Final Fantasy VII Remake

I do hope they end up remaiking this game, but I also wish they would put an end to trying to spice up FFVII more and more and just let it retire to the Hall of Fame where it belongs.

It's a good game, but if you come back into the league more times than Michael Jordan, you're going to start to tick people off that use to love you. Square Enix should stop relying on past glories and focus on future projects to "wow" us.

Reading through wikipedia again i found this interesting quote - Further fueling the rumors, Kaz Hirai said at the Final Fantasy VII 10th Anniversary Gallery in Tokyo: "Congratulations on 10 fantastic years! The best is yet to come"

This along with the ending of Crisis core, and all the promotional materials - wall scrolls of Aerith and Tifa in their FFVII outfits for instance, really do make me believe that a remake is merely months away from being announced.

That, or they enjoy teasing us.

Nomura said a few month's ago that there is going to be another 10 years of the FFVII compilation. The ned of Crisis Core kind of alludes to a remake, and Nomura has said that he would love to do one but he needs more people to work on it and time to do it.

An FFVII remake is not a question of if, its a question of when.

Heard the latest news :D :D :D :D ?????

A new FF7 game is coming out on the PS3...... titled: ''Endless Crisis''

However, notice:

Advent Children - AC
Before Crisis - BC
Crisis Core - CC
Dirge of Cerberus - DC
and now
Endless Crisis - EC?

Is it going to go on until ZC........zero choboco? Lol... what's going on with Square-Enix

A new FF7 game is coming out on the PS3...... titled: ''Endless Crisis''

Actually this is just a rumor. I highly doubt SE would call a game endless crisis in a series already taking heat for supposedly endless spinoffs.

We'll find out during the TGS this weekend if its true or not.

I think I remember reading about this a couple of weeks ago...

Meh, I won't believe it until SE actually makes an official announcement saying so, until then, I think their being sadistic to VII fans. That, or it's wonderful marketing tactic to sell the crap out of Crisis Core.

yeah i really don't understand why they're stringing us along about this FFVII remake. they should just let us know whether its gonna happen or not, what could that hurt?

I've heard that it's not gunna happen, altho i hope that's not the case, apparently the stuff for the ps3 was just a demo to show what it was capable of. But they already have alot of the stuff like chars and places from AC & DoC, so I really do hope they re-make it. I nearly wee'd myself when i first saw that demo on youtube......i would sell my soul....no...GIVE AWAY my ENTIRE shoe collection. I dont even own a ps3 yet but if FF7 came out on it id be straight to the shop with mr. credit card burning a hole in my pocket, afterall, i bought a playstation just for final fantasy 7

*crosses fingers*

I woud completely have to agree, imagine ffvii with no changes to thegame but in high deff, i would be sat summoning knights of the round all day coz it would look great.

I pray that they don't lengthen the summon animations (Especially KoTR), they're long enough as it is.

a FFVII remake would be golden, and another spinoff would be something like rusty metal.

im a huge fan of the FFVII franchise, i love it to death i promise...but if they keep milking it its gonna run dry.
I agree with your viewpoint. There comes a time when you just gotta leave things alone.

Well, at the end of the Crisis core ending they show the FFVII original intro in advanced graphics. It says: 'To Be continued in Final Fantasy VII.'

I would not be surprised if Square Enix made a remake of Final Fantasy VII. Not to mention these prequels are probably making them big bucks. Fans are wanting to replay FFVII. Thing is...some fans don't own a copy of FFVII. The PSX copy has been discontinued for years. I'm worried about Square changing and add new things to the original plot. Of course they're going to mention Genesis.

Well, at the end of the Crisis core ending they show the FFVII original intro in advanced graphics. It says: 'To Be continued in Final Fantasy VII.'

I would not be surprised if Square Enix made a remake of Final Fantasy VII. Not to mention these prequels are probably making them big bucks. Fans are wanting to replay FFVII. Thing is...some fans don't own a copy of FFVII. The PSX copy has been discontinued for years. I'm worried about Square changing and add new things to the original plot. Of course they're going to mention Genesis.

Well if they adding things. I wold want some stuff like:

-An extra 6 inches on Tifa's flthy leather mini skirt (and loosen the shirt about 10%) and make Yuffie's very mini short shorts just short shorts.

-The Tifa/Scarlet slap fight should be a battle (scripted or not I don;t care it was funny)

-The option after completing the game to change the outfits to their Ac ones (Before crisis or cirsis core for Aerith).

-maybe a what if story plot (like what if Tifa ran in to save Aerith, like as a side story that's not canon).

-I also wanna find out if Palmer is really dead (on wikipedia it says he is alive but the last time we ever see him he got ran over by a shinra truck and has yet to appear in the future so I think he is dead).

They have chances to win billions of the green thing.$$$ and they have fans... and fans... :D haha I guess that they would do it. They did lots of things already for the FFVII compilations... :S
hnn... I hope they doo XD

I would gladly buy the remake.

the idea of a remake, as I have said many, many times is acceptable IF they keep the game and story identical in every way apart from graphics, which could be improved.

I'm all for it... So long as they don't tamper with the original storyline or characters, which I'm sure has weighed heavily on their minds given the whole remake issue.... If it even happens.

Anyway, as long as they don't change those two main elements, I really don't see the harm in remaking it, nor do I see ruining VII. Besides, I know graphics don't make the game, but I honestly wouldn't mind seeing this one completely redone in PS3 graphics as well as some excellent voice acting.

Back