Favorite Magic

Personally I don't like Basch, but his moves are awesome!
Ruin Impendant is my favorite because it seems to shatter reality itself, and then a big cool fiery oblivion follows it OMG

Holy- well its holy, thats enough to make anyone excited
comet- things falling from space are cool
blizzage- ice and fire enemys always good damage

Cure So basic, but of course the best spell. Keeps your ass from dying.

Raise Along with Cure, basic but saves you in case you fuck up.

Haste In every thing I do I prefer speed over power. Haste is the ultimate spell for my setups. Very important.

y favorite magic is mostly Blue magic, spells that you learn from enemies just so you can use it against them...BRILLIANT

Ultima ff7, looks like they are being radiated MUHAHAHAHAHA
Mimeff7, can you go wrong miming omnislash, realy?

Araise, or Full-Life, which resurrects a character with full HP, is very nice. Especially if you have a 1 MP cost accessory.

Flare, Comet, Ultima etc. have already been mentioned. But on the downside, high non-elemental damage removes the strategy from considering elemental affinities.

Blizzard/Blizzara/Blizzaga: I'm a huge ice magic fan!
Flare: Plain ol' kick-arse.
Cure/Cura/Curaga: Who doesn't love white magic?
Haste: Allows total ownage.

I've found that I only like Regen if it's auto-equipped, like in IX with the Auto-Regen ability (which made me near godly).

Darkja - Heavy Dark elemental damage on all enemies + 50% chance of inflicting Death/Darkness, how cool is that?

All the "Ja" Spells (Holyja/Blizzaja,etc).. Very powerfull elemental spells with status effects added.

Ultima/Meteor/Flare - The best destructive magic in all Final Fantasies :D

Gravija - Reduces Enemy HP to 3/4, very powerful spell which is annoying and useful at the same time, at least in FFVIII.

Curaja/Arise/Full-Life - Most helpful Magic.

All the Auto-Magic's are useful and helpful, but i don't mention them, because they are "Abilities/Skills/Equipments" But they are without a doubt the most useful ones.

Cure - Great for early game in FXII versing wolves.
Haste - I like increasing the speed of the battles.
Fire/Fira = <3 Fire spells.

Flare: the most powerful single target spell inany ff game
Mega Flare: not exactly a magic spell but it come from my favourite gf, aeon, summon of all time!

do you guys know that flare is made up of fire, ice & thunder yet all these elements combined give it a non-elelmental property pretty sweet!

Some of my favorite magic:
Flare
Ultima
Full-Life
Haste
and the unappreciated cure spell :wacky:

----------------------------

Meteor/Meteo: One of the best non elemental spells, and just so cool in FF VII :)
Arise: A great spell that saved me numerous times
Ultima: Can't go wrong with a spell that deals huge damage to everyone ^_^

I like Blackmagic and White magic.These are my Favorites...
Blizzard
Thunder
Cure/Cura/Curaga those are helpful
Haste
Meteor
My most FavoriteHoly:D

My favorite magic are Holy, Meteor, Doomsday, Flare and Ultima because they are the most powerful magic spells in Final Fantasy as well all know.

Last edited:
I love the traditional powerhouse spells like Holy, Flare, Ultima and Doomsday. They damage. A lot. I particularly love the name Ultima- its Latin-esque insignia of power.

Also, I like the more overlooked spells like Renew, Bubble and Hastega. Hastega speeds up your party- extremely useful to use. Bubble, if I recall, doubles your current cap HP- perfect for a hard hitting boss.

As for Renew- it simply replenishes HP completely. It's the uber Curaga spell.

My favorite spells from the series...

Aura(Final Fantasy II's version)
Comet
Meteor
Holy
Bio
Flare
Return(The ability to restart a battle is always a welcome feature)
Hastega
Reflect
Float(Take that earth damage!)
Quake

For me it is probably Ultima or Holy.

I tend to love the animations of these two spells... When I first saw them on FF7 I was mesmerised by the animatons and, though they changed from game to game, the animations for these two spells tended to prove to be spectacular.

Back