Favorite FF Sidegame

Snowboarding in 7.
triple triad for intellectual challenges in 8.
the problem with tetra master in 9 was that the was nothing to gain from the cards.
Blitzball in 10 was fun if played briefly.

I really liked playing the card game in FFIX, more than the one in FFVIII. And the majority of my gameplay in FFIX probably came from playing Hot N' Cold so much. In FF Crystal Chronicles: The Crystal Bearers, they have TONS of side games, and the ones I enjoyed the most was Ballroom Dance where you had to mingle with numerous people to get to the target, that and the UFO Cow Abduction game where you had to save as many cows from getting sucked into UFO's as possible.

Blitzball is my favourite sidequest i could just play blitzball alone for hours without carrying on with the actually story, I liked the FFX-2 version of blitzball the best though, i found it more interesting and challenging with all the training options and Tactics, The FFVIII card game was addictive as well, I always have to complete the entire collection when i play it, and finally Chocobo Racing in VII, although the music does drive you insane after a while

Blitzball easily...the seasons,the tournements,the players (yes I liked recruiting) etc.............But when I say I liked blitzball definately not the blitzball in FFX-2 only the one in FFX.........for me the snowboarding in FFVII comes a little close but blitzball's the win for me..........;)

Really though, I think SE should make some kind of mini-small game like revolved around blitzball just like they did with the snow boarding in FFVII (I'm sure they made a game out of it don't remember what platform though).

Triple triad.from FFVIII I coukd spent hours on that game to gain more and better cards. Sometimes I played it for two hours on a row and then had to say to myself to continue the story, I did but after fighting a bunch of monsters I started Triple triad again xD
Blitzball was fun too, but later on you were just forced to play it too much if you wanted Wakka's weapon. So only in the beginning of the game it's fun to do.
FFX-2 gunners gauntlet was fun too, I always try to finish it whenver I can play it, and when the story bores me I go back to play it again.

Last edited:
Back