watch more. It's my favorite anime so far.

Peace,
Octavius

Okay... I knew this was coming... So here's my list and reasons.

Best Wide-Audience Anime
Naruto is my pick when it comes to the best wide-audience anime. Though the series does have many minor flaws, it has enough humor to please the kiddos while also providing a well-developed story and mature themes for adults.

Best Anime Movie
It's a hard decision for me to choose between Akira and Princess Mononoke... Akira deserves credit for jump-starting the American anime industry, despite the fact that it doesn't match up exactly with the epic manga.

Meanwhile, Princess Mononoke is a gorgeous masterpiece by Hayao Miyazaki. The story is enchanting, as are the characters within, and no one character can be singled out as 'the villain' of the story.

Best Wartime Anime
I'd have to say that this goes to 'Grave of the Fireflies'. While it doesn't take place in the middle of WWII, it does show us life in Japan during that era, and is a captivating, yet tragic tale, sure to summon tears from any serious viewer.

Best Adult Anime
When I think of Animes to fit into this catagory, what pops into my head is Hellsing and Cowboy Bebop. Hellsing is a gothic semi-modern piece about vampires and freaks, violent and edgy to appeal to the more violent fans.

Cowboy Bebop, though also violent, is a Jazz-laced sci-fi adventure, following a strange group of bounty hunters and their dog, Ein. It also has a large amount of comedic moments. Anyone want to 'Mushroom Samba'? ;)

Personal Favorite Animes of All-Time!
Slayers: a fantasy/comedy anime that spans 3 seasons and a number of films.

Lodoss - CotHK: Chronicles of the Heroic Knight is an awesome fantasy/action anime similar to Lord of the Rings, it has awesome characters (Orson the Berzerker is my fave), and every episode ends with a chibi edition of the episode you just saw. Plus, you gotta love the opening theme, haven't seen it in years and it still gets stuck in my head.

Harlock Saga: Leiji Matsumoto was a genius! After watching Harlock Saga, a short series based on his recurring space pirate character, I was longing to see more of what he had to offer.

Wow, what a question! I have quite afew actually ^^ First of all:

Sailor Moon

sailormoon.jpg

The ulimate girly anime, well it has its male audience aswell! But I cant find fault with this show, its just fantastic! Many see it as being too perfect cause they believe Sailor Moons world to be the ideal young girls fantasy. But its great for young and old female audiences because it shows friendship, love and family.

Dominion Tank Police

dom12.jpg

This was one of the first animes Ive watched. That was when I was about 10! Set in the future, you follow Leona as she joins the Tank Police and they cause mayhem round the city chasing the bad guys!

Cowboy Bebop

bebopgroup.jpg

This is a very entertaining and moving anime. I cried afew times during this series. The characters are all amusing and the OST is brilliant. The film that followed is so-so, but the TV series is far better IMO.

Bleach

bleach_10.jpg

Now this is one groovy anime ^^ My ex boyfriend got me into it and I was hooked instantly! The music, story and characters are all brilliant and its worth a look!

Chrono Crusade

chrono1.jpg

Someone has already mentioned this, but I think its excellent. Comical, adventure and possible some romance. Truly an anime treat!

Elfen Lied

s1485519.jpg

This is one twisted and sick anime! Dont be fooled by its colourful and friendly looking characters, because this is very dark and evil! WATCH IT!

Last edited:
Back