Final Fantasy VII Remake

I would love the guys at square-enix to remake this game, because it is already my favourite game of all time and improving the graphics can only improve the overall game. Don't get me wrong, i'm not a graphic whore, quite the opposite, but to see all of the best bits from FFVII, the motorbike chase out of Midgar, the weapons, in graphics such as the type we've seen from Advent Children would be fantastic. Looking at it in a business point of view, Square-Enix would be mad not to bring a remake out. Millions of FF fans are scattered across the globe, if youre looking at how many people have actually ever played this game, you may even be looking at billions. FFVII opitimised the success of the FF series and such is the way of The Simpsons at the moment, brand loyalty will make this game large profits. If they do it right, the added incentive of attracting graphics noobs will make Square-Enix huge profits.
I am looking forward to playing this amazing game again, even if it turns out to be terrible, if we get to see Cid yell "Shit" on the Highwind in the final cut scene, then i'll be more than content

Yes, I'd like SE to remake FFVII for PS3 only if they stay to the original storyline as any changes, other than adding optional stuff and maybe more mini games at Gold Saucer, to the main story could ruin it.

The only problem is the fear of Square "fixing" some of the holes in the story, I actually quite like how you don't know everything

^ I know where you're coming from, but it's a little too late for that. The compilation has cleared up pretty much everything for us. DOC is the only thing that still leaves questions unanswered...

If they remake it, I see them adding in alot of the new stuff from the Compilation to tie everything together. There will probably be no mystery left in it at all.

Last edited:
NEGATIVES?????????? tristar22 hit the nail on the head man my only wish now is that he would come out with sum similar shit for ffviii, sory evry 1 i love ffvii an all, i really do, but, ffviii absolutley smashes it for me
>more mature
>more involving battle system
>more of a cult game
>better plot(time repeating its self and all the intertwining stories)
>better characters(seifer+zell=fuckin hilarious)

so as i said im all 4 a ffvii remake as long as they do ffviii and mabe even ix too...........as any proper ff fan knows ps1 ff's were the best and in my opinion no ff since has taken away any of their harsh graphicall glory.

so sony an se in the hope that 1 day soon you look at this thread plz get the ps1 team bk together and do wot evry1 wants and wot makes the most corporate sense.....christ its not rocket science!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

While a FFVIII and FFIX are wanted, they aren't asked for as much as a FFVII remake is, not to mention that SE has NEVER said anything about remaking either of them.

maybe once VII is remade, SE will finally move away from VII and start milking another FF which will ultimately result in a remake :monster:

I hope not. I wouldn't mind a FF7 remake, If they decide to make one cool, if not also cool, I'm just tired of these rumors,
And I'd much rather see and play new FFs then remakes of old ones.

i think they should, and hope they will... they should make it available for download of the online PS3 store... and maybe even include a demo for FFXIII.!!! or KH3... just an idea

i think they should, and hope they will... they should make it available for download of the online PS3 store... and maybe even include a demo for FFXIII.!!! or KH3... just an idea

Yes, I like that idea, as long as it includes updated graphics and orchestral soundtrack (with some Black Mages style content). The original was designed for SDTV, so the original graphics will not work too well on an HDTV. Tracks "Still More Fighting" and "Electric de Chocobo" would be Black Mages style arrangements. The Final Fantasy VII remake may most likely happen after Final Fantasy XIII, thus instead it would include a demo of Final Fantasy XIV or XV. There could be voice acting and new sidequests. The voice actors used in Advent Children will reprise their respective roles in the remake. There would be a more faithful English translation, being more consistent with the Japanese release.

Last edited:
heh, my opinion SE would be making a HUGE mistake if they didn't make a remake. FFVII and KH3 would be the ONLY games I'd buy a PS3 for, heck I'm gonna get a PSP just because I wanna play Crisis Core.

I'll explain it easily:
FFVII Remake=$$$$$!!! :neomon:

In May 2006, during a press conference to desvelate the Financiery results of 2005,
Square-Enix show two schemes of both protyects:
'Compilation of Final Fantasy VII'
& 'Final Fantasy XIII Fabulla Nova Cristallis'
For Final Fantasy XIII Fabulla Nova Cristallis was showed a sketch with 6 circles:
* Final Fantasy XIII
* Final Fantasy Versus XIII
* Final Fantasy Agito XIII
and 3 empty (one of them will contain Haeresis XIII.

In Compilation of Final Fantasy VII, there was 8 circles, no-one empty (but with the time it has change, because now it have 9 titles officially confirmed:

*Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children (Film - DVD-UMD)

*Before Crisis: Final Fantasy VII (Mobile Phones)

*Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII (PSP)

*Dirge of Cerberus: Final Fantasy VII (PS2)

*Final Fantasy VII: Last Order (OVA - DVD-UMD)

*Final Fantasy VII: Snowboarding (Mobile Phones)

*The Maiden who travels the Planet (Book)

*One way to a Smile (Book)
(It tells the story between the final of Final Fantasy VII to the beginning of Advent Children)

*Dirge of Cerberus Lost Episode: Final Fantasy VII (Mobile Phones)

(It's strange, but the Initials of some games are AC, BC, CC and DC)

So guys, for the moment there is no Final Fantasy VII Remake for PS3 or another console...
At least not offically...

I think there will win a lot of money if Square do it, but there is a lot of pression by fans, people expects a lot of things: graphics, resolutions, extras, changes, originality, but other things like keeping the story and the and the enviroment like it was in the first title, so Square is afraid of discredit.

You know what wouldn't hurt though? More mini-games in the Golden Saucer. I know they had loads, but meh, I'm a sucker for mini-games.

So am I :monster:

That would be an epic idea, I so love that shooty rollercoaster thing, moar of them would be fabulous. One mog house is more than enought tho...I dont car HOW much GP it gives you, that was just boring as hell

I would prefer a full on remake of some others... maybe a full on PS3 rendition of FF4 or FF6... I would die for a PS3 remake of FF8... but FF7... yeah... not my first choice, but I'd still like to see it, and I would defiantely buy it the day it came out and no one would see me for at least a week afterwards.

nO ONE SAW ME FOR A COUPLE OF WEEKS WHEN vii cAME OUT ORIGINALLY SO i think Id be the same with a remake :wacky:

I think VIII was pretty enough tbqh, the only thing I thinks need fixing on that is the poorly done characters >_<

Im being plagued by caps lock today >_<

yes we have to have a FFVII remake for PS3 the graphics can then be much better and the remake could be so much better than the origional. the original game seemed a bit before its time so the graphics and quality are a bit poor compared to the story but there wa sno choice at that time. i really want a remake where the game can be brought into a better time for its story and a remake would be so popular
a remake must be made ^_^

I sure would like a remake but only for better graphics. I don't want secret characters, new scenes and some kind of love between Tifa and Cloud.

I'm indifferent towards a remake to be honest. I probably would play it if it was made, and I already owned whatever system it was to come out on, but it is not exactly something I am pining for or would invest a lot of money in a new system in order to play. If they do go ahead with it though, I believe that they should try and see if they could bring back Sakaguchi to oversee the project. Perhaps just as a freelance consultant or something like that, but he definitely should be involved.

Or maybe even get Mistwalker to do it for them.

Last edited:
Back